Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Blade of Darkness on GOG.com. Save 60%.
  • Expeditions: Conquistador on Steam. Save 50%.
  • No Time to Explain on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Prime World: Defenders on Steam. Save 33%.
  • Space Empires IV Deluxe on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Space Empires V on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Still Life on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Still Life 2 on Steam. Save 75%.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2013, 09:13 Quinn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 09:03:
Anyone getting Mercenary Kings? Looks like a lot of old school in there....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218820/

I still cannot understand why people are willing to pay that much money for a game like this. To me, it's simply irrational.

Go plug your old Nintendo into your flatscreen or download and install Fury of the Furries or any other game that'll be fresh in your mind again because you haven't played it for 20 years or more.

But, again, paying 15 bucks for uninspired/uninspiring stuff like this is only telling devs that they can make good fucking money a fucking easy way.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2013, 09:03 xXBatmanXx

Anyone getting Mercenary Kings? Looks like a lot of old school in there....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218820/

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2013, 03:46 Quinn

I have the disc version of Severance: Blade of Darkness since its day of release. It still works fine. I replayed the game merely a month ago because it was calling to me from the grave -- had to dig through ancient chests to pull it from it!

This game is one of the best games I have ever -- EVER! -- played. The feel of the gameplay; the combat, has similarities with Dark Souls, the major difference is that it's better.

Back in the day this game was a revolution graphic wise, and fucking still is melee-combat wise. If you haven't picked up this game yet, and you're not going to, then you're a madman.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2013, 04:01.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2013, 03:03 Jerykk

$10 is a great deal for Expeditions. Good, open-ended RPG with fun turn-based combat and lots of meaningful skill checks and ambiguous moral choices. I actually enjoyed it more than Shadowrun Returns, which felt like more of an adventure game with combat.  

4. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2013, 22:07 Wallshadows

Release Date February 21, 2001

Good fucking lord, it's hard to believe that it was released twelve years ago and that twelve years ago was one year after Y2K.

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?! Uhoh

3. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2013, 21:24 Squirmer

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 20:09:
Blade of Darkness, huh? I love that game. I have the disc version, but it's a pain in the butt to run on any OS newer than Windows 98.

Does anyone have experience running GoG Blade of Darkness on Windows 7?
Yeah it works fine for me on my ATI card. The disc version had huge problems with cutscenes not working properly etc, but the GoG version works. There's a bunch of config options you can set in the launcher so maybe just play around with those if you have any trouble.

2. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2013, 21:04 Cutter

Get EC if you don't have it. Totally worth it yo!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2013, 20:09 Elf Shot The Food

Blade of Darkness, huh? I love that game. I have the disc version, but it's a pain in the butt to run on any OS newer than Windows 98.

Does anyone have experience running GoG Blade of Darkness on Windows 7?

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo