Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

EA Phenomic Closed: Report

GamesIndustry International states that EA Phenomic is closed, a still-unconfirmed report that says the end has come for the German developer of the Spellforce series and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances. EA did not specifically address Phenomic in responding to their request for a comment, but rather gave an outlook on their restructuring as a whole:

As part of EA's realignment in recent weeks, we have announced internally a small adjustment to some development staff to better focus our teams against priority growth areas. The decision to let people go is not something we take lightly and we are working to ensure that impacted employees are treated fairly and with respect for their contributions to EA, and with assistance to find other job opportunities.

These are hard but essential changes as we focus on delivering great games and showing players around the world why to spend their time with us

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: EA Phenomic Closed: Report Jul 13, 2013, 13:22 cobosdan2

Sorry about Phenomic, hope they can regroup in a new game studio

I really wish the ex-Phenomic people would kickstart a game similar to Spellforce 1 and 2, personal favorites.

And for once, me too: I do hate you EA !!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: EA Phenomic Closed: Report Jul 13, 2013, 03:29 El Pit

ViRGE wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 01:59:
Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 23:47:
Tiberium Alliances was the last thing they worked on? What have they been doing since then?

Creston
Probably some unannounced project that has since been canned. I'd wager another RTS.

And since RTS is difficult to be played with a console controller and is BORING for console kiddies anyways, that was a bad idea.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

3. Re: EA Phenomic Closed: Report Jul 13, 2013, 01:59 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 23:47:
Tiberium Alliances was the last thing they worked on? What have they been doing since then?

Creston
Probably some unannounced project that has since been canned. I'd wager another RTS.

2. Re: EA Phenomic Closed: Report Jul 13, 2013, 00:04 Blackhawk

Hey, EA - if you're going to shut someone down for practical business reasons, do so, but at least say that's what you're doing.

Stuffing 'realignment', 'small adjustment' 'better focus' and 'priority growth' all into two sentences is condescending and dishonest PR doublespeak.

1. Re: EA Phenomic Closed: Report Jul 12, 2013, 23:47 Creston

Creston

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo