Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's the updated list of the ten bestselling games on Steam for the past week:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition
  2. Dishonored
  3. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition
  4. Torchlight II
  5. Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
  6. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World
  7. Borderlands 2
  8. Kerbal Space Program
  9. Tomb Raider
  10. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 22, 2013, 10:21 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 21:51:
Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 18:26:
fiftykyu wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 17:26:
Have you taken a look at the Chrome/Firefox addon "Enhanced Steam" from http://www.enhancedsteam.com/ ? It's a huge help for these situations.
Uhm, WOW. And thanks!
For that, you deserve something on your wishlist... lemme see whats here...

WAIT WAIT WAIT! Could it be that someone on blues doesn't have snuggle truck yet and actually has it on their wishlist??!? ZOMG! You must have that NAO!

Also, bats, you don't have it EITHER despite having it on your wishlist!?!?!? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!

Thank you?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 21:51 Dev

Have you taken a look at the Chrome/Firefox addon "Enhanced Steam" from http://www.enhancedsteam.com/ ? It's a huge help for these situations.
Uhm, WOW. And thanks!
For that, you deserve something on your wishlist... lemme see whats here...

WAIT WAIT WAIT! Could it be that someone on blues doesn't have snuggle truck yet and actually has it on their wishlist??!? ZOMG! You must have that NAO!

Also, bats, you don't have it EITHER despite having it on your wishlist!?!?!? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!

25. Re: My Steam Profile's Statistics Jul 21, 2013, 21:47 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 21:00:
Says I have spent something like 4200 bucks. Which I gurantee you it is about half that. I have a seperate email for my Steam account, so I have every email with every price, on top of that info being in your transaction history. I could easily export it.
It has a bookmarklet to total up your transaction history from the steam page:
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/receipt

I haven't tried it yet.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 21:08 nin

Fion wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 14:15:
Yes everyone vote Blood Dragon please, I haven't picked it up yet, just been waiting for a good sale.

My biggest deal so far has been Tomb Raider (2013). It's a hell of a good game. I also got some of the Borderlands 2 DLC I was missing. Over-all I've found this summer sale a bit of a let down, most days the sales are games I already own or have no interest in. There just doesn't seem to be the variety there has been in previous years, and I suspect it's because they only put games on sale that also had cards, which IMHO limited the potential games severely.

Blood Dragon is up.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: My Steam Profile's Statistics Jul 21, 2013, 21:00 xXBatmanXx

Ant wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 20:50:
mysteamgauge.com says: "Over the last 9 years, you've spent 11.3 hours playing this selection, which includes 23 items, is valued at $205.84, and requires 53.8 GB"

steamometer.com seems to be showing blank results. This was before and after enable my profile to be public.

Might take time to propagate.

The site is off anyway. Says I only played Portal for 3 hours. I played it for 6 hours straight the second it released....Steam doesn't do a very good job of tracking time. My XFire profile is more accurate for time played in games.

Says I have spent something like 4200 bucks. Which I gurantee you it is about half that. I have a seperate email for my Steam account, so I have every email with every price, on top of that info being in your transaction history. I could easily export it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

22. Re: My Steam Profile's Statistics Jul 21, 2013, 20:50 Ant

mysteamgauge.com says: "Over the last 9 years, you've spent 11.3 hours playing this selection, which includes 23 items, is valued at $205.84, and requires 53.8 GB"

steamometer.com seems to be showing blank results. This was before and after enable my profile to be public.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 20:16 Jivaro

My account: "Over the last 9 years, you've spent 3070.1 hours playing this selection, which includes 248 items, is valued at $2756.28, and requires 777.38 GB."

Prez is way too hardcore for me...I am not anywhere close.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 19:45 Dev

One great part is I can use this extension to help clean up my wishlist. Previously I didn't know which games I already owned, but I would remove one occasionally when I was sure. This highlights them in green.
Good ole valve doesn't always remove games from wishlist when you buy them. I had about 30 (over 10%) on my wishlist I already owned. I'm in the process right now of removing them.
J wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 19:36:
See how much you've spent on your Steam account
I suspect that feature may give some people a heart attack! If everybody donates we can get Prez a cybernetic heart that may be able to withstand the shock.
I've checked that before
I haven't seen it come up with this extension yet, but here's an example of some of the webpages:
http://steamometer.com/
"
Total Items 941
Estimated Value $9772.49
Hours Played 3195.0
Games Played 227
Games Unplayed 584
"

http://mysteamgauge.com/
"Over the last 9 years, you've spent 3195 hours playing this selection, which includes 941 items, is valued at $10550.95, and requires 2291.54 GB"

I'm not sure the hours is accurate, I'd guess more like 2k, but there's some of my stats.

I like how on the 2nd link it tells you how much hdd you need to install everything. Looks like if I get a 4tb hdd, I can install EVERY SINGLE STEAM GAME I OWN.

Edit:
Prez's account
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/
"Over the last 9 years, you've spent 4726.6 hours playing this selection, which includes 1034 items, is valued at $12199.13, and requires 3118.11 GB"

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2013, 20:33.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 19:36 J

I suspect that feature may give some people a heart attack! If everybody donates we can get Prez a cybernetic heart that may be able to withstand the shock.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 18:26 Dev

Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 15:37:
Another thing, I wish steam made it easier to tell if you own all DLC for a game or are missing some. Like with all that new BL2 dlc, it gets very tedious to have to add all DLC to cart to see which I already have, then remove one at a time (WTF is my remove all from cart button valve?). And then there's the DLC that doesn't say previously owned, until you go to buy it, then it says at the last step "oh yeah you already own this suckah".
What I'd like is a little note next to each DLC on the main game store page with the list that says "owned" or some such. Then I could immediately see which I'm missing and if its on sale.

Maybe valve will hire a GUI expert sometime who thinks its fun and interesting to work on the steam GUI, rather than wheeling his desk over to work on something like TF2 just for the huge bonuses that amount to more than their salary (I don't know specifically what games offer those bonuses, but given the amount of stuff that comes out of TF2 that would be my guess).

Uhm, WOW. And thanks!
The only downside is its only for the web browser, not steam itself. Although I've found myself more and more doing steam purchases store stuff inside the browser simply because of tabs.

Protip valve: implement all those things IMMEDIATELY into the steam browser!

http://www.enhancedsteam.com/features.php

Features
Highlights the games and downloadable content you already own
Highlights games on your wishlist
Points out 3rd party DRM on games
Adds DLC categories to the product page
Finds out how much you really save on a bundle
See pricing history for each game
Fixes the "No Image Available" images on your wishlist
Displays Metacritic user scores
Gives you widescreen support information from WSGF
Adds an "Add to Cart" button on your wishlist items
Adds an "Empty Cart" button to checkout
Enhances the Steam Community pages
User-controlled options page lets you decide which features to enable
Replaces the Steam Greenlight banner.
Now I doubt that valve would want to do pricing history, and I don't know what the greenlight banner thing means, but most of the rest of those should be easily implementable by valve.

I'm not terribly picky about 3rd party DRM as long as its not too nutso, but its great to more easily know which games I'm looking at have extra layered unneeded crap in them.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2013, 18:36.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 18:21 Ant

Just put all the games you want in your Steam wishlist and you can just browse that list to see which ones are on sale.
And who knows, maybe you might get a gift of that wanted game.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 17:26 fiftykyu

Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 15:37:
Another thing, I wish steam made it easier to tell if you own all DLC for a game or are missing some. Like with all that new BL2 dlc, it gets very tedious to have to add all DLC to cart to see which I already have, then remove one at a time (WTF is my remove all from cart button valve?). And then there's the DLC that doesn't say previously owned, until you go to buy it, then it says at the last step "oh yeah you already own this suckah".
What I'd like is a little note next to each DLC on the main game store page with the list that says "owned" or some such. Then I could immediately see which I'm missing and if its on sale.

Maybe valve will hire a GUI expert sometime who thinks its fun and interesting to work on the steam GUI, rather than wheeling his desk over to work on something like TF2 just for the huge bonuses that amount to more than their salary (I don't know specifically what games offer those bonuses, but given the amount of stuff that comes out of TF2 that would be my guess).

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 16:29 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 15:45:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 15:28:
So for anyone who bought the Sega Genesis Mega Pack like I did earlier this month for 4.99, the 5th pack in Steam is on sale for 3.75, so you can now link all the games into Steam (it is just en emulator).

cheers!

Yeah I noticed that when I got the pack from Amazon and it all installed in the same folder, showing up in the parent program... Pretty sweet setup.
Thanks for the headsup, yeah I had them all except #5

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 15:45 jacobvandy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 15:28:
So for anyone who bought the Sega Genesis Mega Pack like I did earlier this month for 4.99, the 5th pack in Steam is on sale for 3.75, so you can now link all the games into Steam (it is just en emulator).

cheers!

Yeah I noticed that when I got the pack from Amazon and it all installed in the same folder, showing up in the parent program... Pretty sweet setup.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 15:37 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 14:31:
Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 14:21:
Pasting from one of my previous posts:

Valve always seems to like to make it hard to see the complete list of games on sale (in this event its 3000+) since they screw around with the front page during the sale event. Here's everything on sale sorted by metacritic score (valve basically hides this link from front page for some reason when the events go on, I got smart this time around and bookmarked it before the sale started)
steam list

Just put all the games you want in your Steam wishlist and you can just browse that list to see which ones are on sale.
Yeah but sometimes I miss things, and other times I see a game thats $1 and I decide to get it even if its not already in my wishlist.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 15:28 xXBatmanXx

cheers!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14445/

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 15:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 14:32:
Holy fuck, he bought it!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe, now the real work begins: deciding which mods to use... this is an epic undertaking.

Not counting obvious stuff like HD textures or whatever.

ItBurn wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 14:31:

I do this, I thought everybody does this, Everybody SHOULD do this, wallets be damned.

*EDIT* Formatting

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 14:32 nin

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 13:44:
Hell = frozen over.

Willpower = suspect.

I gave in and bought Skyrim Legendary Edition when it was 40% off. Dishonored too when it was around 10 bucks. Damned Steam Sale! *shakes fist*

Holy fuck, he bought it!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 14:31 ItBurn

Dev wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 14:21:

Valve always seems to like to make it hard to see the complete list of games on sale (in this event its 3000+) since they screw around with the front page during the sale event. Here's everything on sale sorted by metacritic score (valve basically hides this link from front page for some reason when the events go on, I got smart this time around and bookmarked it before the sale started)
steam list

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 21, 2013, 14:21 Dev

steam list

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo