Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned

The BioShock Infinite website announces Clash in the Clouds, a DLC pack for BioShock Infinite that will start rolling out today, though they say it may take a few days to reach all platforms and regions. This trailer shows off the pack, and here's the description: "This first add-on pack puts an intense focus on BioShock Infinite combat. Combine weapons, Vigors, Gear, Tears, and Sky-Lines in ways you never thought possible as you square off against impossible odds. This pack features 60 challenges in four brand-new environments. Complete Blue Ribbon Challenges and unlock concept art, Voxophones, Kinetoscopes, and more in The Columbian Archeological Society. Climb the Leaderboards and earn new Achievements and Trophies." In a separate announcement, Irrational Games also reveals BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 1, a DLC featuring Booker and (post-jailbait) Elizabeth adventuring around Rapture, the underwater setting of the original BioShock. This is shown off in this trailer, and word is: "this DLC features Rapture as you’ve never seen it before—a shining jewel at the bottom of the ocean, built almost entirely from scratch in the BioShock Infinite engine. Gameplay has been modified to give the player an original BioShock combat experience that merges the best parts of BioShock and BioShock Infinite: new weapons, new Plasmids/Vigors, Tears, Sky-Lines, and Big Daddies." There's an interview on Eurogamer.net where Ken Levine fills in more details, saying the Burial at Sea DLC takes place in 1958, and that the second part will include the ability to play as Elizabeth. This announcement has the release details:

BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds is available starting today for £3.69 (400 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live® for Xbox 360) via online marketplaces on all available platforms, and is included in the BioShock Infinite Season Pass*.

Also in development at Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea* is a two-part add-on campaign featuring an all-new story for Booker and Elizabeth, set in the underwater city of Rapture before its fall. These two campaigns will be available individually for £9.99 (1200 Microsoft Points), and are also included as part of the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

7. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 11:53 Cutter

Yeah, I'm always down for more Rapture. I'd love to see it all shiny and new. Much like Donovan and Sebastian the Crab I'd love to be living down in the ocean.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 11:46 Quinn

I don't get it why a company would waste their fucking time and money on this bullshit Arena/Challenges nonsense for a game like BIOSHOCK ffs. It's so goddamned dumb! People didn't play Bioshock Infinite so they can experience what it's like to be Rambo or a skilled freaking black-ops agent. They play it for the story; the atmosphere; the drama -- and all the awesome guns and skills you can use in the process only improve the experience. Without the first three aspects, however, it's hollow and boring and only a handful of gamers would give a rat's fuck.

There. I said it.

The Rapture DLC looks promising!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 11:27 MDB

Love how they're applying the ideas that the ending of Infinite revealed. Always a man, always a city...

Fired up Bioshock 1 a few weeks ago for the first time since upgrading my hardware. My god is it gorgeous.

4. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 11:00 Raven

WAIT... The Season Pass is advertised as 3 DLC packs. So, it's JUST these 3 DLC???

A DLC pack with arena-style challenges.

A DLC pack with part one of a Rapture adventure.

A DLC pack with the completion of the above Rapture adventure.

One extra bit of adventure and that's it? That makes all the bitching about the Borderland's 2 Season Pass, with 4 different stories (some better than others) seem kind of silly. I guess that's why the advertisement says "More Story" instead of "More Stories"

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2013, 11:35.

3. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 10:23 John

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 09:54:
Couldn't care less about the challenge stuff, but the return to Rapture sounds good! Odd timing, as I just started replaying Bioshock (original) last night...I think I enjoyed Rapture more than I did Columbia.
Yeah, I think that was my favorite of all with Infinite being a close second.

Looking forward to the Burial at Sea DLCs but I'll probably wait until both are out before I go back to it.

This space is available for rent

2. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 09:57 Verno

The Arena crap sounds boring and uninspired. The Rapture DLC sounds alright though, might check it out depending on length.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

1. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 09:54 nin

Couldn't care less about the challenge stuff, but the return to Rapture sounds good! Odd timing, as I just started replaying Bioshock (original) last night...I think I enjoyed Rapture more than I did Columbia.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo