Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 27, 2013, 02:55 Creston

It'd be really funny if all those users left just because Mattrick became CEO.

I think he'll be out of a job again in less than a year.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 26, 2013, 09:44 wtf_man

Zynga loses nearly half its daily users, CEO Don Mattrick warns of 'more volatility'.

The World of Mattrick

13. Re: Chromecast Jul 26, 2013, 09:19 Burrito of Peace

Tim Collins wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 07:59:
I recommend everybody reading this to get a Chromecast, $35 to stream to your tv is killer.

So that Google can pass on my viewing habits and preferred entertainment to the NSA and other GAs without notification or a public warrant?

No thanks, I'll pass. Google has lost all goodwill it ever had with me.

12. Re: Chromecast Jul 26, 2013, 08:48 Verno

Tim Collins wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 07:59:
I recommend everybody reading this to get a Chromecast, $35 to stream to your tv is killer.

I don't know, streaming boxes are already getting very cheap and people should probably wait until others try and review it

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 26, 2013, 08:35 Pigeon

The company mocked up a series of tweets from three genuine Twitter accounts, and used them in a promotional blog post. All without the account owners' knowledge or consent.

Is Mattrick working for twitter too? Business ethics, the tooth fairy, and Santa Claus, all of these have much more in common than previously thought.

10. Chromecast Jul 26, 2013, 07:59 Tim Collins

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 26, 2013, 07:10 InBlack

J wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 06:35:
I'm starting the new J Kickstarter project. All the money you send me will be spent on myself, treating myself to good times and increasing not only my quality of life, but the quality of life for the local working girls too. Your donation can make a difference! At least I'm honest about it.

The guy managed to get 191,000$, moved to another city and then promptly spent it all on cardboard cutouts and art guys?? Hhahahahahah, fucking brilliant. That guy deserves a medal and all those gullible fucks will think twice before donating money again.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 26, 2013, 06:35 J

I'm starting the new J Kickstarter project. All the money you send me will be spent on myself, treating myself to good times and increasing not only my quality of life, but the quality of life for the local working girls too. Your donation can make a difference! At least I'm honest about it.  

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 26, 2013, 05:32 Julio

NKD wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 23:54:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 23:25:
Someone remind me why that guy decided to jump ship from Microsoft to Zynga? I assume it involved a large sack of cash but still, damn.

Probably got run out of MS for bungling the Xboner launch.

And now he can run Zynga into the ground. No loss there.

For the KS guy, it's hookers and blow. You don't spend $120k moving cities.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 26, 2013, 03:39 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 21:28:
Zynga loses nearly half its daily users

#dealwithit

#lookatallthefucksImnotGiving....

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 26, 2013, 03:04 jdreyer

Someone remind me why that guy decided to jump ship from Microsoft to Zynga? I assume it involved a large sack of cash but still, damn.

I think they made him CEO, too, which he wouldn't get at MS as long as Ballmer was there.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 25, 2013, 23:54 NKD

Probably got run out of MS for bungling the Xboner launch.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 25, 2013, 23:25 Wallshadows

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 25, 2013, 22:39 Cutter

I've reached out to Kickstarter to clarify just what kind of recourse these screwed gamers have, but it looks like they'll just have to wait to get a refund out of this dude's savings account sometime in the next couple of decades. Or they can sue, which they're already discussing.

And this is why you don't give money to strangers. It'll be interesting to see if he does get sued and if it's successful. If you created your own shell LLC and did this could yoy get away with scott free I wonder - assuming of course that the KS is a success.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 25, 2013, 21:28 jdreyer

Zynga loses nearly half its daily users

#dealwithit

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo