Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 13, 2013, 10:45 xXBatmanXx

I was looking at them, and for Flash alone that is worth a couple hundred, but they are way outta whack for competitive pricing. No thanks.

The only thing that even makes them a want is flash - which F andoid/adobe for not supporting anymore. Dumbasses.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Microsoft is cutting the price of its Surface RT tablets, base model to cost $349 Jul 12, 2013, 19:21 MajorD

I'll wait for the 2nd generation before I even consider purchasing one.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 12, 2013, 17:20 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 12:13:
Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 11:16:
I'd buy a Surface pro for around 700-800 dollars. Not for the price they're asking now, and not for the price they're asking now minus 150 dollars.

The Surface RT is a worthless device.

Creston

A Surface Pro, 64GB, Haswell, $900 including one of the keyboard covers.
I'd be sold.

RT would have to be $150 for me to buy. Maybe. Not sure I'd even jump at that, because while I want to replace my useless TouchPad, I don't think an RT at any price is the best option.

Flash Android onto your Touchpad, makes it at least 80% more useful. CyanogenMod 9 is pretty stable and feature complete enough to run games, even the unreal engine demo works.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 12, 2013, 13:32 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 13:04:
I'd buy a Surface pro for around 700-800 dollars. Not for the price they're asking now, and not for the price they're asking now minus 150 dollars.

Creston

Surface Pro would be a decent laptop replacement (for some but not all scenarios) at $700, I think they would sell a ton. It would be worth taking a loss on to establish a platform and help get some quality apps going and ensure more developer interest. I don't know why Microsoft will triple down on shit like Bing but shies away from a temporary loss on devices.

I don't get that either. The Surface Pro is a good device, it's just way way waaaaay overpriced. Just because Apple can take 700 dollars worth of hardware and get idiots to pay 1700 bucks for it doesn't mean that you can too, MS.

Creston

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 12, 2013, 13:17 jdreyer

If the Surface RT had come out at this price, MS might have been able to make some headway. Trying to price your tablet at iPad prices when you don't have Apple's cache is a recipe for failure. When you're that late to the party, you have to do everything you can to get your product into people's hands. When Surface was launched, the Galtab 2 10.1 was available for $280 on sale. $350 is the LAUNCH price, they should be cutting it to $300 at this point.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 12, 2013, 13:04 Verno

Creston

Surface Pro would be a decent laptop replacement (for some but not all scenarios) at $700, I think they would sell a ton. It would be worth taking a loss on to establish a platform and help get some quality apps going and ensure more developer interest. I don't know why Microsoft will triple down on shit like Bing but shies away from a temporary loss on devices.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 12, 2013, 12:13 Beamer

Creston

A Surface Pro, 64GB, Haswell, $900 including one of the keyboard covers.
I'd be sold.

RT would have to be $150 for me to buy. Maybe. Not sure I'd even jump at that, because while I want to replace my useless TouchPad, I don't think an RT at any price is the best option.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 12, 2013, 12:08 SirKnight

I'd get a Surface Pro...if it was A LOT cheaper and ran the mobile version of Ubuntu.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 12, 2013, 11:16 Creston

Creston

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo