Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mad Max Trailer

A new trailer from Mad Max offers a look at Avalanche Studios' upcoming game based on the post-apocalyptic road-rage movie series. They call this a gameplay trailer, though most of what's depicted actually looks like pre-rendered cinematics.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 16, 2013, 16:09 siapnar

Really? I've found some pretty badass fast rides around the islands in JC2.

But the handling does need a rework. vehicles in JC2 tend to slide around a lot for no reason

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 16, 2013, 01:53 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 01:33:
If you're driving cars in JC2, you're doing it wrong. Grappling hook + paraglider = doing it right.

Good luck winning driving races with that.

Creston

32. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 16, 2013, 01:33 Jerykk

If you're driving cars in JC2, you're doing it wrong. Grappling hook + paraglider = doing it right.  

31. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 22:50 Creston

siapnar wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 14:33:
I don't think anyone who's played JC2 and loved it should be concerned at all about having fun playing this game.
Avalanche do open world gameplay like no other.

Well, yes and no. A ton of JC2's fun came because of the incredible grappling hook. Without it, I think the game would have been pretty mediocre. Obviously they deserve a metric fuckton of credit (and money, hopefully), for implementing a grappling hook in the absolutely fantastic way they've done, but there's no grappling hook in Mad Max...

And I REALLY hope they'll do something about the driving, because in JC2 it's just utterly, utterly pathetic. According to Avalanche, even the top rated sports cars only have 12 hp, and struggle to go up the tiniest hills. :\

Creston

30. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 20:26 Mad Max RW

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 19:46:
I thought it looked cool. I'll give it a shot. I don't care if he's got an Australian accent or not.

It was confirmed by the developers he will have an Aussie accent.

Oddly enough we still haven't received any confirmation whether or not Tom Hardy is adopting an Aussie accent for Mad Max: Fury Road. Allegedly we will get a first official reveal at Comic Con this week, possibly Thursday.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2013, 22:47.

29. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 19:46 Silicon Avatar

I thought it looked cool. I'll give it a shot. I don't care if he's got an Australian accent or not.

28. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 19:20 Cutter

Look at how the Bedouin dress.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

27. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 18:49 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 12:51:
Darks wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 12:22:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:50:
I'm just saying that a black leather jacket in a desert is a really bad choice.

Well that all depends on the situation. At night that leather jacket will keep you nice and warm. If there’s a Sand storm, it will protect you.

But the dude is wearing it during the mid day sun. It would be literally killing him. No wonder he is mad.

But anything you'd wear would be scorching hot. If it ain't reflecting and sparkling like a lady gaga outfit it won't make a damn difference. Reflective cloth stuff would really keep you cool.... and make you visible for 10+ miles ;p

Black cloth is superior if you want to sneak in the shadows though, and it looks damned cool ;p

26. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 18:41 dj LiTh

After pondering everyone's posts, my response.... Cool  

25. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 17:43 Acleacius

I'm hoping Avalanche Studios cares enough about the quality of their game to hire a real writer. I guess they could just be making a similar action game to Just Cause, in the Mad Max world.

I would prefer an RPG, something with more depth and custom made Mad *avatars with character generation, at the start of the game. They could probably save tons of money, having a silent protagonist. Instead spend all their money on great writer and NPC voice actors. Also of course make it Coop, like Dead Island and they would have a major success financially and critically.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

24. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 16:03 siapnar

jdreyer wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 15:30:
I guess it depends on how closely they adhere to the conventions of the movie? Just Cause series was great b/c of all the crazy shit you could do and all the crazy shit you could interact with. A lot of that stuff won't be in canon for Mad Max.
Granted, but I'm saying that because of their great gameplay choices in the past, I'm sure they'll make some great decisions with this one.
The graphics look pretty good, too, especially the fire effects.

Plus, there's a good chance this will be moddable, like JC2. So we'll maybe get mods like this one: http://youtu.be/zt74hCzUGNM
Or, maybe that NPC behavior will be standard in Mad Max

23. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 15:38 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 15:30:
I don't think anyone who's played JC2 and loved it should be concerned at all about having fun playing this game.

I guess it depends on how closely they adhere to the conventions of the movie? Just Cause series was great b/c of all the crazy shit you could do and all the crazy shit you could interact with. A lot of that stuff won't be in canon for Mad Max.

The game is borrowing a lot of the crazier new shit from Fury Road and Brendan McCarthy's comics.

22. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 15:34 walrus1

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:52:
A small point, but why isn't the narrator(narratress? narratrix?) an actual Aussie?

Mad Max is Australian. The world of Mad Max is post-crisis Australia.

This rubbed me the wrong way too. Also this was defiantly not a gameplay trailer. RPS is calling it a trailer.

21. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 15:30 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

20. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 15:26 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:50:
I'm just saying that a black leather jacket in a desert is a really bad choice.

Hey, the desert gets cold at night. And scorpions can't sting through leather.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

19. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 15:06 Darks

Fantaz wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:48:
Shataan wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:10:
Nothing about the Trailer felt anything Mad Maxlike. Not the visuals. Certainly not the music. They should rename it.... "American Mad Max". lol

looks like crap...

Man, nothing ever pleases you guys.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

18. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 14:33 siapnar

17. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 14:11 deqer

I wonder engine this game is using. Looks like RAGE. Heh.

16. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 13:52 Burrito of Peace

A small point, but why isn't the narrator(narratress? narratrix?) an actual Aussie?

Mad Max is Australian. The world of Mad Max is post-crisis Australia.

15. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 13:48 Fantaz

Shataan wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:10:
Nothing about the Trailer felt anything Mad Maxlike. Not the visuals. Certainly not the music. They should rename it.... "American Mad Max". lol

looks like crap...

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo