Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details

EA sends along details on the updated version of their Battlelog service that will accompany Battlefield 4 when DICE's military shooter sequel launches this October. They illustrate this with some screenshots of the new interface, including the mobile version, and also offer a video where the developers show off what to expect (is it just me, or is Oskar Gabrielson practically a dead ringer for Cliff Bleszinski?). Here's a list of Battlelog advanced features:

• Anytime, Anywhere – No matter where players go, Battlefield is always at their fingertips. Whether they’re heading home on the bus, taking a lunch break at work or lounging on the couch, players can log into Battlelog and check out their stats, interact with friends and much more from their smartphone, tablet, browser or directly through their console.
  • Battlescreen – Battlelog is now more seamless, offering a coherent second-screen experience to give players the chance to better enhance their game. Whether it’s highlighting attack points on the mini map, keeping track of squad members or playing as the team’s Commander, every move made in Battlelog reflects directly back to the game in real-time.
  • Real-Time Load Outs – Gamers can now switch their weapons, change their load outs and check their progression at any time, all with real-time results in-game. Players can also select servers or even launch a match from their devices, making the transition between game sessions easier.
  • Missions – Want to find out who is the best tank destroyer is or who can capture the most bases? A brand-new feature called Missions will allow players to custom create challenges for their friends to compete. Battlelog will also notify players when they have been kicked out of the number one spot so they won’t miss a beat to boot back up and fight for the title.
  • Geo Leaderboards – Battlelog is introducing targeted, geo-localized leaderboards that will allow players to not only compete with everyone in the Battlefield community, but with people in their city, in their country or on their continent. This is a great way for gamers to rank up while making new friends, or even adversaries, on the battlefield.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 26, 2013, 00:32 ViRGE

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 21:15:
These guys seem like they are outsmarting themselves a little.

What I'd really like from BF4 is the ability to setup my second MONITOR... on my PC... to be a large map with player data on it and/or a loadout screen, etc.

I don't own a tablet, and I'm not going to be using my cell phone for any game.
Here here! Half of this stuff shouldn't even require a second screen (changing loadouts while you're dead and server browsing), and the rest of it can be done on a second monitor on a PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 22:22 Redmask

DangerDog wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 17:53:
Then you're probably already using mumble, vent or TS. or should be.

Pretty much every game has VoIP these days, its an expected feature whether you use Ventrilo or not. The consoles have total platform VoIP, I think EA can manage to do it in client in their premier multiplayer game.

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 21:28 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 21:15:

What I'd really like from BF4 is the ability to setup my second MONITOR... on my PC... to be a large map with player data on it and/or a loadout screen, etc.

console gamers, plus I think this is a huge thing on xbox one with "project glass" or whatever.

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 20:04 Rea1One

Hmm It's worked every time I've joined my favorite servers, personally I like this better then Gamespy or even using The All-Seeing Eye back in the day.  

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 19:36 Agent.X7

Battlelog sucks, but the BF series has ALWAYS had shit server browsers. At least back in the day Gamespy actually worked. Now we're stuck with the crap DICE thinks works.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 18:31 Flak

What kind of a loser plays a 'AAA' PC game from their overpriced, underperfoming tablet? It's going to be hillarious to play game with a commander using a tablet who's 10 times slower than someone using a mouse/keyboard as they scramble to 'swipe' their iPad with their fat fingers, players who find themselves being commanded by a 'tablet commander' will probably off themselves after they realize that their commander is a casual clown.

The new UI somehow looks worse than the original Battlelog one, which was bad. Still only 99 friends? Good thing DICE supports clans and large communities. No worries though, you'll be able to jerk off and call in airstrikes from your crappy iPad, just what everyone wanted.

Battlefield 4, another colossal step backwards for DICE.

WHO THE FUCK ASKED FOR THESE STUPID FEATURES?!

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 17:53 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 16:39:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 16:10:
I'm just not too keen on having 14 year old yell "FAGGOT" into my ear for some reason. VOIP was hardly used in BF3.

They implemented it in MOH:WF and it was nothing but an open mic train wreck, so many non english players it wasn't helpful in the slightest.

Useful if you have a regular group of friends you play with.

Then you're probably already using mumble, vent or TS. or should be.

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 16:54 Redmask

I'm just not too keen on having 14 year old yell "FAGGOT" into my ear for some reason. VOIP was hardly used in BF3.

Every single other MP game has this problem and manages to solve it with push to talk and muting tools. The alternative is Call of Battlefield continuing as is with horrible public play that you just stomp with friends once in awhile which isn't challenging or enjoyable.

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 16:45 theglaze

playing as the team’s Commander, every move made in Battlelog reflects directly back to the game in real-time

Finally, I can command an army while taking a shit

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 16:39 jdreyer

They implemented it in MOH:WF and it was nothing but an open mic train wreck, so many non english players it wasn't helpful in the slightest.

Useful if you have a regular group of friends you play with.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 16:10 DangerDog

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 16:00 deqer

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 11:35:
Still waiting to see the VoIP implementation though, hopefully its in-game and not in battlelog this time.
DICE probably thinking to themselves "should we even bother? since most people are going to use Vent or Mumble anyways."

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 15:26 DangerDog

Gee I can't wait for the first murder or rape to occur because the idiots at DICE thought the people who play Battlefield aren't one step away from being Jeffery Dahmer. Let's give people the ability to stalk other players and watch the hilarity ensue.

edit:

http://gyazo.com/f0070f34202e5d024d7210368ec221ac.png

It's opt in apparently, and they thoughtfully allow you to troll your real location.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2013, 15:32.

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 14:45 jacobvandy

MrRadicalEd wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 14:08:
woah woah woah...

so I can change loadouts on my phone..... while I'm dead.... but.. I can just do it in game... while I'm dead? mmmm I don't think I'm within the intended market audience for this one.

If I'm reading it correctly, you can change your loadout on your phone even while you're alive. It won't change until you respawn probably, but still. And hopefully you can change servers on your phone while you're still in another one, which would be a much better feature.

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 14:21 jdreyer

Jackplug wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 12:07:
Why would I wanna bother with that shit, I want to build maps or create mods. We cant on that piece of shit, so ppl will be playin the same old shit style as BF3 which was boring as hell...

This. Which is why I'm going with Arma 3 instead, even though I prefer the BF gameplay.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 14:08 MrRadicalEd

woah woah woah...

so I can change loadouts on my phone..... while I'm dead.... but.. I can just do it in game... while I'm dead? mmmm I don't think I'm within the intended market audience for this one.

7. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 13:08 Krizzen

Shut up and take my money, my personal information, and totally bastardize my (once) favorite franchise! Seriously can't wait to have my artificially enhanced BF4 e-peen readily available on the go! My friends really surely gawk in awe at all the dog tags I've racked up by purchasing the latest DLC!  

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 12:53 Techie714 ©

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 11:35:
Those actually sound like cool meta-game features. Still waiting to see the VoIP implementation though, hopefully its in-game and not in battlelog this time.

Ditto!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 12:43 MattyC

I wasn't a fan of the whole battlelog thing. I felt like the last frame of this every time I had to use it.

I guess this is neat for people who will use it though, it is somewhat novel. I would prefer they include a map editor instead.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo