Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

When I earmarked today for a good window of opportunity to put a pork shoulder in the smoker, there was one aspect of this I hadn't really considered, which is what to do with the pounds of pulled pork this would hopefully produce. Thus I have put this plan on hold until it will more properly coincide with having enough company on hand to help consume it all. I guess the trick there will be to keep the number of a pizzeria handy in case it turns out disastrously.

Shouldered Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Light Quest.
Jewels Hero.
Science: Clean, green high performance biofuels from carbon dioxide.
Citizen scientist detects Britain's first 'lightning into space'.
Playing LEGO on an atomic scale.
Media: Weightless Cats. Thanks brother19.
Cat Sees Owner After 6 Month Leave.
Everything Wrong With X2: X-Men United In 4 Minutes Or Less.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2013, 15:21 Verno

Forgot to mention, if you're worried about defrosting it quickly for future use then just shred everything and put it into individual freezer bags so it can be portioned out a bit easier. Shredded pork shoulder is good for dozens of dishes and stews off the top of my head and it tastes great even after being frozen/reheated.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2013, 15:09 Tim1_2

Yeah, you don't need company to eat it for you, just freeze the leftovers!  
Currently playing: DayZ

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2013, 10:27 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 10:24:
It freezes and keeps extremely well if you have space. It's usually quite tasty reheated too. I usually thaw out some to make stews and to throw in with whole wheat tortilla salsa wraps.

mmmm, wife made yesterday: Enchiladas, homemade french toast, banana choc chip pancackes, a rice dish, shepherd's pie. Been working so much (12 of 13 days) that I haven't had time to cook. Guess we have food now!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2013, 10:24 Verno

It freezes and keeps extremely well if you have space. It's usually quite tasty reheated too. I usually thaw out some to make stews and to throw in with whole wheat tortilla salsa wraps.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo