Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: etc., etc. Jul 28, 2013, 21:37 Ant

Raptor wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 03:05:
YAH!
I loved the first NOLF to bits, the second one didn't feel that impressive at first, but looking at it now there's really nothing made since then to beat it.

Surely almost everyone with a brain who has ever played those games wants a 3rd one, no?
I liked NOLF2 even though it wasn't good as the original game. Contract JACK sucked badly!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: etc., etc. Jul 26, 2013, 03:05 Raptor

YAH!
I loved the first NOLF to bits, the second one didn't feel that impressive at first, but looking at it now there's really nothing made since then to beat it.

Surely almost everyone with a brain who has ever played those games wants a 3rd one, no?

3. Re: etc., etc. Jul 25, 2013, 19:29 The_Pink_Tiger

Futhermore:

Anyway, I can safely say that there didnít seem to be any interest in resurrecting the franchise when I was still at Monolith/WB as of last year

really should be "there didn't seem to be any interest in resurrecting the franchise" /by the suits/" because there's a hell of a lot of interest in the franchise by the players.

2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 25, 2013, 03:37 Raptor

I love how this question/answer describes todays industry so well:
JHS: Do you think a game that focuses more on stealth and less on shooting, with a female protagonist, would still be made today?

Maybe as an indie game. The tricky part is that doing it today would probably cost too much for a small, independent studio because the quality bar for shooters is so high. Meanwhile, a larger company would probably balk at risking even a modest shooter-sized budget on a concept like NOLF. And rightfully so. The premise isnít a slam dunk from a marketability perspective.

And this is why we don't have interesting games anymore! Games cost so much that you have to play it super safe or go indie.

1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 24, 2013, 22:01 Cutter

NOLF almost didn't live?!?! But it did so it doesn't really matter does it?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo