Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow?

The Bethesda Blog has an image up that looks like a tease for more DLC for Dishonored, Arkane's stealth/action game. We'll know soon enough, as here's what the caption says: "Daud’s journey concludes… more details tomorrow."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 23:01 Jerykk

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 01:00:
Creston wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 22:39:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late for my tastes, and I played this like a month and a half ago.

DLC really needs to come out within 3 months tops, unless you've lucked into one of those titles that people just keep playing and playing and playing. Dishonored, as good as it was (and it really IS good, if you ignore the first few levels), just isn't that kind of title.

Creston

My thoughts exactly.. DLC for a 10 month old linear game with a surprisingly weak story.... why not do proper expansions, maybe even one that surpasses the main game... but no.. it's Bethesda.. gotta milk this dry to the last drop. Not to make a good game better, but to make money with content that is inferior to the main game. That last assassins story also just fizzled out into nothingness. But that's because the main game story was so weak.

Sigh. But that's Bethesda for ya. Skyrim's DLC wasn't particularly awesome either. It's just that thanks to mods you could accept it's failings and still have fun. Since you never were left with nothing to do.. but in Dishonored? heh

Well anyway...

Dishonored's strength wasn't its story but its backstory. I find the lore really interesting and am happy to play anything that reveals more of it. The Knife of Dunwall was pretty substantial for DLC too and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The levels in it were just as good as the levels in the core game. I'm looking forward to this new DLC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 08:36 Verno

durandal wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 07:42:
I thought the last DLC (Knife of Dunawll) was pretty amazing. It has good length of gameplay considering its price, and the overall quality was top notch, unlike typical single player DLC with filler side quest-ish contents. The new levels were structurally well thought out, like the ones in original singleplayer, were beautiful and added depths into the unique world they created. The new characters were great and the narrative was tight.

To be honest, I can't think of a better Singleplayer DLC for a FPS like this.

As for the release schedule, yeah I think it would be great if they release it much sooner, but better late than never.

Yeah I loved Knife of Dunwall, no clue what people are complaining about here. Sure it would have been cool if they could have kept developing the game another 12 months but at some point you have to ship.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

10. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 08:24 avianflu

Count me as gamer who would prefer to see no DLC at all.

Let's see proper RandD sequels, which I am happy to pay full price for.

The above consumer model is gone not because of what gamers want, but because it is more profitable to sell in dribs and drabs 20kb digital files of guns and armor for 3 bucks a pop.

All DLC is a pox on gaming because of the expectant greed that it created in game pub's eyes.

The XCOM soldier pack was a low point in DLC in a strategy game. It came at launch for 6 bucks and you had to buy it to color your troops' armor. Embarrassing cash grab.

9. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 07:42 durandal

I thought the last DLC (Knife of Dunawll) was pretty amazing. It has good length of gameplay considering its price, and the overall quality was top notch, unlike typical single player DLC with filler side quest-ish contents. The new levels were structurally well thought out, like the ones in original singleplayer, were beautiful and added depths into the unique world they created. The new characters were great and the narrative was tight.

To be honest, I can't think of a better Singleplayer DLC for a FPS like this.

As for the release schedule, yeah I think it would be great if they release it much sooner, but better late than never.

8. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 06:59 Redmask

I would rather companies take the time and do it right. Surprised to see all of the QQ here, much of it coming from people who complain that companies do too much DLC close to release and take advantage of them while they also want amazing expansion style content right away LOL. Bethesda doesn't 'EA' most of their DLC and I can respect that. If you want toothbrush DLC and a total cost of ownership in the hundreds then keep it up.  

7. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 04:54 MoonSpook

I guess I'm the only one still looking forward to this then! Though they certainly took their sweet time about it.

Picked up the first part of this yesterday on Steam for £2.71, which I was pleased with. Hopefully the second part will drop in price a bit by the time I get through the mountain of Steam games I have waiting..

6. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 01:00 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 22:39:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late for my tastes, and I played this like a month and a half ago.

DLC really needs to come out within 3 months tops, unless you've lucked into one of those titles that people just keep playing and playing and playing. Dishonored, as good as it was (and it really IS good, if you ignore the first few levels), just isn't that kind of title.

Creston

My thoughts exactly.. DLC for a 10 month old linear game with a surprisingly weak story.... why not do proper expansions, maybe even one that surpasses the main game... but no.. it's Bethesda.. gotta milk this dry to the last drop. Not to make a good game better, but to make money with content that is inferior to the main game. That last assassins story also just fizzled out into nothingness. But that's because the main game story was so weak.

Sigh. But that's Bethesda for ya. Skyrim's DLC wasn't particularly awesome either. It's just that thanks to mods you could accept it's failings and still have fun. Since you never were left with nothing to do.. but in Dishonored? heh

Well anyway...

5. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 16, 2013, 00:44 Wowbagger_TIP

I just picked Dishonored up today in the Steam sale. If it's as good as most people are saying, I'll probably end up grabbing the new DLC as well.

Apparently I need to get a controller now too, since I got Rogue Legacy, and playing it with the keyboard is just painful. All I have are wireless 360 controllers though. Not sure what kind of controller to get yet.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

4. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 15, 2013, 23:21 Cutter

Yeah, Skyrim or CRPGs with good replayability and/or editors for sure, games like this? No.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 15, 2013, 22:39 Creston

Creston

2. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 15, 2013, 20:10 Techie714 ©

Just picked up the "Knife" DLC and starting it tonight cant wait  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Dishonored DLC Info Tomorrow? Jul 15, 2013, 20:04 nin

Was wondering what ever happened to that last DLC...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo