Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Free Transfers

Free character transfers are underway in World of Warcraft, Blizzard announces, saying these will run until July 25th. They list specific source and destination realms that qualify, suggesting they are rebalancing based on the number of players who have opted to give their toons a free transfer to the retirement home for the MMORPG. They say paid transfers are still offered for those swimming against the tide, and also offer a warning that players planning on moving as a group should coordinate, as they reserve the right to end free transfers at any time as target realms fill, so care should be taken not to strand your straggler friends on your former realm.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 13, 2013, 05:25 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, Area 52 was massively overpopulated with Horde. You wouldnt be able to move in Orgrimmar, if collision wasnt turned off in that game. Alliance was a rare sight and all PvP zones were instant win for Horde.
If I was still playing, I would prolly transfer off of it, because the people there really act like they live in a tin can with each other. Unbelievably rude and immature people.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 12, 2013, 18:50 mlw

Shok wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 16:32:
I got one of those "come back and play for 7 days" emails. I logged in once lol.

Yep, I have done that twice. I look at my main and run around my location for 5 minutes. Log out and done.

4. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 12, 2013, 16:32 Shok

I got one of those "come back and play for 7 days" emails. I logged in once lol.  

3. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 12, 2013, 14:29 Fion

I don't play anymore but I have a friend who all but pleads with me to come back because so many of the servers are practically dead. It's impossible to find a raid guild because there aren't enough players left , guilds have even started recruiting in the starter areas to try and convince people to transfer so they can fill out ranks in said guilds. It's getting pretty bad over there, and I have no interest in returning.  

2. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 12, 2013, 13:14 SimplyMonk

My wife just started playing there after a friend paid for her to play for two months. I don't think Alliance even exist on that server. Tol Barad is 500 free honor for the Horde and all you have to do is stand around for 10 minutes.  

1. Re: World of Warcraft Free Transfers Jul 12, 2013, 09:01 Mr. Tact

Mildly interesting to see the last server I was active on (Area 52) is on the list for depopulation. If I remember right -- it was Horde heavy when I was there (by a large factor), wonder if that's changed...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo