Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders

The IL-2 Sturmovik Website now offers preorders of IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, 1C Company's upcoming combat flight simulator sequel. This includes a choice of a USD $49.99 edition and a USD $89.99 Premium Edition. These each offer different early access periods and founder's tags, along with other perks. Here's word:

Early Access: Buyers of the Standard Edition will get early access in winter 2013 prior to public release. Buyers of Premium Edition will get the early access in autumn 2013.

Founder's Tag: Buyers of the Standard Edition will get a Silver IL-2 Sturmovik logo placed under their avatar in the community forum. Buyers of the Premium Edition will get a Gold IL-2 Sturmovik logo placed under their avatar on the forum.

Aircraft at Launch: Buyers of the Standard and Premium Editions will get the same base set of 6 aircraft (LaGG-3 (series 29), Bf-109 F-4, IL-2 AM-38 (1942 year's model, single-seat), Ju-87 D-3, Pe-2 (series 87 and 110) and He-111 H-6) with the possibility to earn 2 more aircrafts in the game (Yak-1 and Bf-109 G-2).

Special Aircraft Set: Buyers of the Premium Edition will also get access to a couple more special aircraft (La-5 and FW-190 A-3) which cannot be obtained in the game, but can be purchased in our store after launch.

Special Label: Buyers of the Premium Edition will get a special label inside the game interface next to their nickname which will stand out from the other players in multiplayer mode.You can turn it off or on as you wish.

Send a Gift to a Friend: We have also built a system to send gifts. Not only can you purchase a Pre-Order copy for yourself, but you can also purchase one or more copies of either edition per user account (email) and send it to a friend. You can activate one copy (digital key) on your account and send the others to friends, family or squadron mates. The gift system will be available with the opening of the early access period in autumn 2013 to buyers of all versions.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 30, 2013, 19:27 Eirikrautha

Jedi Master wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 11:15:
Uh, you have to buy ALL of those planes to fly them. It's not free to play.

If you're complaining that the FW isn't one of the base aircraft, well they were picking one fighter for each side and the 109 won. It WAS far more significant to the Luftwaffe than the 190 by sheer numbers alone. One bomber and one ground attack plane round it out.

As for money grubbing, Cliffs of Dover sold so poorly they almost cancelled the series. Simply truth of flight sims: At a flat $50 a copy, not enough people are buying them to recover their costs. So they need to charge more to the people that are buying...or they don't do it at all. Your choice.

Also realize that flight sims like Red Baron cost $50-$60 in 1990! This is 2013, and running the old inflation index calculator will show you that is $89.33 today...or what they're charging for the Premium Edition.

Bulls**t!

Let me get this straight...

I bought IL-2 and got dozens of planes (i.e. the whole game), and even more for free later. This creates a sim community large enough to sustain multiple expansions and GOTY editions, making IL-2 one of the most popular flight sims in history.

Through poor management and development, the next iteration is so bad that it is pretty much non-functional on release. Now, because THEY made a crappy game... I have to pay more? That's just ig'nant!

On the new game, they are going to charge a full game price for a handful of planes, then bleed us for additional cash for the privilege of playing their new IL-2? Please. That's the DEFINITION of "money-grubbing."

I have every IL-2 game/expansion/etc. to this point. No sale on the new publisher-gratifying rationing model...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 30, 2013, 04:39 InBlack

Draugr wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 14:57:
InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 11:00:
siapnar wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:47:
InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:39:
DCS: World is where its at and its modules obviously.
I've just been getting back into flight sims (last one I played - and loved - was 1990's Red Baron).

I have tried both World of Warplanes as well as War Thunder, and I just checked out the site for DCS: World since you mentioned it.
So essentially you get the base program then can install modules, new and old, into that program?

I'm pretty impressed by some of the features of WoWP, but I'm open to trying another sim.

Apples and oranges. DCS is the MOST accurate sim you will find. WoWP and War Thunder while fun, are basically arcade games. You will need some kind of joystick as a minimum to fly some of the planes in DCS. The basic program contains one (free) plane that you can fly but its a russian Su-25 which features russian avionics and is a nightmare to learn.

What were your thoughts on the 'full real battles' in war thunder, compared to other flight-sim games? I haven't messed with it myself, . but, I was curious about those who are into flight sims, think of it.

The problem is even with all the realism options turned 'on' in War Thunder the engine is simply not a sim engine. The advanced dynamic flight model in DCS calculates things like aerodynamic airflow over all the control surfaces and the actual model of the plane, it takes into acount wind speed, air pressure, temperature, etc. It implements Newtonian physics with regards to airplane and ordnance momentum, gravity etc. Things like this are mostly prescripted or 'canned' in Warthunder. Then there is the avionics suite. The cockpits in DCS are detailed to 100% accuracy, each and every switch does what it does in the real plane. Really War Thunder can't compare to DCS, hell nothing Ive seen can compare to DCS except for maybe military grade simulators. (which the developers are happy to point out, they also do)

Yes its very expensive, but when you take into account the ammount of work that goes in every single plane and the ammount of work that the actual player needs to put in to master it, the price is well worth it.

I have a nifty blue line!

22. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 22:13 siapnar

Apples and oranges. DCS is the MOST accurate sim you will find. WoWP and War Thunder while fun, are basically arcade games. You will need some kind of joystick as a minimum to fly some of the planes in DCS. The basic program contains one (free) plane that you can fly but its a russian Su-25 which features russian avionics and is a nightmare to learn.

Ive got the A-10C, P51 and Uh-1h modules and Im happy with all of them. The A-10 is the easiest plane to takeoff in, manouver, fly and land but it features a shitload of navigation and modern weapon systems that Ive yet to explore fully.

The P51 is a joy to fly because its such a simple WWII design, but paradoxically its much harder to master even simple manouvers with this plane because you are really flying by the seat of your pants.

The most fun Im having is with the UH-1H module, probably the best helicopter sim Ive ever tried. The training tutorials are straightforward, the campaign is brilliant and the flight model is easily the most accurate Ive seen. (A few real life Huey pilots have commented on the accuracy on the forums). Its also the hardest aircraft to fly because well, flying helicopters is something thats simply not that intuitive. Fixed wing aeroplanes 'want' to fly, helicopters 'want' to crash and burn...

Thanks for all the info dude

I have projectile dysfunction.

21. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 21:08 Aero

WyldKat wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 16:16:
That makes me feel better about it but I'm honestly not a fan of them leaving certain planes, very IMPORTANT planes from a sim/historic POV, only accessible via DLC. I suppose I'll just wait and see how the reviews go and wait for an all inclusive version a year down the road. 'Sides, IL2-1946 is still amazing and Star Citizen dogfighting alpha is coming soon too.

If they're using the Rise of Flight style of business model, which it seems they mostly are, then I don't see a problem with it. Rise of Flight, as it currently is, is a good example of DLC done right. They keep refining the base engine, while releasing new DLC content (planes, a new map) that are well worth the asking price.

It hardly seems like it looking back because it was so spread out, but I've probably spent in the neighborhood of $150 or more on it over the last couple years. The trick is, it was all in sub-$10 chunks, and it was always something I was looking forward to and, I felt, well worth its price.

If 1C/777 keeps releasing new, thoroughly and beautifully modelled (physically and aesthetically) airplanes for ~$10 each, and the odd new high-quality map for $20-$30. I think that's a gravy train we all can ride. They get to make a decent living developing a WWII flight sim, and I get a good WWII flight sim with new, interesting content coming out all the time.

Hopefully, a few years from now, I'll look back and realize I've given them hundreds of dollars over the years, because that means I thought it was worth it. Sure, I'd love it if we could roll back to the oldschool times of fancy, boxed flight sims, but for a variety of reasons (some good, some bad), those days are gone.

20. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 18:13 Wildone

I agree  

19. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 17:39 CJ_Parker

WyldKat wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 16:16:
I think EA still owns rights to Jane's and they're just sitting on it. Cause you know, no money in sims... >.<

Unfortunately they're not just sitting on it but as usual they squatted over it and took a big, fat, smelly dump called Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters.
Can't blame ya if ya never heard of it. It's got Metacritic scores in the 40s across all platforms (PC/Xbox 360/PS3).

18. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 16:16 WyldKat

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 15:16:
Considering how utterly horrible Cliffs of Dover turned out (and still is) I would recommend that anyone who even remotely likes aeroplane simulations to stay away from this until they release the game.

Uh no. This is misinformation.

The IL2 sequel is being developed by totally different guys. Responsible for the excellent Rise of Flight, not the guys who bumbled their way through Cliffs of Dover. If there's anyone I trust to do a good job with this it's 777.

That makes me feel better about it but I'm honestly not a fan of them leaving certain planes, very IMPORTANT planes from a sim/historic POV, only accessible via DLC. I suppose I'll just wait and see how the reviews go and wait for an all inclusive version a year down the road. 'Sides, IL2-1946 is still amazing and Star Citizen dogfighting alpha is coming soon too.

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 15:38:
They should make Jane's games again. Because Jane says....

I think EA still owns rights to Jane's and they're just sitting on it. Cause you know, no money in sims... >.<

17. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 15:38 Cutter

They should make Jane's games again. Because Jane says....

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 15:16 Dmitri_M

Considering how utterly horrible Cliffs of Dover turned out (and still is) I would recommend that anyone who even remotely likes aeroplane simulations to stay away from this until they release the game.

Uh no. This is misinformation.

The IL2 sequel is being developed by totally different guys. Responsible for the excellent Rise of Flight, not the guys who bumbled their way through Cliffs of Dover. If there's anyone I trust to do a good job with this it's 777.

15. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 15:03 Ray Ban

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 10:58:
siapnar wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 10:31:
MattyC wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 10:03:
well into the 90s they were making good flight sims.
I got caught up in the onslaught of first person shooters and never really looked back. Now that I'm older I'm looking down other avenues.
I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to play any of the older sims now, because of my tendency to be a graphics whore.

The last time I really loved a game that had anything to do with flight was while playing Freespace 2

I wish we'd get a good F-19 Stealth Fighter remake...I played the hell out of that back in the day.

F-19 was excellent and so was the "remake" F-117A Nighthawk released 3 years later.

Unfortunately the F-117A was retired and we don't know what plane (if any) replaced it.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

14. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 14:57 Draugr

I've just been getting back into flight sims (last one I played - and loved - was 1990's Red Baron).

I have tried both World of Warplanes as well as War Thunder, and I just checked out the site for DCS: World since you mentioned it.
So essentially you get the base program then can install modules, new and old, into that program?

I'm pretty impressed by some of the features of WoWP, but I'm open to trying another sim.

What were your thoughts on the 'full real battles' in war thunder, compared to other flight-sim games? I haven't messed with it myself, . but, I was curious about those who are into flight sims, think of it.

13. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 13:57 jimnms

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 11:03:
This is getting ridiculous, you have to buy the focke wulf in the store to fly it?

Tired of money grubbing devs, won't be sending money there way any time soon.

Yeah this blows. I didn't expect this out of 1C, especially since they're still patching and adding planes to IL-2 1946 for FREE.

MeanJim on Steam

12. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 13:16 Wildone

Preview with vids from SimHq

http://www.simhq.com/air-combat/il2-sturmovik-battle-stalingrad-preview.html

11. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 11:15 Jedi Master

Uh, you have to buy ALL of those planes to fly them. It's not free to play.

If you're complaining that the FW isn't one of the base aircraft, well they were picking one fighter for each side and the 109 won. It WAS far more significant to the Luftwaffe than the 190 by sheer numbers alone. One bomber and one ground attack plane round it out.

As for money grubbing, Cliffs of Dover sold so poorly they almost cancelled the series. Simply truth of flight sims: At a flat $50 a copy, not enough people are buying them to recover their costs. So they need to charge more to the people that are buying...or they don't do it at all. Your choice.

Also realize that flight sims like Red Baron cost $50-$60 in 1990! This is 2013, and running the old inflation index calculator will show you that is $89.33 today...or what they're charging for the Premium Edition.

10. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 11:03 Ozmodan

This is getting ridiculous, you have to buy the focke wulf in the store to fly it?

Tired of money grubbing devs, won't be sending money there way any time soon.

9. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 11:00 InBlack

Ive got the A-10C, P51 and Uh-1h modules and Im happy with all of them. The A-10 is the easiest plane to takeoff in, manouver, fly and land but it features a shitload of navigation and modern weapon systems that Ive yet to explore fully.

The P51 is a joy to fly because its such a simple WWII design, but paradoxically its much harder to master even simple manouvers with this plane because you are really flying by the seat of your pants.

The most fun Im having is with the UH-1H module, probably the best helicopter sim Ive ever tried. The training tutorials are straightforward, the campaign is brilliant and the flight model is easily the most accurate Ive seen. (A few real life Huey pilots have commented on the accuracy on the forums). Its also the hardest aircraft to fly because well, flying helicopters is something thats simply not that intuitive. Fixed wing aeroplanes 'want' to fly, helicopters 'want' to crash and burn...

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 10:59 CJ_Parker

Re Cliffs of Dover, I haven't tried this myself but according to SimHQ's review the Team Fusion Mod supposedly not only fixes most of CoD's shortcomings but, well, quotey, quotey...
The new netcode introduced in the Team Fusion mod has proven it can handle stable online battles with up to 124 human players, making it probably the most attractive online flight sim platform today for hard core WWII warbird fans.

High fidelity flight and damage modeling, in beautifully realized 1940s warbirds and stable multiplayer battles on large maps with 120+ human players at a time?

That takes IL2CoD into flight simulator MMO territory and so Iím calling the Team Fusion mod a game changer.

7. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 10:58 nin

siapnar wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 10:31:
I got caught up in the onslaught of first person shooters and never really looked back. Now that I'm older I'm looking down other avenues.
I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to play any of the older sims now, because of my tendency to be a graphics whore.

The last time I really loved a game that had anything to do with flight was while playing Freespace 2

I wish we'd get a good F-19 Stealth Fighter remake...I played the hell out of that back in the day.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 10:55 Wildone

yea, it WAS terrible bcus there's nothing to do in it..  

5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 10:31 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo