Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 20:51 killer_roach

Beamer wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 13:15:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 11:24:
Beamer wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 00:36:
Amazon, in almost all cases, will give you the game and eat the ;59.99 as the cost of their mistake.

in interviews they ask you questions along those lines. The answer is almost always eat the loss to make the customer happy, even if you lose millions.

... Because we are making billions.

In revenue, certainly not in profit yet.

Being an Amazon employee and shareholder, I'll own up to working for the most powerful non-profit organization in the world. Pretty much any cost savings go back into the business or to lowering prices.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 13:15 Beamer

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 11:24:
Amazon, in almost all cases, will give you the game and eat the ;59.99 as the cost of their mistake.

in interviews they ask you questions along those lines. The answer is almost always eat the loss to make the customer happy, even if you lose millions.

In revenue, certainly not in profit yet.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 11:27 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 01:55:
When EA has set a better example of customer service, you know you are messed up. When Origin had that thing with promo code...they honored those sales. The "Worst Company in the World" has better customer service then Best Buy apparently.

Origin has still been the fastest online service in terms of resolving an active account issue vs the others for me. 30 minutes done, Steam took a day for example. Just giving credit where it is due, overall EA still sucks and blows, but I was able to get a live chat person quickly and have it settled. Does Steam even have live chat? I've never seen it. And live chat is better than email, just in general.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 11:24 HorrorScope

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 11:24 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 00:05:
I have a friend who, over dinner the other night, commented that once tax starts getting figured into amazon's orders, people will retreat back to retail. But I sure don't see it...

I don't either. There is a place for both and tax to me (online vs B&M) has never been the factor. I need it right now vs Ease of ordering/shipping, is.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 10:21 xXBatmanXx

Jivaro wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 01:55:

When EA has set a better example of customer service, you know you are messed up. When Origin had that thing with promo code...they honored those sales. The "Worst Company in the World" has better customer service then Best Buy apparently.

Funny, Best Buy article in the Red Rag, I mean Star Tribune paper today. Local paper, local company - both terrible.

http://www.startribune.com/business/215301161.html

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 01:55 Jivaro

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 01:50 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 23:51:
Follow up to that Best Buy Metro: Last Light price mistake.

Exactly what I predicted: Best Buy will not own up to their mistake and will just cancel/ignore all the orders that were made during it.

This is why they're going out of business. Because their customer service absolutely fucking SUCKS ASS.

My wife and I went to eat pizza tonight. She ordered a vegetable Stromboli, and when they brought out the food to us, the waitress said "I'm really sorry, they made the wrong one. I'm having them make the right one right now, it'll be out in about ten minutes. You can either eat this one, or take it home or whatever." And she left a different kind of Stromboli along with my pizza.

So we got two Strombolis, and they never charged us for either one. THAT it how you deal with a mistake as a company: You own up to it, and you satisfy your customers.

This pizza place will be around LONG after Best Buy is dead & buried. Bye Best Buy! Nobody will miss you!

Creston

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 00:36 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2013, 00:05 nin

best Buy hits me with "dude, I am just as screwed as you" while Amazon is like "here, have your cake and eat it too". Too funny.

I have a friend who, over dinner the other night, commented that once tax starts getting figured into amazon's orders, people will retreat back to retail. But I sure don't see it...

With amazon, I don't have a sales dork trying to upsell me.

With amazon, I don't have an issue where an item is sold out, and the sales dork shrugs (it's like they've forgotten what rains checks were) - amazon tells me when they hope to have it back in, and I'm welcome to go ahead and lock in at the current price.

I can't tell you the last time I bought games, movies, or music through retail. Hell, with amazon, I can get dry food items and even clothes now...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 23:51 Jivaro

Follow up to that Best Buy Metro: Last Light price mistake. Sorry, it will be a bit long.

I ordered one copy. I expected it not to go through. To my surprise I got a confirmation, my card got dinged for 1 penny, and I got an email receipt..complete with order number and confirmation.

Here we are a few days later and my order has magically been cancelled. Again, not exactly surprising, but I decided to hit up the Best Buy chat support to find out how exactly it is that my order can suddenly vanish without any contact to me as a customer. You know, like an explanation or something. Obviously, they screwed up and they don't want to have to give out copies to people, but who cancels orders without notification or explanation? What follows is a copy+paste from my actual conversation. Enjoy. (I added "Vic" and "Me" for clarity. Don't ask me where I got Vic, since his name is Lee V...I just did.)

Best Buy Chat
Connected to Lee V
Vic: Thank you for chatting in with Best Buy today. My name is Lee, how are you doing today?
Me: I am good. I am here to inquire as to why my order was cancelled, and why it was cancelled without Best Buy even so much as sending me an email.
Vic: I'll be more than happy to assist you with your order canceled issue.
Me: Do you need any info from me?
Vic: May I have the order number, please?
Me: BBY01-************
Vic: All the Metro Last Light order is on hold or canceled. There is no way to verify your Metro Last Light order as of this time.
Me: You are going to have to do better than that. It didn't just magically cancel, it doesn't need verification..it has an order number, I have a receipt. I understand if you are out and it will take awhile...but cancelled? No email or explanation?
Me: That makes no sense.
Vic: You are not the only order that got canceled for that game.
Vic: I, myself order the game too, at the full price of $60. I'm doing my best to get all the information I can about the issue. My best possible solution is to reorder it, once its back up on the web site.
Me: That makes me feel tremendously better knowing that Best Buy is screwing over more people. *sarcasm*
Me: Seriously? Best option is to reorder (at full price) from the company that just cancels orders it can't fulfil? I mean..who does that?
Vic: I'm still waiting to hair back form Best Buy too.
Vic: That is funny.
Me: And they screw over their own employees. Even more funny.
Me: So, before I disconnect..do you have any reason why I should bother with Best Buy in the future?
Vic: I like there blu ray movies deal.
Vic: 3 blu-ray movies for $20.
*I disconnected here*

I fully admit to being a bit antagonistic...so no one here gets the wrong idea. If Best Buy thinks the best idea is to simply cancel the orders without any communication, that isn't Vic's fault. I just found Vic to be amusing, less than helpful, and this whole thing has shown me why Amazon is eating them for lunch. A month ago my Kindle's power cord literally came apart. I couldn't figure out which cord to order from the site, so I called in to Amazon support. Not only did he identify the cord, but the dude shipped it to me for free despite the warranty being long since dead on my 1st generation paperwhite Kindle. The conversation took 5 minutes. The guy on the phone said I got it for free because of a known problem with the original cords causing a shorter then expected lifespan. Best Buy hits me with "dude, I am just as screwed as you" while Amazon is like "here, have your cake and eat it too". Too funny.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2013, 23:57.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 20:37 nin

Creston wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 15:37:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:57:
Some good news, It's not a TUMOR! Well... at least not cancer that I know of. All my blood work came back normal (at least normal blood work), and urine sample came back normal as well. I have a visit with a GI doctor monday, and a fatigue doc as well. Having to force myself to eat extra meals to keep weight on is becoming annoying and expensive.

Good to hear HE!

Creston

I agree - very good news! Keep at it!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 20:34 Jivaro

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:46:
Creston wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 13:57:
There are 6 God of War games? *blink*

Creston
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B8J0PDE

And it is red - kinda cool.

Yeah, I bought one of those when it came out. Love it. Played all the GoW games in chronological order, which was kinda fun too.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 19:23 mag

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:09:
There's a cheap solution for the dishwasher problem, do them by hand. I've never had a dishwasher. I really don't understand the need for one unless you've got maybe 4+ people in your household.

I grew up with a dishwasher, but I haven't had one for the past... I dunno. Six years? I miss having one, every day.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 17:19 Sepharo

Valve now has teenagers working there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrH5ZbUJ_kw

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 15:37 Creston

Some good news, It's not a TUMOR! Well... at least not cancer that I know of. All my blood work came back normal (at least normal blood work), and urine sample came back normal as well. I have a visit with a GI doctor monday, and a fatigue doc as well. Having to force myself to eat extra meals to keep weight on is becoming annoying and expensive.

Good to hear HE!

Creston

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 15:08 xXBatmanXx

There's a cheap solution for the dishwasher problem, do them by hand. I've never had a dishwasher. I really don't understand the need for one unless you've got maybe 4+ people in your household.

I rented a house in Florida for a year with no dishwasher. I will NEVER take a dishwasher for granted. EVER.

All sounds like great news to me sir!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 14:58 killer_roach

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 13:09:
Guy was a master at marketing. Selling nothing better for a LOT more.

In all fairness, Bose's enclosures have always been pretty good. The problem was that it's pairing legitimately good enclosures with rather middling drivers.

If only Bose had collaborated with another relatively recently deceased audio mogul, Sidney Harman...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 14:57 The Half Elf

I rented a house in Florida for a year with no dishwasher. I will NEVER take a dishwasher for granted. EVER.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 14:55 Pigeon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:44:

Simplicity, cleanliness, sanitizing, counter space, etc esp with the baby on the way.

Sanitizing and cleaner looking are my main reasons. I scrub everything before I put it in the dishwasher, so its certainly not out of laziness.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo