Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled

The Kickstarter for MotorGun - Return of the Auto Duel is now cancelled as Pixelbionic reconsiders the plan for their car combat game. The campaign was launched under two weeks ago with the promising news that the project would include contributions from Twisted Metal designer David Jaffe and Interstate '76 designer Zack Norman, but after colleting under 10% of their $650K goal, they are going back to the drawing board. "In this case, what we were pitching wasn’t exactly what you guys wanted, their latest update reads. "So, as a result we’re making the tough decision to not drag it out, and we’re going to cancel the campaign and start working to reformulate it." They will be working on refining their pitch over the next few weeks and encourage those interested in this project to participate in discussions of their plans on the Pixelbionic website. Thanks Strategy Informer.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 26, 2013, 13:14 John

Trevellian wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 14:29:
Something tells me you are referring to Frappe Rally. I was in a I'76 gang named Frappe, where everyone drove the Rattler (Shelby Cobra). One of the tests to get in was to race gang members around the track. Definitely one of the more skilled groups in the game, using a lighter car with minimal weapon racks to dominate.
That map sounds familiar but I was in a gang called VSF and one of the members made the map I'm thinking of. It was a wild track with bumps and jumps and it really beat up your car.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 14:29 Trevellian

John wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 12:35:
Yeah, I suggested they work on a good SP campaign like I'76 had then add some maps for MP and release tools to allow players to create their own maps. One of my favorite maps from I'76 was a race track that a fellow clan member made. It was crazy difficult to complete but I had a lot of fun trying.

Something tells me you are referring to Frappe Rally. I was in a I'76 gang named Frappe, where everyone drove the Rattler (Shelby Cobra). One of the tests to get in was to race gang members around the track. Definitely one of the more skilled groups in the game, using a lighter car with minimal weapon racks to dominate.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

6. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 14:28 jdreyer

I'd like to solve the puzzle: S-i-n-g-l-e P-l-a-y-e-r C-a-m-p-a-i-g-n

#singleplayercampaign

"You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been a Single Player Campaign..."

And the answer is, Single Player Campaign!

And remember, never get out of the car.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 12:40 John

Tumbler wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 12:33:
I think they launched way too early. I don't remember seeing anything but concept art. Some of it looked good but if you want to get something like that funded you have to show something that makes your vision of the game clear. Gameplay in most cases. Some kickstarters have been successful just talking about ideas but I don't think this idea is good enough to stand on that.
Companies like Obsidian and inXile can get away with just concept art and an idea, but these guys definitely need to show more and have something more people want like SP.

Also it would help if they ask for less money and then add more through stretch goals because a lot of people are more likely to back a project that appears to be doing well than one that's not going anywhere.

4. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 12:35 John

Yeah, I suggested they work on a good SP campaign like I'76 had then add some maps for MP and release tools to allow players to create their own maps. One of my favorite maps from I'76 was a race track that a fellow clan member made. It was crazy difficult to complete but I had a lot of fun trying.  

3. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 12:33 Tumbler

I think they launched way too early. I don't remember seeing anything but concept art. Some of it looked good but if you want to get something like that funded you have to show something that makes your vision of the game clear. Gameplay in most cases. Some kickstarters have been successful just talking about ideas but I don't think this idea is good enough to stand on that.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 10:30 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 09:55:
"In this case, what we were pitching wasn’t exactly what you guys wanted

At least they realized that. Hopefully the retooling includes a robust SP campaign (with the understand it will also cost more).

Exactly, no one wants multiplayer ONLY games anymore. Especially multiplayer games that are throwbacks to games that featured phenomenal single player gameplay/campaigns/mechanics.

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 09:55 nin

"In this case, what we were pitching wasn’t exactly what you guys wanted

At least they realized that. Hopefully the retooling includes a robust SP campaign (with the understand it will also cost more).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo