Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned

The BioShock Infinite website announces Clash in the Clouds, a DLC pack for BioShock Infinite that will start rolling out today, though they say it may take a few days to reach all platforms and regions. This trailer shows off the pack, and here's the description: "This first add-on pack puts an intense focus on BioShock Infinite combat. Combine weapons, Vigors, Gear, Tears, and Sky-Lines in ways you never thought possible as you square off against impossible odds. This pack features 60 challenges in four brand-new environments. Complete Blue Ribbon Challenges and unlock concept art, Voxophones, Kinetoscopes, and more in The Columbian Archeological Society. Climb the Leaderboards and earn new Achievements and Trophies." In a separate announcement, Irrational Games also reveals BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 1, a DLC featuring Booker and (post-jailbait) Elizabeth adventuring around Rapture, the underwater setting of the original BioShock. This is shown off in this trailer, and word is: "this DLC features Rapture as you’ve never seen it before—a shining jewel at the bottom of the ocean, built almost entirely from scratch in the BioShock Infinite engine. Gameplay has been modified to give the player an original BioShock combat experience that merges the best parts of BioShock and BioShock Infinite: new weapons, new Plasmids/Vigors, Tears, Sky-Lines, and Big Daddies." There's an interview on Eurogamer.net where Ken Levine fills in more details, saying the Burial at Sea DLC takes place in 1958, and that the second part will include the ability to play as Elizabeth. This announcement has the release details:

BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds is available starting today for £3.69 (400 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live® for Xbox 360) via online marketplaces on all available platforms, and is included in the BioShock Infinite Season Pass*.

Also in development at Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea* is a two-part add-on campaign featuring an all-new story for Booker and Elizabeth, set in the underwater city of Rapture before its fall. These two campaigns will be available individually for £9.99 (1200 Microsoft Points), and are also included as part of the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

27. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 17:27 Dev

About time, I was starting to be concerned that my season pass wasn't going to get me anything at all.
Kitkoan wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 16:53:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 14:37:
As crappy as this DLC might seem, just remember... It's better than multiplayer map packs! (BioShock 2)

Will it be already on the disc though?
Its downloading 5 gigs right now for me on steam, so I'd say no.

Plus, why would they have waited so long to put it out and start cashing in on the DLC money if it was done and on the disk?

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2013, 18:28.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 17:20 Flatline

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 14:33:
DG wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 14:19:
Haven't gotten around to playing the main game yet. Am I right to assume this new DLC (not the arena thing) will be very much separate, post-endgame stuff, and not inserted into the middle like much of the Mass Effect DLC?

W/o talking about the ending, it's unknown. It could take place in the middle, or (again, trying to avoid spoilers) after the main game, in another place, if you will...

I can't be too specific, but post-jailbait Elizabeth has some very, very specific ramifications in light of the ending. Either that or it's a stand-alone vignette, which again I'm okay with.

Edit: So I watched the trailer. I'm f*cking DOWN for this. They're giving it a distinct film noir detective pulp vibe in the trailer. I'm down with that.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2013, 17:25.

25. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 16:53 Kitkoan

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 14:37:
As crappy as this DLC might seem, just remember... It's better than multiplayer map packs! (BioShock 2)

Will it be already on the disc though?

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

24. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 16:05 Atomic

Bioshock Triple Pack at Amazon for $34.99. Includes Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Bioshock Infinite. Requires Steam.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DOD0TZG?tag=dealnewscom

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

23. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 15:35 DangerDog

Linksil wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 13:41:
Well if this takes us through the fall of Rapture... I'm all for it.

too bad it's just a slice of DLC, Rapture is far more interesting to me than cloud city.

I'll wait for GOTY edition.

22. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 15:18 wtf_man

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 09:54:
Couldn't care less about the challenge stuff, but the return to Rapture sounds good! Odd timing, as I just started replaying Bioshock (original) last night...I think I enjoyed Rapture more than I did Columbia.

I bought both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite on the Steam summer sale. I have to admit Bioshock was better than I remember, when I first played it at a friends house and couldn't "get into it". I still think System Shock 2 is superior.

That said... I'm in the middle of playing Infinite... While the game is fine... I'm not sure I care for the "race card" angle to the story.

21. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 15:12 Cutter

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 13:48:

Yep. Been asking for that since Bioshock 2 was announced...

And I was saying how neato keen it'd be to see Rapture in its hay day!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 14:39 Drayth

Seems awesome, imo.  

19. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 14:37 jacobvandy

18. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 14:33 nin

DG wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 14:19:
Haven't gotten around to playing the main game yet. Am I right to assume this new DLC (not the arena thing) will be very much separate, post-endgame stuff, and not inserted into the middle like much of the Mass Effect DLC?

W/o talking about the ending, it's unknown. It could take place in the middle, or (again, trying to avoid spoilers) after the main game, in another place, if you will...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 14:31 Drayth

This is not interjecting into the main storyline, no.  

16. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 14:19 DG

15. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 13:48 nin

Yep. Been asking for that since Bioshock 2 was announced...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 13:41 Linksil

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

13. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 13:36 siapnar

Haven't played any of the Bioshocks (the original sent my last video card into overdrive for some reason) but I suppose I should get around to it now  

I have projectile dysfunction.

12. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 13:05 Tumbler

Kind of exciting to see the DLC they have planned. The rapture adventure seems like a perfect fit. I think putting it in a different setting is really smart. If it connects to the original story, fine, if not I still think it could be cool to have a whole seperate adventure with different characters. Alternate reality.

The whole Season Pass plus 2 part dlc and the first of the 3 parts being a mini game of sorts...I'm glad I don't purchase season passes. The one I've bought that I liked was the Borderlands 2 season pass. That one ended up costing me $60 for hte game and pass because of sales so the whole experience feels worth it in the end.

I feel like season passes basically insure the developer/publishers can half ass the content. Make one good thing then make a few other minor things just to say you made multiple items.

I have more faith that kickstarter projects will be a good return on my money than I do season passes.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 12:56 Quinn

Yakubs wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 12:52:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 12:39:
I really should finish this game. I was near the end I think, then work happened. Its getting hard to avoid spoilers.

If you're near the end, you really should have already figured out the ending.

Honestly, I figured it out less than an hour into the game somehow.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 12:52 Yakubs

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 12:39:
I really should finish this game. I was near the end I think, then work happened. Its getting hard to avoid spoilers.

If you're near the end, you really should have already figured out the ending.

9. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 12:39 NegaDeath

8. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 12:35 Jerykk

Seems like they took the same route as Dishonored. One challenge-based DLC that nobody cares about and two episodic, story-based DLC that people do care about. Luckily, I only paid for $10 for the season pass so I'm okay with that.  

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo