Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The Steam Store shows the eagerly anticipated Steam summer sale is underway, kicking off an 11 day extravaganza. Here's word:

July 11th, 2013 - Steam has launched our 2013 Summer Getaway Sale, with massive discounts on hundreds of PC, Mac and Linux titles. Right now, you can take advantage of up to 75% savings on hits like Bioshock Infinite, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Grid 2, Don't Starve and more.

The Summer Getaway Sale offers you more ways to save than ever, with a hundred Daily Deals launching over the next eleven days. Check back often to take advantage of our eight-hour deep-discount Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Voting Sales.

For the first time, buying discounted games at this year's sale now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cards that can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale will run from now until July 22nd. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community Choice Voting and more can be found at http://www.steampowered.com. For more information on our new Trading Card feature, please visit http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards.

View
113 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

33. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:39 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 15:25:
Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 15:13:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:42:
You know your collection of games is nearly complete ...

... when a Steam sale comes and you calmly make plans for other things to spend your money on.

Who among us mere mortals can aspire to such a thing?! Only the Titan known as Prez can claim such riches, surely!

Creston

Is there another "Prez' in here? Riches - HA! Although I plan on getting Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3. Is the GMG 20% off code valid with BI? That would make it 24 bucks on GMG if it is. I doubt Steam could beat that price.

EDIT: and for $2.50 I can finally pick up Hotline Miami and see what the fuss over it was all about.
The code has expired on GMG, it still works with the season pass but not with the full game.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:32 El Pit

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 13:55:
Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 13:45:
Bye money! I hardly knew ye!

Creston

Don't all of your Steam friends already own Snuggle Truck?

Don't give him ideas. Or you'll find out it's no fun being run over by a snuggle truck.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

31. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:31 El Pit

mch wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 13:51:
I hope the Community Choice voting ends up with Dishonored for $10. Haven't picked that up yet...

I'm not at all trying to sway your voting, btw

Selfish as I am, I'd rather have 40% off of FarCry 3. I already have Dishonored.

You hear me, GabeN?

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

30. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah some of the deals are rather 'meh' I picked up walking dead for a buddy of mine from gamefly for $9.88 two days ago.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

29. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:25 Prez

Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 15:13:

... when a Steam sale comes and you calmly make plans for other things to spend your money on.

Who among us mere mortals can aspire to such a thing?! Only the Titan known as Prez can claim such riches, surely!

Creston

Is there another "Prez' in here? Riches - HA! Although I plan on getting Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3. Is the GMG 20% off code valid with BI? That would make it 24 bucks on GMG if it is. I doubt Steam could beat that price.

EDIT: and for $2.50 I can finally pick up Hotline Miami and see what the fuss over it was all about.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:13 Creston

Creston

27. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:09 nin

Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 15:06:
I really only want Far Cry 3 for cheap, and, uhhh... I guess maybe bioshock infinite, but they both need to go under $20 for me to bite. Other than that, yeah, I'm finally actively making headway in whittling down my "Still need to play" list, the last thing I need to do is add 15 games again.

Creston

I've got a ton of PS3 stuff I picked up in the last few weeks. Enough that I might not get through it all before the PS4 launches...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

26. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:07 Pigeon

Little surprised Bioshock is %50 off seeing as it just came out. I'm a little flummoxed Skyrim Legendary is only %40 off on a flash sale. An awesome deal to be sure but I was hoping for %50 or %60 off. I'll probably pick it up when I get home, been waiting for it to go on sale for awhile now, my patience on this matter may be over

Antichamber looks interesting as well, is it the kind of game you can play for 15 minutes and feel like you've done something? Easily put down and picked back up kinda thing?

25. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 15:06 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:44:
Honestly, I have so much stuff on steam already (a list for old games, a list for games I've not played yet, a "classics" list, and a list for stuff I want to replay) that unless a game pops up that I'm REALLY interested in, I'm going to largely pass this years sale...

At least that's what I'm telling myself right now...we'll see how long that lasts.

I really only want Far Cry 3 for cheap, and, uhhh... I guess maybe bioshock infinite, but they both need to go under $20 for me to bite. Other than that, yeah, I'm finally actively making headway in whittling down my "Still need to play" list, the last thing I need to do is add 15 games again.

Creston

24. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:58 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:52:

Like the Nordstrom anniversary sale that starts next week?
You know your days of collecting games are over, when your spouse says: "Awwww, that will fit perfectly to XYZ! And besides, you already have enough games you haven't even touched!" "True, but ..."

23. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:52 Beamer

Like the Nordstrom anniversary sale that starts next week?
Early access for card holders!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:44 nin

Honestly, I have so much stuff on steam already (a list for old games, a list for games I've not played yet, a "classics" list, and a list for stuff I want to replay) that unless a game pops up that I'm REALLY interested in, I'm going to largely pass this years sale...

At least that's what I'm telling myself right now...we'll see how long that lasts.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:42 Kajetan

20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:41 ItBurn

The Sale is great and all, but I suggest that you take a look at Green Man Gaming before you purchase something. They almost always have better prices (throughout the year I mean). And they also give you a steam key, so you can redeem that if you want. Right now, Bioshock infinite is 50% on Steam, but it's 50% on GMG and they also have a 20% off ticket that you can combine...  

19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:35 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:30:
NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO!!!
Dammit I need this money for stupid shit like food and bills!!! This has come at the absolute worse time possible, dammit my socks and underwear have holes the size of Wisconsin!!!

If the holes are the size of Wisconsin... dude, how big are your boxers???

Creston

18. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:30 SlimRam

NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO!!!
Dammit I need this money for stupid shit like food and bills!!! This has come at the absolute worse time possible, dammit my socks and underwear have holes the size of Wisconsin!!!

AWWWWW FUCK IT! Who REALLY NEEDS to pay bills and fuck my marriage too, Hell she was probably going to leave me ANYWAY, HELL "I" WOULD LEAVE ME! Might as well give her the reason on a silver platter!

" Yeah honey I was GOING to pay the bills but, YEAH I SAID "FUCK IT".

Ah well the next time you guys hear from me I'll probably be in a homeless shelter after my woman tosses my dumbass to the curb.

...I just hope they have a computer there...

"Angels with silver wings, shouldn't know suffering, I wish I could take the pain for you

If God has a master plan, that only He understands, I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through"

Depeche Mode - Precious

17. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:18 DG

Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

NNOOOOOOOOOOO!

16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:16 SpectralMeat

Ratty wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:14:
So wait, Bioshock Infinite is already 75% off? Since it didn't seem to be quite my cup of tea I've held off to get it on sale but thought maybe a year after release or so. Oh, I just checked. 50% off. Hmmm, $29.99 ... do I knuckle under and get it or wait? Think I might get it for less on a daily deal?
It is a daily deal, it won't be cheaper than this on Steam.
You can get it for $25 from greenmangaming today

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:14 Ratty

So wait, Bioshock Infinite is already 75% off? Since it didn't seem to be quite my cup of tea I've held off to get it on sale but thought maybe a year after release or so. Oh, I just checked. 50% off. Hmmm, $29.99 ... do I knuckle under and get it or wait? Think I might get it for less on a daily deal?  

14. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:09 Creston

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 13:55:
Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 13:45:
Bye money! I hardly knew ye!

Creston

Don't all of your Steam friends already own Snuggle Truck?

They do, actually! My mission was a success!

Creston

113 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo