Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under

Player Attack has word that a revised edition of State of Decay has been approved for sale in Australia under the country's new R18+ rating. The open-world zombie survival/horror game was recently refused classification there, which would prevent its sale, but word is the drugs in the game, which were the source of the classification board's objections, have been renamed stimulants and supplements, which was enough to solve the problem.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 13, 2013, 10:02 netnerd85

ventry wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 19:49:
Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 00:45:
Aus is so fucked up with this sort of nonsense. Mayhem and murder? No problem. Some virtual drugs in a game? NEIN!

What? You mean like the USA with gobs of blood and gore on TV BUT, when Janet Jackson rips her top off to expose her jewelry covered nipple at the superbowl the whole country loses it friggin' mind?

Better pull your skirt down. Your hypocrisy is showing.
lol, indeed!

The USA needs to get its tits out more often, they are such prudes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 21:33 budrojr

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that Cutter is from America unless you traced some kind of routing info I haven't seen or have seen another of his posts where he outs his location. But that aside. Is he wrong? No. At least not anymore than you are about the JJ nip slip thing. The majority of the country was pretty much only miffed that she tried to act like it was an accident. B*tch you know you planned that to happen exactly as it happened. Don't insult our intelligence.

In the end you and Cutter are both insinuating something about an entire country that isn't true. Most Aussies I'm sure are just like most Americans in that we couldn't care less about what is and what isn't displayed in a game. It's the review boards who think their entire job is to protect people from themselves. It's one thing for them to say, this is bad and it should be rated such and such. It's another thing entirely to ban it because of what they think is too much. In doing so they step on my freedom to make an informed decision and choose for myself at that point, and they need to fark off. And Australia is far more repressive in that regard than the US, although we seem to be heading more in that direction every day much to my dismay.

If I wanna see blood and gore, boobs and drugs, that's my choice. Nobody else should get to make that choice for me once I reached adult age. And if someone else doesn't want that? Don't buy the game. Or petition the developer for options to disable or control content. But let's not get into a circular hypocritical name calling battle. It's entirely possible for both of you to be wrong.

9. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 19:49 ventry

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 00:45:
Aus is so fucked up with this sort of nonsense. Mayhem and murder? No problem. Some virtual drugs in a game? NEIN!

What? You mean like the USA with gobs of blood and gore on TV BUT, when Janet Jackson rips her top off to expose her jewelry covered nipple at the superbowl the whole country loses it friggin' mind?

Better pull your skirt down. Your hypocrisy is showing.

8. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 11:34 Creston

They handled that even more poorly than MLB did...

Creston

7. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 10:56 Beamer

avianflu wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 07:51:
The game doesnt handhold: indeed it is like "Dont Starve" in that you "learn what works as you go." That's a MAJOR part of the appeal of the game.

The key to survival is moving to the next compound, which is always bigger and supports more people and provides more auto-supplies.

I am picky and the game easily gets an 8/10 from me.

The main issue I had I think has been patched. I was getting so many warnings and missions that it was impossible to tackle them all. As a result, my base population would fluctuate like crazy. I'd have no clue why sometimes it was 14 and sometimes it was 10. I also had no clue who was leaving (was it a playable character?) nor did I know the consequences of losing non-playable characters.

I guess, in the end, the main thing that stopped me from playing is that I'm in corporate housing through August, with a terrible TV and a lot of sunlight, and the game is utterly unplayable until 10pm because I just can't see a single damn thing in the never-ending nighttime.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 07:51 avianflu

The game doesnt handhold: indeed it is like "Dont Starve" in that you "learn what works as you go." That's a MAJOR part of the appeal of the game.

The key to survival is moving to the next compound, which is always bigger and supports more people and provides more auto-supplies.

I am picky and the game easily gets an 8/10 from me.

5. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 03:09 El Pit

"Revised" - read: censored!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

4. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 02:46 jdreyer

Thanks Beam, hopefully by the time this comes to PC, it will be more polished and balanced.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 02:20 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 22:32:
Watched a gameplay vid. Hope this comes to PC. Looks pretty awesome.

It's announced for it already.
I had a ton of fun for 12 or so hours, then just got a bit worn down by the constant alarms (some of which have been fixed.) I constantly had too many things calling for my attention without a clear sign of which was more urgent, I had no clue how many people I had at any given time or why it fluxuated, and I was running low on cars. All that, combined with the looming threat of permadeath 12 hours in, kind of collapsed something I'd been loving.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 12, 2013, 00:45 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Revised State of Decay Okayed Down Under Jul 11, 2013, 22:32 jdreyer

Watched a gameplay vid. Hope this comes to PC. Looks pretty awesome.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo