Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 25, 2013, 14:40 Kitkoan

Pigeon wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 09:34:

I'd be curious to see how they stack up against other similarly priced headphones. At $300 they're in the same category as a lot of the big name audio mid-lines. If they're anything like Monster cables they're no different than products 1/10th their price

If I recall, they match up with the audio and build quality of headphones in the $150 range. At $300, you can easily buy better but like more and more people today, all the care about is the price and assume that the higher the price must equal that much more better of a device.

You do get what you pay for... to a point. But there is also the point of paying for a label and thats all.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 25, 2013, 10:40 xXBatmanXx

Beats exec: new Studio headphones show 'we're serious about sound'. Just occurred to them after selling a billion pairs.

Overpriced garbage riding the coat-tails of a well known rapper. 90% of those sales would not have happened if they didn't attach Dre....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 25, 2013, 09:34 Pigeon

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 04:37:
Necrophob wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 21:23:
Those Beats headphones are such a rip-off. Designed by Monster, the company known for selling way overpriced stereo cables. I watch people walking around with those things on, and then watch a movie like National Lampoon's Vacation and laugh. The headphones the kids wear in that movie were SMALLER than the Beats headphones. We're going forward, in reverse.

Actually their priceless, how else are you going to spot the douches with ease?

I'd be curious to see how they stack up against other similarly priced headphones. At $300 they're in the same category as a lot of the big name audio mid-lines. If they're anything like Monster cables they're no different than products 1/10th their price

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 25, 2013, 04:37 dj LiTh

Necrophob wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 21:23:
Those Beats headphones are such a rip-off. Designed by Monster, the company known for selling way overpriced stereo cables. I watch people walking around with those things on, and then watch a movie like National Lampoon's Vacation and laugh. The headphones the kids wear in that movie were SMALLER than the Beats headphones. We're going forward, in reverse.

Actually their priceless, how else are you going to spot the douches with ease?

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 24, 2013, 23:29 dubfanatic

Redmask wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 23:00:
I can't muster any sympathy for Monster who made a fortune selling overpriced cables to morons for years.

Not only that but their overzealous trademark "protection". Because, you know, I'm totally confusing a mini-golf course with a cable manufacturer all the time.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 24, 2013, 23:00 Redmask

I can't muster any sympathy for Monster who made a fortune selling overpriced cables to morons for years.  

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 24, 2013, 21:33 jdreyer

Not sure if this story was posted on Blues a while back, but it's the story of how Monster got screwed by Dre. Tragic but fascinating read.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 24, 2013, 21:23 Necrophob

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo