Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

7 Days to Die Kickstarter

A Kickstarter is now underway for 7 Days to Die, the voxel-powered zombie survival/horror game announced exactly two months ago by The Fun Pimps Entertainment. They hope to raise $200K to support the game's development, and offer an extensive set of stretch goals that lists what the game will include all the way through the $3 million funding mark. Here's part of their pitch:

We have a lot of experience but we’re still too small of a team to finish this ambitious game with all of the great features we'd like to add and need an additional $200,000 to hire the extra, artists, animators and programmers to do it right.

If we reach our target goal we’ll invest every dollar raised into the development of 7 Days to Die and we have a great list of features and improvements outlined in our stretch goals which we’d love to add. We don’t want to make just any zombie game we want to make “The Zombie Game” that defines all zombie games!

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2013, 14:30 Rigs

Sho wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 15:43:
Rigs wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:39:
It was my (mis)understanding, apparently, that KS would be for 'unique' projects that really didn't fit any other way of funding. Not games that the devs just don't feel like trying to fund for...I guess it's easier to just put up a page and plead then to actually fight to fund your game...

Eh, what the fuck? How is "putting up a page and pleading" not the most honest way to go when fighting to fund your game? They're exposing themselves right to the public eye, and as you can see from your own harsh comment, that's not necessarily a smooth ride.

As for the budget, $200k doesn't sound like a whole lot considering the scope of the game they're pitching in the video.

If you thought my previous comment was harsh, then you don't want to know my answer to that...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 19:22 jdreyer

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 18:04:
Isn't there enough zombie games out there?

True. If State of Decay comes to PC before this, for example, I might not pick this up, despite the differences between the two.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 18:04 Ozmodan

Isn't there enough zombie games out there? Kickstarter is becoming home to a lot of fools.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2013, 17:55 Julio

A maybe so far. Love the concept, just curious on if its going to be Steam only or not. Not a fan of DRM.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2013, 15:43 Sho

Rigs wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:39:
It was my (mis)understanding, apparently, that KS would be for 'unique' projects that really didn't fit any other way of funding. Not games that the devs just don't feel like trying to fund for...I guess it's easier to just put up a page and plead then to actually fight to fund your game...

Eh, what the fuck? How is "putting up a page and pleading" not the most honest way to go when fighting to fund your game? They're exposing themselves right to the public eye, and as you can see from your own harsh comment, that's not necessarily a smooth ride.

As for the budget, $200k doesn't sound like a whole lot considering the scope of the game they're pitching in the video.

7. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 15:37 WyldKat

They should have used smooth voxels for the terrain. It looks super jarring when you compare it to their trees, cars, houses, and zombies.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2013, 13:39 Rigs

Man, aren't we conceited little fucks, yes? $200,000?! For a zombie game? When the indie world is pumping them out faster than you can puke from the sight of them all? No thanks. KS turns more into a venture capital company every day...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

5. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 13:11 jdreyer

Still, I found the build aspect of this game intriguing. I won't back the ks but I will be keeping an eye on reviews for this. Yes the graphics are craptastic, but if it's fun I'll play it.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 12:14 Cutter

Techie714 © wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 11:45:
Zombie games are like the WWII games from years ago..Every other game was a WWII game...lol

Sad but true. And zombie games are so boring. Sneak around quietly until noticed, all hell breaks loose, rinse, repeat. If you're going to be prey at least make it interesting like, Sir, Your Are Being Hunted. If I don't see another zombie or show again it'll be too soon.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 11:48 jacobvandy

In case anyone's wondering like I was, if you pre-ordered the game on their website any time in the past couple months, it's equivalent to the $35 tier with alpha and beta access.  

2. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 11:45 Techie714 ©

Zombie games are like the WWII games from years ago..Every other game was a WWII game...lol  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 11:34 Yakubs

Oh, cool, another zombie game.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer