Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for this week, influenced, of course, by the kickoff of the Steam Summer Sale:

1. Sid Meier's Civilization V: A Brave New World
  2. BioShock Infinite
  3. Borderlands 2
  4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition
  5. Borderlands 2 Season Pass
  6. Civilization V Gold Edition
  7. Tomb Raider
  8. Left 4 Dead 2
  9. The Walking Dead
  10. Half-Life Complete

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 21:45 fujiJuice

I have really been enjoying Tomb Raider, I wasn't sure I would so I waited for the sale. Glad I picked it up.

Hey Rhino if you didn't get borderlands 2 yet, I have a extra key from the Amazon sale.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 21:44 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 17:02:

I played almost exclusively solo.

Same, just help friends out here and there and they have jumped in game to chat or to dump loots.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 21:06 wtf_man

I picked up a shitload of games on both Steam and GOG. 18 on Steam and 6 on GOG, with another 12 or so still on a wish-list on GoG for future sales.

Dunno when I'll have time to play them... but I have them. Heh.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 17:52 PropheT

Rhino wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 16:57:
Exactly what I was thinking of doing. I kind of ended up the same way as you in BL1, my boredom stemming from it being too easy, as well as repetitive though that bothered me less as I expected it. The two combined, though, was a killer for me.

Seeing as we seem to have similar tastes in that regard then I probably will.

Eh, I'd better ask: are you playing solo or multi, because I'm looking to play this solo.

I didn't care for Borderlands that much but Borderlands 2 was excellent. It pretty much fixed every complaint I had about the first one by adding a lot of character and story to the things that were just sort of there in the first one. It has a great antagonist, a guy you'll really want to kill by the end of the game, and a number of parts that are actually really funny instead of just trying to be.

I'd actually suggest picking up the season pass DLC along with the main game during the sale while it's cheap. The season pass for $10 adds a lot of stuff to the game, and most of it is really well done. I played 80-90% of the game solo and had a great time with it; True Vault Hunter mode on your 2nd play through is much more difficult if you're looking for a real challenge out of it.

BL2 with the season pass for $20 is a crazy good deal.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 17:23 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 16:18:
Creston wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:33:
Btw, the FO:NV ultimate edition is currently on sale for 5 bucks. That may genuinely be the most incredible value ever seen. Their four DLCs are pretty decent, and the main game is great. That's an easy 80-100 hours of RPG goodness for 5 bucks.

Creston

Not just FO:NV but the entire FO franchise is 75% off. I picked up FO GOTY for 5$.

That's what I meant by Ultimate Edition.

Creston

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 17:22 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:56:
Creston wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:06:
nin wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 13:09:
BL2 season pass for $10 is a nice deal for folks that don't have it. Only thing I've grabbed so far was Shock 2 for $2.50 this morning...

Also, I'll take any spare card you don't have that I need. Thanks!

Ugh, shoulda known that, I put all mine up for sale for a few pennies. (and sold all of them too, in like minutes. Crazy.)

Creston

Lol, you sure it wasn't a few seconds? Some cards are around 10-15 cents and others are around 20-25, I think it has to do with how many are in the set, or other random factors. But one thing I am sure of, is there are whackos out there with no life and/or a really nice bot setup, playing trading cards like the stock market and buying all the low-priced outliers like yours, then throwing them up at or just under market value. They be rollin' in copper swimming pools, I'm sure...

Well, when I said pennies, I meant like 25 cents and 35 cents. A few of my Grid 2 ones went for two quarters. All in all it was like 3 bucks that I got out of it, which basically paid for the Doom 3 BFG edition, so eh.

It just baffles me that people are apparently genuinely collecting these things.

Creston

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 17:21 Mad Max RW

Borderlands is really only good in the second playthrough online. Solo is basically a tutorial.  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 17:02 nin

Rhino wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 16:57:
nin wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 16:38:
Rhino wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 16:26:
I keep looking at that Borderlands 2 price, remembering that I disliked the first one but then hearing how much better this one supposedly is. Yeah, fine, it's just $10; but it's MY $10 which leaves me hesitant.

I never got far in Bl1, due to boredom, but loved BL2, and have like 170 hours logged. I loved the humor, it felt a lot more colorful than the original, and the story was actually interesting.

Just grab the main game. If you like it, you can get optional stuff later...

Exactly what I was thinking of doing. I kind of ended up the same way as you in BL1, my boredom stemming from it being too easy, as well as repetitive though that bothered me less as I expected it. The two combined, though, was a killer for me.

Eh, I'd better ask: are you playing solo or multi, because I'm looking to play this solo.

I played almost exclusively solo.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 16:57 Rhino

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 16:38:
I keep looking at that Borderlands 2 price, remembering that I disliked the first one but then hearing how much better this one supposedly is. Yeah, fine, it's just $10; but it's MY $10 which leaves me hesitant.

I never got far in Bl1, due to boredom, but loved BL2, and have like 170 hours logged. I loved the humor, it felt a lot more colorful than the original, and the story was actually interesting.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 16:38 nin

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 16:26 Rhino

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 16:18 Wallshadows

Btw, the FO:NV ultimate edition is currently on sale for 5 bucks. That may genuinely be the most incredible value ever seen. Their four DLCs are pretty decent, and the main game is great. That's an easy 80-100 hours of RPG goodness for 5 bucks.

Creston

Not just FO:NV but the entire FO franchise is 75% off. I picked up FO GOTY for 5$.

Another title I greatly enjoy for sheer destruction is Universe Sandbox. There's some kind of relaxation at watching Andromeda smash in to the Milky Way or when you change the gravitation constant.

Deadlight looks like a lot of fun too!

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 16:16 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:56:
Lol, you sure it wasn't a few seconds? Some cards are around 10-15 cents and others are around 20-25, I think it has to do with how many are in the set, or other random factors. But one thing I am sure of, is there are whackos out there with no life and/or a really nice bot setup, playing trading cards like the stock market and buying all the low-priced outliers like yours, then throwing them up at or just under market value. They be rollin' in copper swimming pools, I'm sure...
Eh, I doubt its that easy. Don't forget valve takes 15%, and it usually ends up being 2 cents on the lower priced things. So if the normal price is 15 cents and you buy for 12 cents then resell at the going rate, you make a grand total of 1 cent selling it.

And everytime I clicked an outlier to get (sold a bunch of cards to get some cards for sets I wanted, like hl2 or portal 2), it was gone before I could get it. So someone is competing against like 500 other people trying to buy that stuff too.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 16:08 Yosemite Sam

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:19:
Grabbed Just Cause 2 for $3 a couple days back and it's pretty good. I'm a little blown away by the size and scope of where you can go and what you can do. It's helping to alleviate my worries about their Mad Max game we'll be seeing a gameplay video of tomorrow.

Just cause 2 is fantastic. One of the most fun shooters I have ever played.

Creston

Was looking at that one.. I think I can get $5 worth of play out of it

EDIT, well I would argue that picking up X3 TC for $2.50 (which I sank over 400 hours into) was the most incredible value ever... gonna hold off on NV for a few hours and hope that Torchlight 2 @ 75% off wins the vote, then I'll grab both.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2013, 16:16.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 16:03 xXBatmanXx

I picked up a few things:
Psycho pack for a few bucks
Dungeons of Dredmor DLC
Antichamber
Dog Mode (2 left if anyone is looking)
Penny Arcade Games 1-4

From GMG recently I added:
DLC Quest
Bad Bots
Dollar Dash
Spec Ops The Line

Some good deals in Steam sale, problem is I have almost all of the games, and I have noticed repeats already? ugh.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 15:56 jacobvandy

Creston wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:06:
nin wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 13:09:
BL2 season pass for $10 is a nice deal for folks that don't have it. Only thing I've grabbed so far was Shock 2 for $2.50 this morning...

Also, I'll take any spare card you don't have that I need. Thanks!

Ugh, shoulda known that, I put all mine up for sale for a few pennies. (and sold all of them too, in like minutes. Crazy.)

Creston

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 15:33 Creston

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:19:
Grabbed Just Cause 2 for $3 a couple days back and it's pretty good. I'm a little blown away by the size and scope of where you can go and what you can do. It's helping to alleviate my worries about their Mad Max game we'll be seeing a gameplay video of tomorrow.

Just cause 2 is fantastic. One of the most fun shooters I have ever played.

Creston

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 15:24 nin

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:15:
Also, I was apparently the only person who thought Borderlands 2 got boring REAL quick.

Also required: Stop buying Skyrim, so it drops in price more!

I heard Skyrim is more boring than Borderlands 2. True Story. (tm)

:)

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 15:19 Mad Max RW

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 15:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

I cannot fathom this list... who was still without Half-Life? Weren't they giving that away for free for awhile?

Also, I was apparently the only person who thought Borderlands 2 got boring REAL quick.

I did pick up Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Star Drive and HoMM 6. Be warned, HoMM 6 has Uplay attached, but so far it's good enough that I am forgiving it for that sin.

Also required: Stop buying Skyrim, so it drops in price more!

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo