Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns

Precursor Games has a new Kickstarter campaign underway for Shadow of the Eternals, offering the planned renewed effort at crowdsourcing the funding of their spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem (Precursor includes many former employees of defunct Eternal Darkness developer Silicon Knights). Here's word on the new campaign, and how it differs from the fundraising effort they cancelled last month:

The new Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter campaign boasts a refined set of financial tiers and concrete goals that are easy and accessible. Precursor Games’ financial goal of $750,000 provides a fully complete, 8-10 hour action-adventure game steeped in psychological horror for PC and Wii U. And now, as Precursor Games is an officially licensed PlayStation®4 developer, the team has added the next-gen console as a stretch goal.

Kickstarter backers are all invited into the “Order of the Unseen,” an elite group of fans whose goal is to participate in designing the game through a unique community-driven model, by working directly with the developers.

Shadow of the Eternals is a single-player, story-driven action-adventure steeped in psychological horror that is the spiritual successor to the critically acclaimed Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GameCube, 2002). The game weaves historical fact with disturbing fiction, centered around a Louisiana detective whose fate is somehow linked to the true story of the infamous Blood Countess Erzsébet Báthory in 17th century Hungary.

Developed by Precursor Games, Shadow of the Eternals is expected to launch in fall 2014 on PC and Wii U. For more information about Shadow of the Eternals, please visit www.ShadowOfTheEternals.com, follow the game on Twitter ShadowEternals or ‘Like’ the game on Facebook.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 19:47 Rea1One

Im a huge fan of Eternal Darkness and I did back their first kickstater before they cancelled, hopefully this one doesn't fail this time!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 18:04 Gadzooks

Hmmmm, $750k for a game that promises 8-10 hours of gameplay.

Something seems... off.

7. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 17:43 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 16:35:
While I won't touch anything with Dyack involved, I hope this succeeds as an example that you can successfully do single player games on KS. Just so tired of all of the MP only KSs.

Que? I've backed over a dozen KS games that are most certainly not MP only. That includes several of the big, multi-million-dollar ones. Torment, Eternity, and I believe Wasteland 2, are all single-player only, in fact.

6. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 17:03 nin

Reading their comments, I think the backers of this project are more delusional than the civitas folks...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 16:51 Redmask

I hope this fails, Eternal Darkness was an interesting experiment but most of the sentiment these days is nostalgia borne confusion. Go back and try to play it, that game has not aged well at all and most of its concepts have been superseded or improved by modern games. People better be careful what they wish for in backing something like this, it is really easy to ruin old memories with remakes that don't have modern design concessions made.  

4. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 16:35 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 14:45:
Dyack is still involved and their campaign still seems sketchy given the "extra additional funding" they magically procured after the last Kickstarter failed. Then they have their fake Kickstarter on their own website which was all sorts of shady and implied they could just pocket the money. Their episodic plan was really iffy too, not sure if thats changed or whatever. The loremaster/pedo arrest stuff really blemished this too. This whole circus has been amusing but I will let other people fund this and watch from a cautious distance

They canceled their internal fundraising and returned the money when they canceled the last KS. I heard this confirmed by at least one person on the GWJ podcast. Now they're only KS.

While I won't touch anything with Dyack involved, I hope this succeeds as an example that you can successfully do single player games on KS. Just so tired of all of the MP only KSs.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 16:17 nin

Cutter wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 15:25:
No Pedo Bear tier? That's surprising.

Hey! That's my line!

I should point out that last time they only raised 128K of the needed 1.35 million. Even though they've lowered their goal to a little over half of that this time (750K), I still don't see it happening.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 15:25 Cutter

No Pedo Bear tier? That's surprising.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Shadows of the Eternals Kickstarter Returns Jul 25, 2013, 14:45 Verno

Dyack is still involved and their campaign still seems sketchy given the "extra additional funding" they magically procured after the last Kickstarter failed. Then they have their fake Kickstarter on their own website which was all sorts of shady and implied they could just pocket the money. Their episodic plan was really iffy too, not sure if thats changed or whatever. The loremaster/pedo arrest stuff really blemished this too. This whole circus has been amusing but I will let other people fund this and watch from a cautious distance

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2013, 14:55.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo