Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Steam Preorders

Steam News announces that Steam is now accepting preorders for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, saying it's due "this summer" (last we saw the stealth/action sequel is expected for release on August 20th in North America). As incentives, they will include the Upper Echelon Pack DLC for free with all pre-purchases, and those who pre-purchase the Deluxe Edition will get a copy of Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition to play in the meantime. Here's word on the game:

The United States has a military presence in two-thirds of countries around the world, and some of them have had enough. A group of terrorists calling themselves The Engineers have had enough and initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist - a deadly countdown of escalating attacks on U.S. interests. Sam is back in his tactical suit and goggles, and hes more lethal and agile than ever. Granted the freedom to do whatever it takes to stop the Blacklist, Sam flies from exotic locales to U.S. cities as he races against the clock to find out whos behind this devastating threat.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Steam Preorders Jul 28, 2013, 06:12 Quinn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1y-D-AyVJk

Great show off!

What I like about the game is that this is one of the few games that PROPERLY REWARDS YOU for actually leaving hostiles undisturbed. In most stealth oriented games it's either you go full-out ghost or you don't -- it's simply more practical that way, xp wise.

Mark my words: This Splinter Cell will be good. Maybe not Chaos Theory good, but definitely a good balance between Chaos Theory and Conviction.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Steam Preorders Jul 26, 2013, 01:15 Jerykk

From what I played at E3, Blacklist is much stealth-oriented than Conviction. I was able to play through the demo level without neutralizing anyone. If anything, it was too easy to ghost through, as I never had to distract anyone. There were always obvious paths around enemies. I'm hoping the full game presents more challenging level designs for ghost players.  

3. Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Steam Preorders Jul 25, 2013, 16:29 CrimsonPaw

For some reason I have an extreme weakness for Splinter Cell games. I'll wait for a $40 price tag which will take about 2 weeks since it's Ubisoft.  
~~Crim~~

2. Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Steam Preorders Jul 25, 2013, 12:59 Techie714

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 10:21:
Conviction didn't really grab me so I'm definitely going to wait for reviews on this one. Sure you could play the game in a stealth manner but it was clearly designed around confrontation.

Ditto! Totally agree

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Steam Preorders Jul 25, 2013, 10:21 Verno

Conviction didn't really grab me so I'm definitely going to wait for reviews on this one. Sure you could play the game in a stealth manner but it was clearly designed around confrontation.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo