Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 17, 2013, 16:13 Cutter

Wouldn't surprise me to see this as par for the course for the 180. MS' little end run to keep ODRM in place with these sorts of excuses.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 17, 2013, 13:35 Tumbler

In other words, because games have to be submitted to Microsoft testing, certified, and then pressed onto discs and shipped, Forza 5 has to be done much, much sooner than November. By requiring part of the game as a download on launch day, it gives Turn 10 extra time to finish everything. And so what you get on the disc you buy at the store won’t be the entire game.

So MS is going to certify a non working game...? What is the point of Cert?! It's incomplete, it doesn't work, ship it! It will work later, promise!

If a dev wants to ship a game with one time internet activation required plus download the rest of the game MS should require them to submit the whole thing for cert. No extra time to work on that last part, either it's ready for show time or it's not.

This also sounds suspiciously like a way to limit sharing...so content will be downloaded anonomously? Someone can rent it, connect, download the stuff they need and play? That's hard to believe, bandwidth isn't free so who's going to pay for the 15th content download for a particular copy of the game.

I have to assume they are pressing discs with unique id's this gen. Shipping every game with a unique printed code seems like a losing strategy for the console audience. It's a hassle sitting there and typing that shit in...plus you have a camera and you're supposed to recognizing speech. With Unique codes on every disc you could adopt more limiting features later as well. I have to assume MS wants to throw the switch at some point this gen and make all new games be one time connection required if not more.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Seaman Jul 17, 2013, 12:00 Hyatus

Why? Just...why? That game was so creepy. I wonder if there was anyone who didn't get fed up with how long it took and started messing with their Dreamcast clock to get Seaman to evolve.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 17, 2013, 11:34 robdot

so, we are back to square one already. Online required but without the shared family benefits to go along with it. your buying a key that allows you to download the content. Are we to believe that No ONE is capable of shipping a completed product any more?  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 17, 2013, 10:55 Verno

I like the refrigerator analogy from the Forza dev, leave it a maker of automobile sports videogames to somehow come up with something dumber than an internet car analogy.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo