Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

One Of Swords - Stop threatening game developers.
Yet Vahn often gets told he should die in a fire or kill himself or is a horrible person. If anybody thinks for a second that this is okay, it is not. But if the loudest voices in the Call of Duty “community” act like an angry mob instead, guess how the entire world views Call of Duty? Now consider that these Internet Tough Guy rants and demands are not unique to COD, but exist everywhere, in many gaming communities. This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny assholes. Because the immature, whiny assholes are louder.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2013, 03:40 InBlack

Hell, if they can lick their own balls, they might as well lick mine...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 23:07 Redmask

Some people can't seem to see through their own reality distortion field however. It's the difference in actually being right and merely thinking one is.

The reality is that people saved by something licking their wound are vastly outnumbered by those killed from animal related bacterial infections. Ask any veterinarian or doctor what they think of your theory based on a few newspaper articles, they will deter you from thinking this is a valid thing to do in an emergency.

14. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 23:01 Spektr

So is this why gamers are considered immature at large? Funny but I seriously doubt that the world at large gives a f or simply put, is aware of what discussions and controversies are going on in the gaming community.  

13. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 18:48 Cutter

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 15:59:
Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 15:37:
Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 09:48:
NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 09:24:
Confucius say, "If you don't want to be called a faggot and told to die in a fire, don't work on a game designed for 15 year old proto-neckbeards."

I'm fairly certain Cutter tells devs to die in a fire in virtually every thread.

No, just certain assholes that believe they know it all when they're virtually always wrong.

You mean the guy that swears he's always right then tells people to let dogs lick their wounds?

You mean the guy who said when there's no alternative that it's better than nothing, yeah. Try looking up some people who have been saved because of it sometime. Some people can't seem to see through their own reality distortion field however. It's the difference in actually being right and merely thinking one is.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

12. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 18:47 Burrito of Peace

COD players can go EABOD and then DIAF.

NTTAWWT.

11. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 18:37 Julio

I think it says more about COD players than gamers in general.  

10. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 16:58 KS

To be sure, games are "polished" after release largely by listening to people who whine about some other guy's power, and "balancing" occurs, i.e. a nerf. This does nothing but outrage a much larger number of players than it satisfies.

Some companies even data mine why some classes are popular and others not and nerf rather than boost weak powers.

Nerfing for this reason should be limited only to the most hoplessly overpowered things, with preference in the fix going to boosting other powers or classes, as the game may have.

9. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 15:59 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 15:37:
Confucius say, "If you don't want to be called a faggot and told to die in a fire, don't work on a game designed for 15 year old proto-neckbeards."

I'm fairly certain Cutter tells devs to die in a fire in virtually every thread.

No, just certain assholes that believe they know it all when they're virtually always wrong.

You mean the guy that swears he's always right then tells people to let dogs lick their wounds?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 15:38 RollinThundr

To be fair half the posters on this site think they're god's gift to the industry, yourself included.

7. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 15:37 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 13:16 PropheT

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 11:02:
No Mr One of Swords, they exist everywhere, in many communities, in nearly all hobbies, across all realms of society. And that's when that whole editorial goes off track. Some humans are giant assholes on the internet. News at 11.

I was thinking the same thing. Read the a few comments sections on CNN articles and gaming forums start to look fairly tame.

That said, I don't think he's necessarily wrong, either. It does suck.

5. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 11:02 eRe4s3r

Threats of violence.. on the internet... how scary... lmao

The article has some points, but it goes off into weird land when it says
Now consider that these Internet Tough Guy rants and demands are not unique to COD, but exist everywhere, in many gaming communities

No Mr One of Swords, they exist everywhere, in many communities, in nearly all hobbies, across all realms of society. And that's when that whole editorial goes off track. Some humans are giant assholes on the internet. News at 11.

4. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 09:48 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 09:43 Verno

I'm normally not a big PA fan (we need a new office blender, kickstarter!!) but some of their old work is spot on for this.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

2. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 09:28 InBlack

One other thing to take note of. This is TEH INTERNETZ we are talking about here. Being told to go die in a fire on the internet is akin to being told to go and sit in the corner in RL. Someone's got their panties in a rather tight bunch...

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 09:24 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo