Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer

The Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter campaign has kicked off Harebrained Schemes' countdown to next week's release of their turn-based RPG revival. They enlist the support of their backers to help market the game, offering this launch trailer to help spread the word. Here's what they say: "As gamers, we know that a lot of paid marketing efforts are kind of useless. Most of us rely on the opinions of people we trust to help us figure out what we want to play next. So please get the word out and get people talking - not just about the game but about how they have the power to add to it and tell their own stories using the Editor."

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 20, 2013, 06:32 Julio

Dev wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 21:12:
Julio wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 16:34:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 10:35:
If enough people convince me this is better than Fallout Tactics I'm sold. In other words, not a hugely disappointing missed opportunity.

There is no chance this is better than Fallout Tactics.
I think you mean there is no chance its not better. Fallout tactics was one of the weaker games of the bunch.

Actually, I didn't like Fallout Tactics at the time (given it's not as good as Fallout 1/2), but it grew on me. I consider it a classic of turn based games. Fallout Tactics > Shadowrun is my belief.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 21:12 Dev

Julio wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 16:34:
If enough people convince me this is better than Fallout Tactics I'm sold. In other words, not a hugely disappointing missed opportunity.

I think you mean there is no chance its not better. Fallout tactics was one of the weaker games of the bunch.

19. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 16:34 Julio

18. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 10:35 Mad Max RW

17. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 09:06 InBlack

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 08:58:
Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 01:43:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 01:38:
I've heard that the game features no inventory. Not sure it's the kind of game I want.

I believe there's inventory, but no looting of corpses. Which I'm okay with, since usually on a run you shouldn't have time to stop and roll the guards for loot.

Yeah, I remember them talking about that. Basically it was for balance, since they wanted to put you up against serious corp hardware, but it would be too easy if you could just kill a dude and take his rocket launcher or whatever

SO its a tactical RPG LITE? We do get loot at the end of the missions or what??

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 08:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 01:43:
I've heard that the game features no inventory. Not sure it's the kind of game I want.

I believe there's inventory, but no looting of corpses. Which I'm okay with, since usually on a run you shouldn't have time to stop and roll the guards for loot.

Yeah, I remember them talking about that. Basically it was for balance, since they wanted to put you up against serious corp hardware, but it would be too easy if you could just kill a dude and take his rocket launcher or whatever

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 07:18 Fion

I'm gonna be GMing a game with some friends probly, depending on how strong the tools are and if I can work with stuff on the fly. Looking forward to it.

And I'll probably go Decker in the campaign. Ever since I read Neuromancer as a teen and then played my first game of Shadowrun I've loved the class. I'm still wading through the 600+ page 5th edition PDF, but they look pretty sweet in the new ed.

14. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 05:08 InBlack

Looking good, cant wait for some first impressions from you guys.  

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 03:58 Dev

nin wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 22:30:
This is my first SR experience, and I think I'll take Decker as well. The hacking minigame looks too cool not to check out.

My first too, but I dunno what I'll take. My understanding is that you can usually work as a team, so even if you don't take a decker, that won't lock you out of the hacking experience.

12. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 02:56 Sho

I really wanted to buy this, but after their bad communication around the DRM issue my trust is low and I'm not feeling it. Conflicted.  

11. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 01:43 Flatline

10. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 01:38 ItBurn

9. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 01:02 saluk

Hawt. I still kind of have a bad feeling its going to be terrible, but it's my favorite universe so I almost don't care.  

8. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 18, 2013, 23:11 nin

Yeah, I think it's why I loved DX:HR so much!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 18, 2013, 22:40 Cutter

Haha nin, you always love going sneaky/hacky in games where you can do that sort of stuff.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

6. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 18, 2013, 22:30 nin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 22:05:
Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 21:08:
I still hate the stylized Orks. They just look fucking ridiculous and it really shatters the immersion. Everything else looks great though. Maybe someone will build new models for them with the editor - which I also cannot wait to check out.

What's everyone going first? I'm pretty torn. I'll prolly go Shammy, but Decker and Street Sammy are calling me too!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot they have Riggers too. Wonder how viable they'll be in this game.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go decker first... but street sammy is really tempting too! Aww.. it don't mattter... I'll be playing the hell out of this for months I think. I'll play them all!

This is my first SR experience, and I think I'll take Decker as well. The hacking minigame looks too cool not to check out.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 18, 2013, 22:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 21:08:
I still hate the stylized Orks. They just look fucking ridiculous and it really shatters the immersion. Everything else looks great though. Maybe someone will build new models for them with the editor - which I also cannot wait to check out.

What's everyone going first? I'm pretty torn. I'll prolly go Shammy, but Decker and Street Sammy are calling me too!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot they have Riggers too. Wonder how viable they'll be in this game.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go decker first... but street sammy is really tempting too! Aww.. it don't mattter... I'll be playing the hell out of this for months I think. I'll play them all!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

4. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 18, 2013, 21:08 Cutter

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 2013, 21:14.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 18, 2013, 21:04 Flatline

Terrible, terrible voiceover. But I'm excited!  

2. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 18, 2013, 20:55 RaZ0r!

Hell ya!  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo