Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound

A Kickstarter update for Shadowrun Returns has word from Harebrained Schemes that beginning today Steam keys are being sent to backers and preorder customers to ensure they are set for the Windows and OS X launch of the tactical RPG follow-up on July 25th. Here's the plan:

Starting today, emails containing Shadowrun Returns Steam keys are going out to all Backers and HBS website Pre-order customers. This will help ensure that everyone has their keys in time for the launch on July 25.

Please note that the keys will not unlock the game until it is released on July 25th. Once we flip the switch, you’ll be able to begin the download from Steam and play the game when it completes. More specifics on loading your Steam key will be included in the email we send you.

Also on July 25, your DRM-free version of the game and the digital rewards for your pledge level will be available via your HBS Account. Go to https://account.harebrained-schemes.com/ to download them on launch day.

As a reminder, your physical rewards will begin shipping in the first week of August. Delivery dates are determined by geographic location.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 18, 2013, 06:30 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

My three keys turned up today. Roll on the 25th!  

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 17, 2013, 14:32 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:25:
Woot - finally got mine. 3 keys apparently!

Ditto. Forgot they were coming to the store email, though. I was wondering why everyone I know had theirs and I still hadn't gotten mine. Doh!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

32. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 17, 2013, 13:25 nin

Woot - finally got mine. 3 keys apparently!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

31. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 17, 2013, 01:48 RaZ0r!

The brand new Shadowrun, Fifth Edition Core Rulebook is available on DriveThruRPG.com for $20 bucks if you really want to geek it up. It broke first day sales and gross records upon it's release, and it's getting great reviews.  

30. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 21:16 Rea1One

Got my Kickstarter steam key, looking forward to next week!  

29. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 18:11 Creston

Prez wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 16:27:
Woohoo - I can't wait! Creston gifted it to me and he is now officially the coolest guy in the universe. You heard it here first!

And you will get to play it before I do!

Creston

28. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 17:41 saluk

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 16:20:
I get a bad Neverwinter Nights vibe from this game. The base campaign will probably be dogshit with too much reliance on fan-made mods to keep it going. And 99% of the mods will be fucking terrible. There's a good gameplay system in place and I love the art. Also the editors seem very user friendly. It'll likely be another year or two for the real meat to come out people can sink their teeth into and enjoy.

Getting that a bit too, but the 1% of amazing content still leaves NWN with some of my favorite gaming memories.

27. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 16:42 ldonyo

WyldKat wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 16:14:
I missed the Kickstarter, but preordered on Steam back in May.

My body is so ready for this. The hacking looks amazing too, actually putting you into a matrix like the old Genesis games and changing your skills to turn-based hacking stuff. I think my first character is going to have to be a decker.
I preordered in May, as well. Was kind of bummed about the bumped release date, but stoked that it is almost out!

26. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 16:29 MattyC

I hope this lives up to the hype. From some of the gameplay videos I have seen it looks like it will.  

25. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 16:27 Prez

Woohoo - I can't wait! Creston gifted it to me and he is now officially the coolest guy in the universe. You heard it here first!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 16:20 Mad Max RW

I get a bad Neverwinter Nights vibe from this game. The base campaign will probably be dogshit with too much reliance on fan-made mods to keep it going. And 99% of the mods will be fucking terrible. There's a good gameplay system in place and I love the art. Also the editors seem very user friendly. It'll likely be another year or two for the real meat to come out people can sink their teeth into and enjoy.  

23. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 16:14 WyldKat

I missed the Kickstarter, but preordered on Steam back in May.

My body is so ready for this. The hacking looks amazing too, actually putting you into a matrix like the old Genesis games and changing your skills to turn-based hacking stuff. I think my first character is going to have to be a decker.

22. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 16:00 Agent.X7

wonkawonka wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 13:16:
Got mine, put it on steam just in case I lose the email.
Ready to roll next week!
(in the meantime, honing my skillz on xcom on the ipad. Damn good port)

Ah, I got XCom free on PS3, played for a while, and then actually spent money on the PC version because the PS3 was so damn choppy. The framerate was so inconsistent it drove me nuts.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 15:58 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 09:40:
InBlack wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 09:31:
So when can those who did not back or preorder buy this??? Can we do it on the 25th or do we have to wait a few days/weeks/months/years? Why do they send keys beforehand anyway...this is all very strange and confusing to me...

Looks like they pulled the (physical) CE's from here and now suggest steam preorders.

Should go live on the 25th.

Looking forward to my $125 physical package!

Me too!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 15:06 Cyant

Fion wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 14:24:
Can't wait. I hope the tools and GM support is good, as I plan on running a campaign with some friends using it. Gotta find out how well I can freestyle it though first.
But theres no multiplayer... How? You do magic??

19. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 14:24 Fion

Can't wait. I hope the tools and GM support is good, as I plan on running a campaign with some friends using it. Gotta find out how well I can freestyle it though first.  

18. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 13:16 wonkawonka

Got mine, put it on steam just in case I lose the email.
Ready to roll next week!
(in the meantime, honing my skillz on xcom on the ipad. Damn good port)

17. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 12:13 Tumbler

This feels like the biggest KS win so far! WOOOHOOOO!!!

And where's my key...*Checks email* ....

Wait! Gmail filters mail for me now, Promotions...KEY!!!! INSTALLING!

(Edit) SOB.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

16. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 11:30 NKD

Got my key early yesterday. Backed pretty early on.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

15. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 11:00 Creston

Me neither. Since I'm on vacation next week anyway, I'm not that worried.

Creston

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo