Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 09:22 avianflu

the best (worst) thing about this article is that the MS spokesperson is still offering murky platitudes about "what went wrong."

I'll say it again: MS needs to hire some PR folks who know what they are doing. Control the message. Dont let random MS execs sputter inanities to the press because the press Will Publish It.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 14, 2013, 15:57 Redmask

They still don't get it, the messaging wasn't the problem, the product was. They still think they can shit shovel Kinect into the box, charge $500 for an inferior platform and just get around it with 'messaging'. Bunch of corporate morons who probably haven't even met a real customer in years.  

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 20:33 nin

Amazon Best sellers (current)

PS4 Standard Edition - #6

XBOne Standard Edition - #45

Amazon Best Sellers of 2013 (So Far)

PS4 Launch Edition - #3

XBOne Day One Edition - #6

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 15:16 killer_roach

That's simply repeating the same thing political operatives always say in defeat - hey, it wasn't our ideas that were bad, it was the communication!

Never mind the fact that yes, sometimes it is the ideas... usually the people who trot out this excuse had at least some hand in the communication.

Considering the precedent previously cited, I wonder when Microsoft is going to start blaming the consumers for not knowing what they really want...

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 13:47 Cutter

wtf_man wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 13:20:
I don't think "talking about things more" would have helped them.

Yeah, but that's all they do is talk. Remember their re-commitment to the PC and PC gaming? They talk and talk and talk, and the one thing they don't do is listen. That's what they need to be doing. Asking customers what they want, then shut up and listen.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 13:40 HorrorScope

O/S the only thing I buy from MS. And if there was a new way...  

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 13:20 wtf_man

I don't think "talking about things more" would have helped them.

Gamers pretty much saw the writing on the wall and told them to "Fuck Off" via PS4 pre-orders. If anything, "more talk" would have just resulted in louder protesting of their anti-consumer policies and planned implementations... and, of course, would have also resulted in more PS4 pre-orders (assuming they never did their 180. and just talked more)

In any case, even with the DRM policy 180... they can't ever convince me that the "Spycam Adbox with a PayWall to Netflix" is a better option (regardless of price). /shrug

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 12:55 LittleMe

Well they were a lot more 'open and complete' with the feds! Do they think their relationship with them is more important than with their customers?

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 12:52 Creston

Yeah, that was the whole problem. It wasn't that you were being retarded and taking a bunch of options and previously available actions away from your customers (You know? They're the people who give you money, so you can do things like pay your mortgage and EAT,) it was that you weren't being clear enough about it. Rolleyes

"I think the key for us is, we love core gamers"

Bull fucking shit.

Creston

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2013, 12:59.

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 12:51 Axis

MS showed NSA how to decrypt all their emails, I'm sure they'll never be 'open' and 'complete'. Especially 'honest'. F MS, I'm so sick of em.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2013, 12:43 HorrorScope

How a company ever forgets it... That is why you need a major bloodletting, you have to regain trust and keeping the same dogs there doesn't cut it.

"we were incomplete in a lot of how using the system would work" - They've been that way with the 360 imo as well.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo