Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin

Enhanced Steam offers browser plugins for Chrome and Firefox to add some helpful functionality when visiting the Steam website (thanks and fiftykyu). This page lists the following features it adds to the experience:

• Highlights the games and downloadable content you already own
  • Highlights games on your wishlist
  • Points out 3rd party DRM on games
  • Adds DLC categories to the product page
  • Finds out how much you really save on a bundle
  • See pricing history for each game
  • See how much you've spent on your Steam account
  • Fixes the "No Image Available" images on your wishlist
  • Displays Metacritic user scores
  • Gives you widescreen support information from WSGF
  • Adds an "Add to Cart" button on your wishlist items
  • Adds an "Empty Cart" button to checkout
  • Enhances the Steam Community pages
  • User-controlled options page lets you decide which features to enable
  • Replaces the Steam Greenlight banner.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 23, 2013, 00:59 Dev

Asmo wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 17:53:
I dunno, some of those estimate sights aren't recording time against games when I know that I've played em (Fallout 3 on mine says never played but I know that I put upwards of 100 hours in to it).
Valve didn't add time tracking for years after they released steam. I probably have 1000+ hours in TF2 (and another 1000+ in TFC), but it only says I have 85.
Even the internal time tracking stats differentiated per class in TF2 is more accurate than the steam time tracking.
Krovven wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 12:57:
Dev wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 09:29:
Steam isn't that great about removing items from it as you buy them.

It doesn't remove them if you are manually entering keys purchased from another site. Seems to only work if you are purchasing directly from within the Steam Client.
Or if you buy a gold/goty version when you wishlisted the normal version, even though steam converted all normal versions into gold versions.
There's other cases too. And most of the already owned items I had on my list were purchased INSIDE of steam. So much so that I had over 10% of my wishlist (over 30 items) as already purchased. This plugin had no problem determining that, apparently steam did.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2013, 01:06.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 22:35 John

How do you run the plugin once it's installed? I have Chrome and can't figure out how to run it! I don't have any icon for it like I do with other plugins..

Edit: Never mind, I see it automatically adds some things to the Steam website. When I first looked I didn't notice anything different but now I see some new things.

This space is available for rent

21. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 18:04 TychoCelchuuu

Hey, this isn't just for Chrome and Firefox. It works for Opera too. I almost didn't bother checking out their website because you didn't list Opera, but I clicked it anyways and now I have a brand new plugin!  

20. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 17:53 Asmo

I dunno, some of those estimate sights aren't recording time against games when I know that I've played em (Fallout 3 on mine says never played but I know that I put upwards of 100 hours in to it).  

19. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 16:33 J

Prez wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 12:45:
"See how much you have spent on your Steam account"

Oh my frickin' god, NOOOO! Protest
Yeah, um, don't read the other thread. The truth is out there

18. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 16:03 jimnms

When I first read the title, I thought it was something that would allow plugins to the Steam browser. That would be nice as some sites loaded with flash ads will crash the Steam overlay.

I'll give this plugin a try though. I don't use the Steam client to browse Steam sites.

Steam Profile

17. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 12:59 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 09:41:
Someone posted that link about how much time you spend and how much money you spent? I was correct on the nuts. Steam says I have spent (for real) half of what that other program says I have spent.

Yea I noticed it wasn't accurate either, about a lot of things, making it kinda useless to me. It uses current prices instead of what you paid for the games from the Transaction History. But it wouldn't know what you paid for keys from other vendors...so not sure how they would deal with that.

16. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 12:57 Krovven

Dev wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 09:29:
Steam isn't that great about removing items from it as you buy them.

It doesn't remove them if you are manually entering keys purchased from another site. Seems to only work if you are purchasing directly from within the Steam Client.

15. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 12:45 Prez

"See how much you have spent on your Steam account"

Oh my frickin' god, NOOOO! Protest

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 12:41 NegaDeath

Great plugin. As much as I like Steam it has many areas that need improvement, they should integrate this stuff asap.  

13. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 12:04 walrus1

Anyone else having trouble logging in via the website after installing the login? I logged off and back on with the STEAM client and my log in worked perfectly but not on the site. OK, I think it might be the site because IE won't accept my log in information.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2013, 12:14.

12. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 11:32 Acleacius

Very useful!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 11:10 Verno

nin wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 11:05:
Pretty much why I'm not using it.

I use Firefox and opened up the XPI/Jar myself to have a look, there is nothing malicious there and you can control updates yourself.

Besides your credit card is insured and SteamGuard would likely prevent your account being used from another location without access to your email. I'm pretty conscious about security but there are much bigger fish to fry, this is very benign. If it was taking login/pass info and storing it that would be a different story.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

10. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 11:05 nin

avianflu wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 10:59:
Placing bets now when this plugin will cause a security breach.

I give it 3 months.

Pretty much why I'm not using it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 11:04 Longswd

Or....they could just add tabbed browsing to the Steam client. Hard to believe they still haven't done that. That lack renders the client nearly unusable to me when 'shopping'. Hell, I'd be happy if they even made the back button return to the same place on the previous page. Apparently that's too difficult or something.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

8. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 11:02 Verno

avianflu wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 10:59:

I give it 3 months.

It just reads publicly accessible info from your steam profile page, you do not give it a login or password. The plugin itself is just display markup and parsed info from your profile. It can't really do or influence anything. The only real security issue that could arise is the same as every other browser plugin.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

7. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 10:59 avianflu

I give it 3 months.

6. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 10:59 dj LiTh

Really great plugin!  

5. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 09:52 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 09:48:
Someone posted that link about how much time you spend and how much money you spent? I was correct on the nuts. Steam says I have spent (for real) half of what that other program says I have spent.

$2131.22
Total Spent:

Historical price is probably the best feature - saves me time going to steamprices.com
Also it wouldn't be able to count things like amazon and GMG, so it might be more like $2500 depending on how heavy you hit non steam sites.

Here's some of the account calculation sites:
mysteamgauge.com (I think this is my favorite so far)
http://steamometer.com/
http://www.steamcalculator.com/
http://wastedonsteam.com/

True, but my guess was closer than $4500! hahahahah

Steamometer is pretty close with their Sale column.

I like the cost per hours on wasted. I have a similar spreadsheet....

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2013, 10:11.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 09:48 Dev

$2131.22
Total Spent:

Historical price is probably the best feature - saves me time going to steamprices.com
Also it wouldn't be able to count things like amazon and GMG, so it might be more like $2500 depending on how heavy you hit non steam sites.

Here's some of the account calculation sites:
mysteamgauge.com (I think this is my favorite so far)
http://steamometer.com/
http://www.steamcalculator.com/
http://wastedonsteam.com/

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo