Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

In defence of the Steam sale - GamesIndustry International.

• Anuman Discoveries on GOG.com. Save 60%.
  • ARMA II on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 50%.
  • ARMA II Complete Collection on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 50%.
  • Awesomenauts on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on Steam. Save 75%.
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition on Steam. Save 40%.
  • EVE Online on Steam. Save 75%.
  • GRID 2 on Steam. Save 40%.
  • Metro: Last Light on Steam. Save 40%.
  • Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V on Steam. Save 75%.
  • SimCity on GameFly. Save 30% with coupon from Dealzon.
  • Train Simulator 2013 on Steam. Save 80%.
  • Trials Evolution: Gold Edition on Steam. Save 50%.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 19:46 JohnnyRotten

Anyone get Starforge; if so - what did you think?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 19:03 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 17:22:
Dev wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 13:29:
nin wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 12:54:
Dude, you just got so much awesome gameplay with those, it's ridiculous! And yea for more people grabbing Monaco and Blood Dragon!
Monoco is good?

It is ok with pubs, I think with friends it would be a blast. You can also solo. It is a timed heist game. Has leaderboards and what not. Fun for the price. Looks like there is a steam community too.

Mapbuilder - woot!

Also: damn dogs!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

37. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 17:22 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 13:29:
Dude, you just got so much awesome gameplay with those, it's ridiculous! And yea for more people grabbing Monaco and Blood Dragon!
Monoco is good?

It is ok with pubs, I think with friends it would be a blast. You can also solo. It is a timed heist game. Has leaderboards and what not. Fun for the price. Looks like there is a steam community too.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

36. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 16:31 killer_roach

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 14:37:
killer_roach wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 03:05:
mch wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 02:48:
I've done both Borderlands 2 and Dishonored for $10, I'm pleased enough with the sale.

Of big stuff, I just got GRID 2 and Tomb Raider. Picked up Dishonored earlier for a similar price, so I didn't need it now.

I've gotten a handful of indie titles on the cheap as well, in particular Strike Suit Infinity, Retro/Grade, and Super House Of Dead Ninjas, but I've mostly been taking a pass on the major games.

What'd you think of Strike Suit? I've been considering it ($3 is nothing, really), but I've heard that the gameplay difficulty ramps up so much it gets un-fun pretty quickly...

I've been playing Strike Suit Infinity more than I have Zero, but it does have some considerable difficulty at points. Nothing yet that's brutally unfair, but it is very chaotic. Even still, I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

35. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 15:15 nin

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 13:52:
Another crappy day of sales and repeats. Le sigh. 17 things on my wishlist and maybe only one I'm willing to buy at current prices. Seems most of the bigger titles they're not doing much better than 40% off which isn't great. Oh well, looks like we'll see if they come down enough for the winter sale.

Tempted to grab Prison Arch, but I don't really have the cash and have no idea when I'd actually get around to playing it...heard good things, though.

34. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 14:37 Eirikrautha

killer_roach wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 03:05:
I've done both Borderlands 2 and Dishonored for $10, I'm pleased enough with the sale.

Of big stuff, I just got GRID 2 and Tomb Raider. Picked up Dishonored earlier for a similar price, so I didn't need it now.

I've gotten a handful of indie titles on the cheap as well, in particular Strike Suit Infinity, Retro/Grade, and Super House Of Dead Ninjas, but I've mostly been taking a pass on the major games.

What'd you think of Strike Suit? I've been considering it ($3 is nothing, really), but I've heard that the gameplay difficulty ramps up so much it gets un-fun pretty quickly...

33. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 13:52 Cutter

Another crappy day of sales and repeats. Le sigh. 17 things on my wishlist and maybe only one I'm willing to buy at current prices. Seems most of the bigger titles they're not doing much better than 40% off which isn't great. Oh well, looks like we'll see if they come down enough for the winter sale.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

32. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 13:29 Dev

Monoco is good?

31. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 12:54 nin

Kosumo wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 05:46:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 01:02:
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for $5 was a pretty damn sweet deal,

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for $20 is a pretty damn sweet deal, for $5 it's a, 'what the fuck, are they crazy?' type deal.

Very good game, and very big with all the DLC. (and has solid replay value)

For $5, that's insane.

Agreed. For $5, that's a hell of a deal.

Shok wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 09:43:
I've picked up a lot in the sale so far:
Monaco
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Kerbal Space Program
System Shock 2
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

30. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 12:20 NKD

This years sale has put me over the 250 game mark I think.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

29. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 09:52 Rhino

My purchases so far:

Sleeping Dogs, and the Year of the Snake DLC to go with it (wasn't interested in the others)
Bolderlands 2 and the Season Pass
Mark of the Ninja
Poker Night 2
Reus
Legend of Grimrock
Antichamber

I'll probably grab Rogue Legacy, but I want to see if that pops up on a daily or flash deal. As new as it is I'm surprised that it's at 20% off and don't EXPECT it to go lower; but I also didn't think that Legend of Grimrock would go lower than 66% off only to see it at 75% the day after I bought it.

Probably grab Cthulhu Saves the World, too, since it looks amusing, I've thought so for years, kept forgetting to buy it, and finally remembered to put it on my wishlist to remind myself to grab it before the Summer Sale is over.

28. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 09:43 Shok

I've picked up a lot in the sale so far:

Monaco
Dark Souls
Alan Wake Bundle
Wargame: Airland Battle
Natural Selection II
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Kerbal Space Program
System Shock 2
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Bastion

plus 2 x YNAB (budget software) for gifts

I'll probably pick up a few more by Monday...I'm a sucker for anything less than $5, especially AAA titles!

27. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 09:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 23:01:
Do you guys think Metro Last Light will show up with a better deal than -40% and/or did I already miss that?
Considering how new it is? 40% is probably it for right now, I picked it up for $30.50 about two weeks ago. Though I haven't played it yet, and am still working my way through SR2--which I picked up like 5 months ago. heh.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 07:04 cronik

nin wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 05:07:

Skyrim DLC is done.

"Done and done"

25. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 05:46 Kosumo

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 01:02:
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for $5 was a pretty damn sweet deal,

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for $20 is a pretty damn sweet deal, for $5 it's a, 'what the fuck, are they crazy?' type deal.

Very good game, and very big with all the DLC. (and has solid replay value)

For $5, that's insane.

24. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 05:07 nin

Skyrim, I want the game, looks good. But it's single player, and while I might get a lot of hours out of it....I might not. And I don't recall them saying they are done releasing DLC for it,

Skyrim DLC is done.

23. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 04:31 Veterator

There's some games I was looking at.. was a handful of things stopping me from buying.

1) DLC, if the game has questionable value DLC already....I don't want to buy the base game and see a few months from now that I could have gotten everything for the same price as I paid for the base game. Since it always end up being cheaper to wait...I wait.

2) Unknown developer and/or game-type I don't always like. A lot of reviews will compare a game to X, Y, and Z in the same genre. I might not like Y and Z....and can't tell what they meant by it from other reviews. This usually goes back to price, if it's over 5 bucks or has DLC making it go up over 5, I won't risk it and being pissed.

3) Price. I might pay the price they want for the base game if it had all the DLC. But they've started this thing where they have high prices on the DLC and it ends up being 30-40+ bucks for the base game with DLC and more DLC planned for future. I just don't pay over 20-25 bucks for games unless I know I'm really going to get a lot out of them. Which means almost no single player games will fit the bill, Minecraft being an exception for example.

So, Van Helsing, looked good. Had what seemed like good voice acting...etc etc. But it's one of those game types I about 50/50 on liking...AND it had DLC. Plus being fairly new, probably will do more DLC. So if it were 5 bucks for base game, I'd have bought it. If it was all DLC with no future plans for 7-8 bucks...probably would have bought it. However, it wasn't so I didn't.

Skyrim, I want the game, looks good. But it's single player, and while I might get a lot of hours out of it....I might not. And I don't recall them saying they are done releasing DLC for it, I may be wrong. But I want it and all DLC at 20-25 bucks or cheaper. Will wait for it to get there. If it doesn't for a longtime, I'll just forget about the game probably and won't buy it at all.

Defiance, MMO, probably sink some time into it. It's in the right price range, but it has some pretty bad reviews. And it has plans for DLC that has no release date or price info. So might pay the 15 bucks for the base game and then every goes over into the new DLC that costs 30-40 bucks. I don't want to end up obligated to buy expensive DLC to participate with others. So didn't make sense to buy the game until I knew more about how they are handling DLC. Personally I think Trion screwed up by not having this DLC info out for these sales....I like Trion as a dev but with the TV show tie in...no idea how "free" they are to change their game.

Got games that'll keep me busy and other stuff to do, so no rush. Just putting the info out there, so if someone happens to read it who can affect prices...perhaps it'll get where I want em to be.....hopefully when I have cash to get in on it. Set aside some for steam sale......didn't get into it much.

I think it's funny that they don't discount the games enough to get my cash....and between now and next sale....something new comes out or something else gets discounted elsewhere and gets my funds before the next steam sale. Seems like kind of a waste of effort on their part, but maybe they are making out like fiends....shrug.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2013, 04:37.

22. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 03:55 qsto

walrus1 wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 19:45:
What is the verdict on this year's STEAM sale? Personally I think it's pretty piss poor! Most of what is or has been on sale has already been on sale. Sometimes at the exact same discount or even deeper discounts!!
I think we're coming to a point where most of us already own everything we want to own and tbh there really isn't anything we need outside some exciting new indie titles. Personally I haven't purchased a single AAA game from this sale. Only stuff like Rogue Legacy, Toki Tori 2+, Awesomenauts etc.

If the Steam userbase doesn't expand in the future as rapidly as it has to this day, these sales will be an exercise in futility, since there'll be nothing left to buy for most people

21. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 03:05 killer_roach

20. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 02:48 mch

PSN: CaseDesignate

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo