Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 20:00 swedishfriend

Julio wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 19:23:
I just love all the Microsoft news, the sheer incompetence just keeps going and going. If the Xbone sells as poorly as I think it will, plenty of developers can just do the PS4 version (and maybe the WiiU) and skip Xbone entirely.

The pre-orders must be greatly in favour of PS4. First they reverse on the DRM and now they might change the hardware? After they announced final specs? How little time will developers have to make adjustments?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 19:32 Cutter

In the words of Mr. Garrison, 'They can just suck my balls.'

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

34. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 19:23 Julio

I just love all the Microsoft news, the sheer incompetence just keeps going and going. If the Xbone sells as poorly as I think it will, plenty of developers can just do the PS4 version (and maybe the WiiU) and skip Xbone entirely.  

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 17:44 PropheT

Maybe they could just make the XB1 case a little bigger and stick a PS4 inside instead.  

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 17:23 HorrorScope

I can't help thinking MS is like Happy Gilmore and AMD is the kid caddy.

Ms to AMD when they found out their specs were inferior to the playstation "Where was ya on that one dip-shit?". AMD was the one in the know which system is better and one got the better end of the deal, the other can't help but be a bit pissed.

If MS upped the Ram, that doesn't mean Sony can't counter and add another $20 to the retail prices. I hope both do, that is just more win for us on the PC. We can move up to full 12 gig worlds!

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 16:27 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:47:
Graham wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:06:
Creston wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 11:22:
BackscrabbleSoft

Please stop. It's not even remotely witty and detracts from your otherwise valid argument.

I disagree. The arachnoid/crustacean-like imagery is an effective use of metaphor to describe Microsoft's behavior with this product. They are scuttling back to safety after overplaying their hand and being challenged. It's quite apt.

Wooop woop woop woop!

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:48 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 15:25:
They really just beefed up the Kinect specs. Now it can figure out if your pulse quickens during Hanna Montana and report you to the proper authorities, costs $6/mo and not available to Xbox Live Silver members. One Kinect per household, restrictions may apply, see box for details.

This reminded me of this post a while back, couldn't stop laughing:
http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/ac/1f/ac1f3e_4639102.jpg

Steam: SpectralMeat

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:42 NeOCidE

wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 15:25:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:17:
For cross platform games I guess devs will have to program for the lowest common denominator anyways, so even though the PS4 is more powerful it is not going to be used.

Actually... Ubisoft said AssCreed4 will look better on the PS4... I posted this yesterday, so I'll post it again:

----------
An anonymous Dev says that that the PS4 is 40% more powerful than the XBone, and the difference is NOTICEABLE

Ubisoft says AssCreed4 will look better on the PS4
----------

It appears that some devs will take advantage of the PS4's horsepower, that aren't just making PS4 exclusives.

Thanks for the link......Jeez I knew PS4 would have the edge, but 40%!?!? That's some spanking right there. Xboneighty is going to look old before it's time.

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:40 jdreyer

One thing devs might consider is forcing a game at 720p for xbone and 1080p for PS4. You could get close to frames per sec parity with the extra power of the PS4.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:25 Verno

They really just beefed up the Kinect specs. Now it can figure out if your pulse quickens during Hanna Montana and report you to the proper authorities, costs $6/mo and not available to Xbox Live Silver members. One Kinect per household, restrictions may apply, see box for details.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:25 wtf_man

For cross platform games I guess devs will have to program for the lowest common denominator anyways, so even though the PS4 is more powerful it is not going to be used.

Actually... Ubisoft said AssCreed4 will look better on the PS4... I posted this yesterday, so I'll post it again:

----------
An anonymous Dev says that that the PS4 is 40% more powerful than the XBone, and the difference is NOTICEABLE

Ubisoft says AssCreed4 will look better on the PS4
----------

It appears that some devs will take advantage of the PS4's horsepower, that aren't just making PS4 exclusives.

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:14 Lord Tea

Cute, Microsoft trying to polish its turd before it actually dropped it...  
UPSA = United Police States of America

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:14 SpectralMeat

I like the Microshaft version, and now with the x-bone it doesn't get old  

Steam: SpectralMeat

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 15:10 Prez

It's certainly more witty and original than Microshit. Which of course still fits, but it's old.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 14:14 NeOCidE

BackscrabbleSoft

Please stop. It's not even remotely witty and detracts from your otherwise valid argument.

Are you kidding me? If you've been following the Xbox 180 saga you'll know damn well that BackscrabbleSoft is more than fitting for the continuous U turns MS have been taking.

..and sry...I do find it witty and amusing.

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 13:49 jdreyer

I agree with Creston. This reeks of phallic marketing: "See they only have 8! We have 12!!!11" Everyone knows the best bang for the performance buck in games is GPU. Although if their O/S is so bloated, they might be forced to add memory to compete with the more efficient PS4.  

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 13:47 jdreyer

BackscrabbleSoft

I disagree. The arachnoid/crustacean-like imagery is an effective use of metaphor to describe Microsoft's behavior with this product. They are scuttling back to safety after overplaying their hand and being challenged. It's quite apt.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 13:33 Tumbler

I think we've officially passed the point where MS would have highlighted better features if they had any. Everything they seem to be doing is in line with that ridiculous system they pitched at E3 and before.

The big feature was Xbox + TV. I feel like the fans created the steam like features in their imagination otherwise we'd have seen microsoft expand on those. When you see a feature people are excited about why not spend more time explaining that instead of going back to stupid bullshit like Surface or the cloud.

This thing is screaming major redesign within the next year. Buying this at $500 would be the biggest gift anyone's every done for MS. Edit....maybe not as big as buying a Surface tablet...but it's damn close.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 13:20 Beamer

MindStalker3 wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 12:34:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:30:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 09:57:
Microsoft may be upgrading the specs of the Xbox One before its release

The major issue this generation was that Xbox 360 was still generally a windows machine thus making it much easier to program for, despite the PS3 having more powerful hardware.
XBox is PowerPC, Though its still leaps and bounds a simpler architecture than Cell.

There was no clear "more powerful" in the last gen, anyway, because they were very different machines. Which is more powerful, a BMW 335 or a Mustang GT? Both will excel in different areas.

The PS3 could do better detail, but a game like Oblivion or Skyrim choked it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 13:07 Draugr

MindStalker3 wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 12:34:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:30:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 09:57:
Microsoft may be upgrading the specs of the Xbox One before its release

The major issue this generation was that Xbox 360 was still generally a windows machine thus making it much easier to program for, despite the PS3 having more powerful hardware.
XBox is PowerPC, Though its still leaps and bounds a simpler architecture than Cell.

Another thing that made the 360 more favored in development was it's (512MB)shared memory, as opposed to ps3 which had it statically split(256mb) between the GPU and CPU.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2013, 13:14.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo