Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 22:24 xXBatmanXx

Leper wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 12:41:
I was one of the people waiting for FEZ to go on sale or drop in price, but I imagine a lot of other people saw that it was on sale, looked at the reviews and decided it was worth it. So far, it's been a great game.

I have been keeping an eye on it since it was first announced on XBL. Hope to grab it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 18:53 Asmo

Ah, the heady days of irrational and hysterical money throwing that is the steam sale...

I know I've splashed for a few things I normally wouldn't bother with because they were cheaper than a cup of coffee.

8. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 18:36 Ray Marden

For $5, Fez is certainly worth it. However...the game was less fun or exciting than I expected it to be.

Long story short, I had no ideas about the game other than it played with four perspectives and the developer was a jerk. Coming into the game, I was expecting something amazing - like first playing Portal - or a quirky take on the juxtaposition of 2D and 3D environments - something akin to Paper Mario.

Ultimately, you get the four perspectives, but a lot of the game - at least half of it - is locked off until you learn the Fez numbering system and language, much less a first-person mode that gets unlocked in your second playthrough. Until you do these things, the game is really held back.

I realize many games have pulled the "You beat the game...BUT NOW PLAY ALL THESE NEW LEVELS/COLLECT THIS NEW SPECIAL ITEM!!!!!!!" trick, but there tends to be a much more cohesive flow to the progression. In those games, you are tempted to do and achieve more because it could be really fun and its an interesting challenge that is presented. In this game, perhaps because the levels branch out so much, I hit roadblock after roadblock after roadblock. I hit so many of them that I looked online to see if I had missed something huge in the game (this was exasperated by some technical issues the day one release had...) and I found that many areas were simply not able to be completed because I had to complete another room far, far away or because, through my exploration, I had gone down a completely different route than the developer had intended.

It was worth the $10 I paid at launch and it is definitely worth $5 now, but temper your expectations somewhat. I had only the hype to go on and the final product was much more mundane than I thought it would be.
Quick, somebody call the wwaaaahhhhhhmbulance!
Wishing it was easier to cross between rooms towards the end,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

7. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 15:34 jacobvandy

Fantaz wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:34:
I was one of the people waiting for FEZ to go on sale or drop in price, but I imagine a lot of other people saw that it was on sale, looked at the reviews and decided it was worth it. So far, it's been a great game.

the reviews are sort of overrated... it's an okay game, not amazing

On Twitter, Fez creator Phil Fish described the numbers as "BANANERS" and "fuckin' NUTSO," ...

yeh, okay there bro. from the way this guy talks, it's no wonder his partner left him

I can't say I'd fault him for that reaction, even if he is a big douchenozzle... That's like half a million bucks, so even after Valve's cut and taxes, it's a hell of a haul for two days.

6. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 15:22 Pigeon

A fallout series would/could be awesome. As in most things execution is key.  

5. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 13:34 Fantaz

the reviews are sort of overrated... it's an okay game, not amazing

On Twitter, Fez creator Phil Fish described the numbers as "BANANERS" and "fuckin' NUTSO," ...

yeh, okay there bro. from the way this guy talks, it's no wonder his partner left him

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2013, 13:39.

4. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 13:33 Pigeon

"Yeah I'm a fan!" he said. "Even I can't find a way to complain about it."

Quite an accomplishment I understand.

3. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 12:41 Leper

2. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 11:55 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 11:50:
Whoops, I knew I was forgetting something on Steam Sale. Hopefully FEZ comes back for another round.

$5 currently! Urk, up for a $5 vote right now...brain damage, sorry.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2013, 11:50 xXBatmanXx

Whoops, I knew I was forgetting something on Steam Sale. Hopefully FEZ comes back for another round.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo