Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner

A new Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner is online, showing the scope of Creative Assembly's strategy sequel in a format that can actually help you formulate game strategies in advance of the game's release. Here's the explanation: "Today Creative Assembly updated the Total War website with an Interactive Campaign Map for ROME II! Not only will you be able to get a sense of the vast scale of the new Campaign Map and get a feel for the various factions, wonders and diplomatic relations at the start of the game, but youíre also able to plan out your burgeoning empireís opening moves. Share your vision via Facebook, or recreate a distinct moment from history; itís an exciting hint at the epic conquest coming your way on the 3rd September."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 11:54 Optional Nickname!

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 05:18:
Nope.
Steam exclusive.
'nuff said.

b'nuff said.

False. You clearly underestimate the long-term damage to the PC gaming market through monopolization, ultimately loss of choice, by the currently promoted DRM scheme, Steam.

You also neglect to mention that the perceived and actual inconvenience of local DRM schemes such as TAGES and SecuRom are magnified and Steam DRM, including local administrative level services is minimized.

Steam has polluted the PC gaming market so thoroughly that you have to very carefully read all the fine print from every game, on every vendor's website to see if "REQUIRES STEAM" is printed on the box in nearly microscopic print.

tl:dr When Rome II is actually for sale, I'll buy it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 09:12 dj LiTh

:)  

6. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 07:33 SpectralMeat

In case you guys have missed it, this was posted 2 days ago.
14 minutes Battle of the Nile gameplay with commentary:
http://youtu.be/Kg42DC4EpMY

I can not wait for this game!

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 05:27 shinchan0s

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 23:07:
Cool beans. These guys are doing everything right with this game aren't they?

Eeeeeehhhhhh. I wouldn't say everything (I mean, those unit cards are hideous), but it should definitely satisfy any casual Total War fan.

I just wish they would release more gameplay vids. The Teutoburg and Nile demos were pretty lame.

4. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 05:18 Muscular Beaver

Nope.
Steam exclusive.
'nuff said.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

3. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 00:20 D4rkKnight

The campaign is much more interesting now and I'm sure they've made some interesting changes since Shogun2.  

2. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 12, 2013, 23:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 23:07:
Damn right man. Though, they have to live up to the original and they seem...seem to be exceeding that.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 12, 2013, 23:07 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo