Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 21, 2013, 02:33 Ant

Game consoles' sluggish sales demand a price cut. is missing/broken.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 20, 2013, 03:54 nin

Question for the masses...

I have UPNP set on the router for the PS3...tonight, in the router log, I notice:

[LAN access from remote] from 198.20.69.74:22568 to 192.168.1.21:443, Saturday, Jul 20,2013 00:39:36

That's (192.168.1.21) the static IP I have set for the PS3. That external IP rings up to something called singlehop2.shodanhq.com...

Any idea what that's about? Or how it appears to have made it through the router? I've turned off UPNP in the meantime...

Thanks!

edit: Ah, figured it out...had all port 443 calls forwarded to the PS3 IP, for PSN access...

Guess I should sleep...

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2013, 04:10.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 20, 2013, 02:25 entr0py

Julio wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 19:40:
They're going to lose a ton of cash by making it Xbone exclusive. Maybe they know the game is going to suck, so taking the sure cash from Microsoft is the better approach?

The original game was also an Xbox exclusive, and that didn't keep it from being good. I just hope they do a windows port. I mean, it's still a Microsoft OS after all, why not?

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 22:08 Cyanotetyphas

Capcom actually has a great stable of IPs, so its weird they always go off in bizarre directions.

Hello Capcom, can Megaman come to the phone? No? Your most iconic and veteran brand is busy right now? Okay, bye.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 21:34 deqer

"Capcom explains why Dead Rising 3 moved to Xbox One"
Does anyone really need to read this to know why? Isn't it obvious that the reason would be "because of money"

MS has tons of it, and probably just paid Capcom to "say yes"

So, that's why. Despite whatever lies Capcom will feed you in this article.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 20:56 PropheT

It's actually pretty easy to believe given how terribly Dead Rising 2 ran on the 360. The PC version didn't just look better but actually ran without massive constant frame dips throughout the entire game. I'd still be surprised if despite "breaking the bank" on the 360 that didn't mean that Microsoft re-filled that bank with an assfull of cash to keep it an XB1 exclusive.

I still hope this one comes to PC as well. It's the only release title for either new console that I'd be eager to play, but there's no way I'm buying an XB1 just for DR3.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 19:40 Julio

They're going to lose a ton of cash by making it Xbone exclusive. Maybe they know the game is going to suck, so taking the sure cash from Microsoft is the better approach?  

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 19:36 Wallshadows

Aren't they always losing money when they release their quarterlies and recently went through a corporate shuffle with staff?

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 19:29 Golwar

Capcom is probably my candidate as the publisher with the worst decisions in the past few years. Yes, even in comparison to EA.

I have no clue if any other publisher comes even near Capcom, with their stupid choices which games to make exclusives on which platform.
Furthermore they make stupid decisions which IPs to abandon. They fail to make their games "DLC ready" (Dragon's Dogma) or release DLCs right on disc. And that's just what I remembered right now. ^^

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo