Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Saints Row IV

The Saints Row Facebook page has news that Saints Row IV is gold, and on track for release on August 20th in North America and August 23rd in other regions (thanks nin). The post also offers more on the Enter the Dominatrix "Director's Cut" DLC, a second DLC pack to follow later this year, and word on a season's pass to buy both packs in advance:

Saints Row IV has gone GOLD!

Now that the game has been finished, Volition will be working on additional mission packs that didn't fit the main game. The first of these is a "Director's Cut" of "Enter the Dominatrix" which will be released some time after release (when it's done!).

This will be a tongue-in-cheek vision of what this content was originally going to be like, before parts of the next Saints Row (which started development before Saints Row: The Third was released) and elements of the original Enter The Dominatrix DLC were merged to form the glorious beast that is Saints Row IV.

A second mission pack will be released late 2013.

Both of these mission packs are collected at a discount in a "Season Pass" for $9.99 / 9.99 euro / 7.99, available from launch onwards. The price of all combined Season Pass content, if purchased separately, will be over $15 / 15 euro / 12.

The Season Pass will also give you the Rectifier weapon as a bonus: an alien anal probe weapon that lets you launch enemies and NPCs across the horizon! It's the only way the Zin will learn to leave Earth alone.

Saints Row IV will be released on August 20 in North America, August 23 elsewhere, on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 25, 2013, 23:48 eRe4s3r

There was so much to do in SR2 that I agree here, a simple do-over of a openworld game can lead to MUCH better results than to recreate it from scratch. (Skyrim!)

But SR3 was not bad either. One of the few games I played to 100% completion (Found everything, did everything)

Anyhow, I won't buy it Day 1... but sales.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 25, 2013, 14:30 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 10:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 10:32:
Beamer wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 10:04:
The whole "just a reskin" argument really makes zero sense in this series.

Sure it does, they are still in Steelport. I imagine the world will be identical. New models, new textures, new storyline. I don't think much will change. I won't be buying it.

But that was Saints Row 2. It had the exact same map as SR1, only with a skyscraper added. It had the same vehicles and same weapons. It had most of the same characters. It had the same engine, just with some new rendering capabilities. It had the same activities.

In other words, it was identical. But it was significantly better. Since they didn't have to spend as much time building a new world, they did a much better job populating that world.

Did you play SR2? I can't imagine that anyone that played it, and remembers it, would make the complaint you're making. It was the best of the 3 games, and it was a "reskin."

I have all games, on multiple systems, but the technological diff between SR1 and SR2 is HUGE! There is no tech diff between sr3 and sr4.

It is a money grab by a failed company. Just wait and see.....the story will be super short, the voice will be shit, and it will generally be a crap game. I won't be buying 4. Total money grab.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

31. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 25, 2013, 10:40 Beamer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 10:32:

Sure it does, they are still in Steelport. I imagine the world will be identical. New models, new textures, new storyline. I don't think much will change. I won't be buying it.

But that was Saints Row 2. It had the exact same map as SR1, only with a skyscraper added. It had the same vehicles and same weapons. It had most of the same characters. It had the same engine, just with some new rendering capabilities. It had the same activities.

In other words, it was identical. But it was significantly better. Since they didn't have to spend as much time building a new world, they did a much better job populating that world.

Did you play SR2? I can't imagine that anyone that played it, and remembers it, would make the complaint you're making. It was the best of the 3 games, and it was a "reskin."

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

30. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 25, 2013, 10:32 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

29. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 25, 2013, 10:04 Beamer

-------------

28. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 25, 2013, 09:12 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 00:22:
No need to project your homoerotic fantasies on me, pal, I was just relaying the information they've shared about the game and its development. Information that it seemed you were lacking, based on your stated viewpoint on the matter. I can lead a jackass to water, but I can't help it if he uses it as a toilet rather than a drinking fountain...

I think his point is that they have now pulled this excuse twice and it's getting pretty silly to continue accepting it at face value. He didn't need to be educated on what they said, maybe you just need to be more discerning about the information given to you instead of just blindly accepting it. To say hes having a "paranoid delusion" is just nonsense. It's a videogame discussion board BTW, of course people are going to talk about what is or isn't going into the game before, during and after release. You don't seem to have a problem doing so when its a game you dislike

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2013, 08:21 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 21:53:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 17:44:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:57:
Also, so refreshing that 90% of the game videos show the DLC as being in the main game......in fact, lots of the videos don't even show ANYTHING outside of the Matrix stuff....

That's because it's not DLC, most of the main game IS the "Matrix stuff"... From the Wiki:

Five years after the events of the "Save Shaundi" ending in Saints Row: The Third, the leader of the Third Street Saints is elected President of the United States. It's not long before an alien invasion occurs and the Protagonist and the Saints are kidnapped by aliens known as the Zin and their leader Zinyak, The Player is transported to a virtual version of Steelport where The Player can use super powers to fight against the Zin empire.

The core idea of Enter the Dominatrix became the basis of SR4, but combined with everything else they wanted to put into the sequel, there wasn't enough room (or time, I guess) to include everything they were going to do with that standalone expansion to SR3. So, that leftover stuff will be released as DLC for the new game. A little confusing, perhaps, but hopefully clears up your major misconception.

You are forgetting the fact that Enter the Dominatrix is now DLC, and it isn't a major misconception - what was once DLC, is now a game, and now DLC that was in the game, is now money paid for DLC. The game is full price (for an SR game) and is just a reskin. I am not confused at all, I know when I am being fucked in the ass, maybe you are so used to it, that you don't even know anymore?

Dude, why so cranky?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

26. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 25, 2013, 00:22 jacobvandy

No need to project your homoerotic fantasies on me, pal, I was just relaying the information they've shared about the game and its development. Information that it seemed you were lacking, based on your stated viewpoint on the matter. I can lead a jackass to water, but I can't help it if he uses it as a toilet rather than a drinking fountain...

The only fact you have is that they're still going to use the name "Enter the Dominatrix" for a DLC. Everything else is wild speculation on your part. Paranoid delusion, even. I don't see any need to get all upset over what a game's content does or does not consist of before it's even released. If you're so worried about it being a worthless "reskin," as if all they've done is updated player rosters and some environment textures, then don't buy it sight-unseen. Or does common sense not compute, either?

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2013, 00:30.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 22:10 SlimRam

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 21:53:
Also, so refreshing that 90% of the game videos show the DLC as being in the main game......in fact, lots of the videos don't even show ANYTHING outside of the Matrix stuff....

That's because it's not DLC, most of the main game IS the "Matrix stuff"... From the Wiki:

Five years after the events of the "Save Shaundi" ending in Saints Row: The Third, the leader of the Third Street Saints is elected President of the United States. It's not long before an alien invasion occurs and the Protagonist and the Saints are kidnapped by aliens known as the Zin and their leader Zinyak, The Player is transported to a virtual version of Steelport where The Player can use super powers to fight against the Zin empire.

The core idea of Enter the Dominatrix became the basis of SR4, but combined with everything else they wanted to put into the sequel, there wasn't enough room (or time, I guess) to include everything they were going to do with that standalone expansion to SR3. So, that leftover stuff will be released as DLC for the new game. A little confusing, perhaps, but hopefully clears up your major misconception.

You are forgetting the fact that Enter the Dominatrix is now DLC, and it isn't a major misconception - what was once DLC, is now a game, and now DLC that was in the game, is now money paid for DLC. The game is full price (for an SR game) and is just a reskin. I am not confused at all, I know when I am being fucked in the ass, maybe you are so used to it, that you don't even know anymore?

In my best Cleveland voice,
And Boom goes the Dynamite

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 21:53 xXBatmanXx

23. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 24, 2013, 21:49 NegaDeath

Sho wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 19:52:
OK, every thread about this game on Blue's is eerily positive. I'll bite. I haven't played any of them, dismissing them as yet another GTA knock-off. My history with GTA itself is mixed: I had loads of fun with the original top-down one, but while I enjoy dabbling in the 3D ones for a few hours every time, the annoying minigames and bad shooter mechanics etc. always turn me off pretty quickly. Why should I care about Saints Row? What's so good about these? Please, someone kindly sum it up.

I also don't care too much about the GTA series (though the recent trailer for V was spiffy). SR3 was my first of the series and I love it. SR3 is to GTA like Blood Dragon is to FC3, take the base gameplay and wrap it in off the wall humor, less focus on realism, and toss in overpowered abilities for seasoning.

Also it has Burt F'ing Reynolds. Playing himself. Fuckin A.

22. Re: Skeptic Jul 24, 2013, 21:30 Beamer

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 20:34:
Seems like Saints Row 3 just came out, plus they rushed rushed rushed this game in order to come out before GTAV, even after having financial difficulty nontheless. I am skeptical about this one.

This was being rushed long before GTA5. It was being rushed because THQ was desperate.

That doesn't mean it'll be bad. Everyone complains about how it recycles but SR2 recycled almost everything from SR1 and I'd still call it the best in the series.

-------------

21. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 24, 2013, 21:24 SlimRam

OK, every thread about this game on Blue's is eerily positive. I'll bite. I haven't played any of them, dismissing them as yet another GTA knock-off. My history with GTA itself is mixed: I had loads of fun with the original top-down one, but while I enjoy dabbling in the 3D ones for a few hours every time, the annoying minigames and bad shooter mechanics etc. always turn me off pretty quickly. Why should I care about Saints Row? What's so good about these? Please, someone kindly sum it up.

Huge. Purple. Melee. Dildo.

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

20. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 24, 2013, 20:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Screw waiting! If you don't have SR3, you should buy it now!

The reason we have to wait a month is because retailers won't let publishers release digital versions early.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

19. Skeptic Jul 24, 2013, 20:34 JohnBirshire

Seems like Saints Row 3 just came out, plus they rushed rushed rushed this game in order to come out before GTAV, even after having financial difficulty nontheless. I am skeptical about this one.  

18. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 24, 2013, 20:14 eRe4s3r

Juvenile humor mixed with, make your own character, mixed with insane story, mixed with blowing EVERYTHING out of proportion (and up), mixed with VTOL jets that shoot lasers... and more insanity. Basically, Saints Row 3 does not take itself serious. Thankfully.

But if you didn't get it during this steam sale you should wait..

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 20:07 Orogogus

Rigs wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 18:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:27:
Rigs wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:09:
Wait, wait, wait.

It's going gold on July 24th and not going to be released until nearly a month later? WTF?!?

=-Rigs-=

Pressing disks and shipping them off to retailers doesn't happen overnight.

Yeah but it don't take a frakin' month either...

=-Rigs-=

Plugging "Gone Gold" into the site search engine, it seems like it often does take a month. Omerta, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Deus Ex HR all took about a month. Bioshock Infinite took 5 weeks.

And sometimes it doesn't. Mass Effect 3 apparently took about a week, but it seems to be an outlier.

16. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 24, 2013, 19:52 Sho

15. Re: Gone Gold - Saints Row IV Jul 24, 2013, 19:41 jacobvandy

They also still have to get the thumbs-up from Microsoft/Sony QA, don't they? Which is a whole boondoggle in and of itself. Unless they do that before it's "gold," I'm not sure.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2013, 18:59 Rigs

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:27:
Rigs wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 16:09:
Wait, wait, wait.

It's going gold on July 24th and not going to be released until nearly a month later? WTF?!?

=-Rigs-=

Pressing disks and shipping them off to retailers doesn't happen overnight.

Yeah but it don't take a frakin' month either...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo