Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month

A new video for Sir, You Are Being Hunted narrated by game critic/game creator Jim Rossignol reveals an August 19th release date for the first-person stealth/survival huntee simulation, though this goes unmentioned on the Big Robot Website or Rock, Paper, Shotgun (thanks nin via Kotaku). At that point the game will be released with its three main biomes, though this will be followed with further content updates to complete their vision. The clip shows off new environments from the game in an update going out next week to backers.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 19:34 wasteoid

Gaming needs more procedurally-generated content.

I can't count how many times I've played the Civilization games, since every play through is different, but typically FPS games (Half-Life) or games like Skyrim with preset stories/maps get played twice at most, to see the good/bad endings.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 17:24 Overon

This has the potential of being a real indie gem. I hope it's good. Will wait for the consensus reviews and youtube videos.  

7. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 17:10 nin

Hope they do some indoor environments like a big old factory or the like.

Maybe a sequel if this one does well, but he's said that this one is outdoor only. Not that that's a deal killer, but I agree, sneaking around inside buildings and using them to hide in (and being chased into, and then surrounded) would be awesome!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 17:08 Cutter

Agreed. Zero interest in 8/16 bit cutesy crap and side scrollers. This is fresh and new. Really looking forward it. Hope they do some indoor environments like a big old factory or the like.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 14:06 Axis

Yep looks good. I really don't look at an art style as an issue, it's all about the gameplay. The important thing is indies, in my not so humble opinion, are better than most AAA offerings these days and continue to sell very very well.  

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 11:58 MajorD

Techie714 wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 10:55:
These are the kind of games I like to see Indies making rather than yet another 8bit action platformer. Most Indie games IMO are not very good at all. Games like "Rogue Legacy" I find boring, uninspired, etc. But stuff like this is innovative, interesting, & looks like a lot of fun.

Agreed. I'm glad to see the continued success of Indies, but IMO all the side-scrolling/platform games seem so dated to me and are boring. If I wanted to play that type of game, I would dig out my old Atari 2600 and hook that up. But, yes, games like this are more innovating, interesting, and fun.

3. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 11:02 nin

I just love the idea of a sort of "most deadliest game" where everyone on the island is hunting you, and you have very limited resources, forcing you to use stealth and largely avoid conflict as much as possible.

Also really digging the art style, with both the various terrain and the robots themselves...

Backed it through PP, so I hope I get the alpha...I've not gotten any previous invites (he mentions in the video about folks currently testing), so I'm starting to wonder.

2. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 10:55 Techie714

These are the kind of games I like to see Indies making rather than yet another 8bit action platformer. Most Indie games IMO are not very good at all. Games like "Rogue Legacy" I find boring, uninspired, etc. But stuff like this is innovative, interesting, & looks like a lot of fun.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Next Month Jul 18, 2013, 09:37 nin

This looks soooooo fun! I can't wait to try it out!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo