Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter

A new Kickstarter campaign is attempting to raise a half-million dollars to develop a police game called Precinct, proposed by Jim Walls, the former police officer who helped develop the Police Quest series for Sierra On-Line back in the day (thanks nin). This is to use modern 3D graphics and play from a first-person perspective, in a project they say is "an effort to successfully combine original Sierra-style adventure with modern video game technology." Here's word on the game:

Precinct takes players on a police adventure as officer Maxwell Jones in the corrupt town of Fraser Canyon, CA. Starting out as a rookie and then moving up the ranks, players face adrenaline charged scenarios and conduct real police procedures while solving crimes and arresting perpetrators.

Written by Jim Walls and some of today's brightest Hollywood talent, Precinct features a gripping crime story based on true accounts of real police cases. As players clean up the crime ridden streets, the plot thickens with corrupt cops, greedy public officials, and a deadly struggle for control of Fraser Canyon's criminal underground.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 17, 2013, 01:50 RaZ0r!

Good luck with that.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 18:23 Orogogus

Wasn't a fan of the Sierra philosophy then, still not one now. My first CD-ROM came with King's Quest V, which was definitely one of the "throw the boot at the cat chasing the mouse, which only triggers once, or else you'll be stuck 40 minutes later" games. Also, throw pie to beat yeti. Even the best point and click adventure games have their unintuitive puzzles, but man, what a piece of garbage.  

13. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 17:55 jimnms

I played the first PQ and loved it, though I don't think I ever beat it. I liked the old school Sierra point and click adventure games where you could lose the game if you missed something in the first 5 minutes of the game. Games these days don't let you lose.  

MeanJim on Steam

12. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 13:12 DangerDog

The police procedures today consist of shoot first and ask questions later, I doubt I could bring myself to play a game where you play a cop where you don't get to deploy your taser for no good reason or beat up some guy for taking a picture with a smartphone.

I don't need to pay $50 to play that game, I just need to step outside.

This looks less like a classic sierra game and more like a telltale one, which I personally put in the barely a game category.

11. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 11:48 Riker

I love the SWAT games, but I really miss the police procedural aspect of games like Police Quest 3. I loved the story and atmosphere of that game. The industry needs more policy procedurals.  

10. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 11:33 Kristian Joensen

I predict this won't make its goal.  

9. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 10:48 RollinThundr

SirKnight wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 09:55:
I loved the Police Quest series. Especially the SWAT series that spawned from them. I would like to see a new SWAT.

Swat 4 and it's expansion were both very solid. I'm still sad that Sierra ended up how they did and that Activision will likely sit on all that classic IP and do nothing with it.

8. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 10:47 Techie714

SirKnight wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 09:55:
I loved the Police Quest series. Especially the SWAT series that spawned from them. I would like to see a new SWAT.

This!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

7. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 09:55 SirKnight

6. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 09:43 wtf_man

I hope they make it. It looks interesting... a hybrid point-and-click adventure game with 1st person view.  

5. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 09:29 InBlack

I recommend buying and watching Tropa de Elite (I and II) over backing this. Youll thank me later.  

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 09:28 Cutter

Yeah, I think I tried one but never got into any of them.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 09:27 Mr. Tact

I remember when the games came out. But never played any of them. Best of luck to him.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 09:24 nin

Love for this to be successful (many fond memories of PQ), but I worry that 500K may be difficult, esp after HeroU and the SQ devs barely squeaked by...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Police Quest Creator's Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 09:06 NKD

STOP RESISTING!!!  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo