Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mad Max Trailer

A new trailer from Mad Max offers a look at Avalanche Studios' upcoming game based on the post-apocalyptic road-rage movie series. They call this a gameplay trailer, though most of what's depicted actually looks like pre-rendered cinematics.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 13:10 Shataan

Nothing about the Trailer felt anything Mad Maxlike. Not the visuals. Certainly not the music. They should rename it.... "American Mad Max". lol  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 13:02 El Pit

War. War never changes.

Ooops. Wait!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

12. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 12:51 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 12:22:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:50:
I'm just saying that a black leather jacket in a desert is a really bad choice.

Well that all depends on the situation. At night that leather jacket will keep you nice and warm. If there’s a Sand storm, it will protect you.

But the dude is wearing it during the mid day sun. It would be literally killing him. No wonder he is mad.

11. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 12:22 Darks

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:50:

Well that all depends on the situation. At night that leather jacket will keep you nice and warm. If there’s a Sand storm, it will protect you.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

10. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 12:20 Techie714 ©

I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. it looks pretty cool & hopefully the story line is deep & engaging with great gameplay mechanics. I really hope it's not like what we saw with "Aliens"....  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 12:06 siapnar

Apart from the misleading title, I liked the trailer. It doesn't make the game look amazing or anything, but Avalanche are known for their awesome gameplay mechanics and open world, not cinematics, so it is disappointing to not see actual gameplay from a "gameplay" trailer  

I have projectile dysfunction.

8. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 11:05 netnerd85

Cool, this the Defiance season 2 game?  

7. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 11:04 ItBurn

Yeah I'm getting pretty annoyed with these gameplay trailers with no gameplay.  

6. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 11:00 Creston

Pointless trailer, as it contains zero gameplay.

That said, I hope it'll feature robust melee combat. Sleeping Dogs did it well, and I'd really enjoy seeing more like it. I can shoot stuff in just about every other game, but there's way too few in which you can beat the snot out of mutants.

Creston

5. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 10:57 Trevellian

Seeing as this is Avalanche and I love the Mad Max universe, I really want to see it work.

Obviously I have my doubts, but I'm hoping the team that made Just Cause 2 can craft a huge beautifully barren open world game set in the Mad Max universe so I don't have to kill them.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

4. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 10:50 HorrorScope

3. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 10:48 InBlack

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:17:
I'm really getting tired of these companies saying they released a gameplay trailer when 90% of the time it's pre-rendered cut scenes. When I see something posted as gameplay, the first frame I want to see is the UI and character/vehicle/whatever moving around the screen and navigated by the user. Period.

Exactly. A cutscene done in-engine is NOT a gameplay trailer. End of story.

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 10:17 Steele Johnson

I'm really getting tired of these companies saying they released a gameplay trailer when 90% of the time it's pre-rendered cut scenes. When I see something posted as gameplay, the first frame I want to see is the UI and character/vehicle/whatever moving around the screen and navigated by the user. Period.  

1. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 10:07 Mad Max RW

It's not prerendered. However, they obviously screwed around with camera angles, removed the HUD and other things to make it more "cinematic". Basically cutscenes done inside the game like Just Cause 2 and a few quick shots of live gameplay.  

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo