Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow

Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford tweets that tomorrow is when they will be announcing the new DLC for Borderlands 2 they recently teased. We love mocking announcements of announcements, but this was simply a reply to a twitter follower asking a direct question about their plans. Presumably this announcement is taking place at this weekend's PAX Australia gathering.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 14:48 Darks

PHJF wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 12:50:
The easiest loot in Tiny Tina is from the eridium slots. The VERY FIRST time I played it I got a pearlescent RPG; the thing was basically a nuke for the entirety of the campaign. I also picked up an orange nade from a treant and a bee shield (!!!) from somewhere I can't recall.

Say what you will about Captain Scarlett, but at least that one showered you with unique loot throughout the DLC and gave you a proper treasure room after the end-boss.

I didn't get a single purple from the vault, and I got nothing but greens during the entire campaign. The "unique loot" was fucking terrible.

I can confirm what you said about the loot. I almost forgot about that. The loot drops were totally shit the entire way through. The only good weapon we got was from playing the slots and getting the special ore you use to buy nicer weapons from that one vendor at the back of the map. And the torque Swordsplosion gun. That btw was a kick ass weapon.

But, they need to fix the loot drops in this add-on for sure.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 14:20 jacobvandy

I don't know what grenade you got, but the bee shield is definitely from the base game. You may have found it while playing the Tina DLC (high enough tiers of enemies have a small chance to drop anything from the pool of oranges), but that's not something introduced by it and found exclusively there. Just like the pearls, those were added for UVHM and are spread across all content. It's certainly possible, though, that the level 50+ items are super powerful to the point of negating the usefulness of anything introduced previously. I haven't gotten around to starting that third consecutive playthrough yet.  

13. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 14:17 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:08:
Finally getting around to playing them.

Tiny Tina's is pretty fantastic. Captain S is through-and-through horrible. Mister Torgue's is OK. After all the shit I heard about Hammerlock I likely won't touch that.

Hammerlocks is the first time I have been challenged in the game. I liked Scarlett's, haven't done the other 2 yet.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 13:16 PHJF

I played Tina before Scarlett. Everything from Tina was better.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 13:05 jacobvandy

Lol, so you get lucky and call that easy loot? I put at least 100E in there and the best I got was a purple coach gun. Hit the rainbow money jackpot several times, though. My point is that they at least gave you real opportunity for loot in Scarlett. Like two dozen chests with almost half of them being uber unique ones with guaranteed high quality. Your RNG mileage obviously varies, as always. I saw lots of purples, even if only a couple were upgrades. I guess I could run through and hit those die chests several times hoping for high rolls, but they were not so satisfying in the actual playthrough of the campaign. "Oh finally, a chest!" Then you roll a goddamn 3 and get a couple whites...

You're crazy if you didn't think some of those Captain Scarlett were were at least usable, though. The electric-skull shotgun, acid-hawk SMG, and cannonball launcher were amazing and saw a ton of use at level 50 with my Commando. Chewed through many a Terramorphous and that first raid boss. Even the pistol was good, I just had purple revolver that was better. Many of the other ones were more situational or build-specific, but to call them all 'fucking terrible' makes me question your judgment as a player.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2013, 13:15.

10. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 12:50 PHJF

The easiest loot in Tiny Tina is from the eridium slots. The VERY FIRST time I played it I got a pearlescent RPG; the thing was basically a nuke for the entirety of the campaign. I also picked up an orange nade from a treant and a bee shield (!!!) from somewhere I can't recall.

Say what you will about Captain Scarlett, but at least that one showered you with unique loot throughout the DLC and gave you a proper treasure room after the end-boss.

I didn't get a single purple from the vault, and I got nothing but greens during the entire campaign. The "unique loot" was fucking terrible.

9. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 12:15 jacobvandy

Finally played through the main quest of Tiny Tina's last night, and the setting/writing/dialogue was definitely a breath of fresh air. Dragged on a bit in the second half though (especially once you went down in the tower dungeon) because the enemies just keep on spawning and spawning and spawning, sequentially after you defeat the two or three that exist in the room at one time. Andthose mini-boss enemies that start out a few levels higher than where you probably are, and THEN level up 3-4 times throughout the fight to become practically impossible to kill, are just plain fucking bullshit. Both of these reasons had me running through a few sections and ignoring everything else because it became too boring and/or frustrating. This was on TVHM, starting the DLC at level 35.

Also didn't get shit for loot, because of those stupid chests that roll a 20-sided die to determine the quality of items inside and lack of decent reward from killing major bosses. Yeah, sure, "loot-splosions" look pretty cool because they litter an entire arena with drops, but when there's only 1-2 blue/purples in there, it's ultimately unsatisfying. Maybe my good stuff got stuck in the floor or fell off the side and into the abyss (one happened on a bridge maybe 20 feet wide), or I'm just unlucky... Say what you will about Captain Scarlett, but at least that one showered you with unique loot throughout the DLC and gave you a proper treasure room after the end-boss.

Anyway, I'll be sure to check out the crapload of side quests available back in town, and I'm definitely looking forward to more DLC. If you hadn't heard, or didn't pay attention after beating it, the end of Tiny Tina's hinted really, really strongly that the Hyperion moon base was next up. Or at least in the works.

8. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 12:00 Dacron

Only bought Tiny Tina, and will buy the next if it is as good!

I don't see this as milking it, $5-10 (depending if on sale) for 10(?) hours enjoyment is a good deal. 50 hours on the entire game so far, good investment as I think $1 for 1 hour gameplay is a decent deal.

7. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 11:46 Darks

nin wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:07:
El Pit wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 09:59:
A brilliant DLC like Tiny Tina's is not milking anything, it's making a good game even better!

Yeah, if they can do more like that? I'd gladly buy it...

If they are smart they will continue on with the Tiny Tina DnD theme. We had a great time playing that Coop. Funny, enjoyable. Kept you laughing the whole way through!

If there was anything that kept this DLC from being awesome it was the lack of areas to explore. We felt there just werenít enough of them and a little too much retreading areas you had been to already. Otherwise, it was a great DLC.

Personally I would like to see a whole game themed like this. As long as itís done right!

BTW, has anyone tried to do the after missions? Like the one where you have to fight 5 dragons? Wholly crap was that hard!!!

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2013, 11:51.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

6. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 11:07 Beamer

PHJF wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:08:

Tiny Tina's is pretty fantastic. Captain S is through-and-through horrible. Mister Torgue's is OK. After all the shit I heard about Hammerlock I likely won't touch that.

Haven't done Tiny Tina's, but yes, Captain S was horrid, Mister Torgue was ok (mostly because travel time was lesser and the dialogue was funny, but the missions got stale), and I couldn't even finish Hammerlock it was so awful. Navigating was neither easy nor fun.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 10:33 Mad Max RW

So did Randy finally hire staff to work on the DLC in-house?  

4. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 10:08 PHJF

3. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 10:07 nin

El Pit wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 09:59:
A brilliant DLC like Tiny Tina's is not milking anything, it's making a good game even better!

Yeah, if they can do more like that? I'd gladly buy it...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 09:59 El Pit

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

1. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announcement Tomorrow Jul 19, 2013, 09:46 InBlack

Milk that cow till it croaks! Yeah!  

I have a nifty blue line!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo