Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces they will distribute The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in North America when CD Projekt RED's RPG is finished next year:

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will be responsible for the distribution and promotion of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in North America. The third installment of the Witcher saga will be released in 2014, developed by CD Projekt RED for PC, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.

“The premiere of The Witcher 3 is the most important event in CD Projekt’s history. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is an extremely valuable partner for us because of their experience and established position on the American market, which is crucial to CD Projekt’s further rapid development. We’re very happy that our partners share our faith in The Witcher 3’s success and are ready to become fully engaged in providing promotion and sales support for the franchise in North America,” said Adam Kiciński, President, CD Projekt.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 27, 2013, 02:53 Creston

Well, at least it's not Deep Silver, but WB is not exactly great. I'm assuming that this will mostly be for the console versions, and CD Projekt promised they'd have a DRM free version on GOG, so all in all it's not likely to affect pc gamers all that much.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 26, 2013, 12:20 Optional Nickname!

Cpmartins wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 10:37:
GOG is the primary distribution platform for W3. It will be, as always, DRM free. This has been confirmed by the devs at E3, so, who cares? Don't like DRM? Buy at GOG.

I would prefer to buy at GOG as well, but they often don't have the lowest price on their own software. WBIE won't have the lowest price either by looking at their list of games made. They have some very expensive titles!

8. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 26, 2013, 10:37 Cpmartins

GOG is the primary distribution platform for W3. It will be, as always, DRM free. This has been confirmed by the devs at E3, so, who cares? Don't like DRM? Buy at GOG.  

7. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 26, 2013, 09:59 Redmask

No, I don't accept your view of events. They didn't need to remove the DRM entirely to scrap their launcher, they did that because people complained and they thought it was the right thing to do. They also endured a lawsuit as a result and stuck to their guns. Few companies do that sort of thing these days and they deserve praise for listening to their fan base and being willing to change.  

6. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 26, 2013, 09:18 CJ_Parker

Redmask wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 22:36:
CD Projekt told their last publisher to shove it over DRM and did a DRM removal patch that cost them some money in a lawsuit so I wouldn't worry about it too much guys, those guys have principles.

That's only half true. In reality they couldn't fix their lame-ass launcher and many people couldn't even play the game they spent their hard earned cash on so in a last ditch 'fuck it' effort they scrapped the launcher because fixing it would have taken too long.

CDP deserves praise and respect but the glorification that ignores historical facts is really getting a bit ridiculous.

5. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 25, 2013, 22:36 Redmask

CD Projekt told their last publisher to shove it over DRM and did a DRM removal patch that cost them some money in a lawsuit so I wouldn't worry about it too much guys, those guys have principles.  

4. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 25, 2013, 21:55 killer_roach

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 21:22:
Ugh I didn't even think of the drm aspects... I am sure WBIE will push for Steam + Windows Live + Whatever other bullshit they can come up with.

Hopefully CD Projekt setup a contract that allows them to also release a DRM free version on gog.com.

I would assume there will be a GOG release.

That being said, apart from their bizarre hard-on for GFWL, WBIE hasn't done too bad by me as a publisher of PC games goes. They're no Paradox or Valve, but, then again, only two companies are.

3. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 25, 2013, 21:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh I didn't even think of the drm aspects... I am sure WBIE will push for Steam + Windows Live + Whatever other bullshit they can come up with.

Hopefully CD Projekt setup a contract that allows them to also release a DRM free version on gog.com.

2. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 25, 2013, 20:59 Marvin T. Martian

Oh No---can't believe it-this is a joke right?-done with the franchise based on my experiences with Batman-CD Projekt is scraping the bottom of the barrel for a reliable distributer.Don't see why they needed WB, I had no problem what so ever getting and playing Witcher 1 and 2 without WB intrusive protection and poor support for the PC edition.  

1. Re: WBIE Bringing The Witcher 3 to North America Jul 25, 2013, 20:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm... I am hoping and assuming there will still be a gog.com release? I could care less about the boxed version, or any ad related to the game.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo