Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center

Riot Games announces that the League of Legends Season 3 World Championship will be held on October 4th in the Staples Center in Los Angeles before a live audience that may exceed 10,000. They say tickets will go on sale soon, and in the meantime, here's word:

LOS ANGELES - July 11, 2013 - Riot Games today unveiled plans for the Season 3 World Championship, the premier event for League of Legends professional esports on a global stage. Beginning September 16th, the best teams from each region around the world will descend on Southern California for a month of intense action, including semi-finals held at the Galen Center, the site of last year's final. Once the dust settles, competitors will head downtown for the World Final at the prestigious home of pro sports in Los Angeles - the Staples Center.

Taking place Friday, October 4th the World Championship tournament will be the pinnacle of pro League of Legends play this year, with the sport's preeminent athletes battling in front of more than 10,000 live fans, plus millions more online. The winning team will be crowned the Season 3 world champion, walking away with the Summoner's Cup and $1 million in cash. Tickets go on sale soon at lolesports.com and other associated ticketing outlets.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 12, 2013, 10:02 morose

I played enough LoL to get the mechanics and strategy down, but now I watch WAY more of it being played than I ever actually played myself. I pretty much view it like I do watching most sports. I don't have the dedication/skills required to be a pro MMA athelete, but I've learned enough to really enjoy watching the experts.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 12, 2013, 09:06 Mr. Tact

League of Legends has been on my "I should try that someday" list for a while now. Just never quite seem to get around to it...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

7. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 12, 2013, 06:29 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 00:47:
I can't bother with MOBAs. I have a life.

If by 'life' you mean that you bitch and whine on this website 24-hours a day then I completely agree.

6. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 12, 2013, 05:45 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 00:47:

I actually think thats part of the appeal, a game takes 20-40mins. Doesnt go on for hours and hours with no end in sight

5. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 12, 2013, 00:47 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 11, 2013, 22:03 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 22:00:
MOBAs really aren't my cup of tea, but they seem to be freaking huge these days. As long as people actually enjoy the game and aren't just there to act like complete shit to each other, gg. My only concern is the popularity of the MOBAs making more traditional RTS developers abandon what could have been good games, to take the 'easy' route and make a MOBA instead, aka Sins of a Solar Empire maker, Ironclad, who have fallen to the dark side.

Yeah I agree. Sins was such a good game. I really wish they stuck with the series instead of trying to break into a saturated market already dominated by LoL and Dota. I really hope their company survives when their new game underperforms

3. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 11, 2013, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yifes wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 21:53:
Pretty much why I play LoL rather than DOTA. The pro LoL scene is just amazing. 8 NA and 8 EU official salaried teams, matches every week, all leading up to the World Championships against Korea and China. It's a great time to be into MOBAs.

MOBAs really aren't my cup of tea, but they seem to be freaking huge these days. As long as people actually enjoy the game and aren't just there to act like complete shit to each other, gg. My only concern is the popularity of the MOBAs making more traditional RTS developers abandon what could have been good games, to take the 'easy' route and make a MOBA instead, aka Sins of a Solar Empire maker, Ironclad, who have fallen to the dark side.

2. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 11, 2013, 21:53 Yifes

Pretty much why I play LoL rather than DOTA. The pro LoL scene is just amazing. 8 NA and 8 EU official salaried teams, matches every week, all leading up to the World Championships against Korea and China. It's a great time to be into MOBAs.  

1. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 11, 2013, 21:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

required:

Lol, MOBAs!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo