Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Linux CryENGINE Plans

The Crytek Website reveals that German developer Crytek is looking to hire a Linux programmer to join their team. No need to read between the lines here, as this is introduced saying this is to "work on the Linux version of the 3d engine," and the responsibility they list is to "Maintain Linux support for CryENGINE." Thanks Ant via LinuxGames.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Linux CryENGINE Plans Jul 16, 2013, 04:18 InBlack

RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 02:18:
StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 23:46:
Linux within a few years, I think will be the only open platform where you can publish anything you like to it on your own terms.

QFT

QFT+1.

With that said, arent all PC gamers dirty pirates according to Yerli? Fuck that loser. Im thinking this is because of Valve's upcoming Linux based console, and isnt the PS4 OS a version of UNIX???

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Linux CryENGINE Plans Jul 16, 2013, 02:18 RaZ0r!

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 23:46:
Linux within a few years, I think will be the only open platform where you can publish anything you like to it on your own terms.

QFT

6. Re: Linux CryENGINE Plans Jul 15, 2013, 23:46 StaticRandomNumber

Yes this is great, I see it mainly as a response to Windows clamming down more and more, and Apple is not that far away either, both OSes seems to be aiming for a store publishing model only.

5. Re: Linux CryENGINE Plans Jul 15, 2013, 21:53 jdreyer

LittleMe wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 21:44:
Don't you mean a case of penguin and egg?

Dammit! Wish I were that clever.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: Linux CryENGINE Plans Jul 15, 2013, 21:44 LittleMe

Don't you mean a case of penguin and egg?  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

3. Re: Linux CryENGINE Plans Jul 15, 2013, 19:43 jdreyer

Well, it's a chicken-egg scenario. Linux needs games for Nvidia and AMD to justify making good drivers. But we need good drivers to get games into Linux. Luckily, it looks like someone is making the chicken, so AMD and Nvidia will be motivated to hatch some eggs.  

2. Re: Linux CryENGINE Plans Jul 15, 2013, 16:44 RaZ0r!

I went from zero to over sixty Linux games on Steam out of my collection in the six months that Steam as been available for Linux. At that pace, I should be able to ditch that pesky Windows partition in just a couple of years.  

1. Re: Linux CryENGINE Plans Jul 15, 2013, 13:25 jdreyer

Cool. It seems likely that Windows will be the dominant platform for the foreseeable future, but it's good that companies are making the Linux effort, thus keeping MS honest.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo