Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The Steam Store shows the eagerly anticipated Steam summer sale is underway, kicking off an 11 day extravaganza. Here's word:

July 11th, 2013 - Steam has launched our 2013 Summer Getaway Sale, with massive discounts on hundreds of PC, Mac and Linux titles. Right now, you can take advantage of up to 75% savings on hits like Bioshock Infinite, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Grid 2, Don't Starve and more.

The Summer Getaway Sale offers you more ways to save than ever, with a hundred Daily Deals launching over the next eleven days. Check back often to take advantage of our eight-hour deep-discount Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Voting Sales.

For the first time, buying discounted games at this year's sale now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cards that can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale will run from now until July 22nd. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community Choice Voting and more can be found at http://www.steampowered.com. For more information on our new Trading Card feature, please visit http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards.

View
113 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

73. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 21:39 xXBatmanXx

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 20:30:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 20:13:
I'm thinking about getting Terraria, The Binding of Isaac, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and FTL: Faster Than Light. It's 4 games for less than $35 and that seems like a good deal.

Two of those got over 60 hours out of me, and I know Terraria got more than 60 hours out of many here (I got about 10 minutes.)

Good purchases, though FTL was $2.50 the other day.

ALl good deals, I have 200 hours just in Isaac. Make sure to get the DLC for that, makes it even harder. I have 100 hours in Terr. Just noticed Rogue Legacy is already 20% off, which tells me it will be cheaper later on!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 21:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Defiance on sale for $13.59... the show has improved dramatically, although it started out pretty bad...

Has anyone actually played the game? Worth it for under 14 dollars?

Aka yes I can finally access the store at this point.

71. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 21:28 Ratty

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 19:13:
Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening.
That's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear it. I've had the same job, lived in the same city for decades so losing my job would be just about the worst thing I can think of. An evening drinking binge is definitely in order. I happen to have my glass of Franzia right here so bottoms up and here's to you! Salud and good luck my friend.

70. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 20:30 Beamer

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 20:13:
I'm thinking about getting Terraria, The Binding of Isaac, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and FTL: Faster Than Light. It's 4 games for less than $35 and that seems like a good deal.

Two of those got over 60 hours out of me, and I know Terraria got more than 60 hours out of many here (I got about 10 minutes.)

Good purchases, though FTL was $2.50 the other day.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

69. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 20:22 Cutter

Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening. So no purchases on the Steam sale for me until I know that I can do the mundane things in life like pay my mortgage and put food on the table. Right now it's one of those "don't call us we'll call you" kind of things to see if I am still employed or not, so in the meantime there's a whole cabinet of heavy liquor begging to be drunk sitting in my kitchen. Bottoms up! Drunk2

Shitty if that's the case, and if not best polish up the resume and start looking ASAP anyway because if it's not today it'll likely be soon if that's where you're at with your company. Yeah, get gassed and get it out of the system, then jump back on the job search horse immediately because no one can afford to waste time in this economy.
Try not to stress, these things generally work themselves out for the best anyway.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

68. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 20:13 Silicon Avatar

67. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 20:06 SlimRam

Careful, in the news was a whack job gal who tried to hire someone to kill her husband news link includes video of her trying to hire She said it was easier than divorce, wanted it done outside because it would be messy and hard to clean, and apparently mostly wanted it done so a gal friend of hers could move in with her. She also tried to pay with the few dollars and change in her purse, and promised to pay more afterwards.

Her husband promises she is forgiven and doesn't want her prosecuted.

You mean...like...like maybe she wants me dead? Well I can't really blame her, lord knows I'm no catch...Hell I'd kill myself for the insurance money....if I had life insurance

Seriously though Prez, sorry if you lost your job today. That Shit can be a bummerr ...ON the plus side, I can save you a seat at the soup kitchen and on wed. Nights they have lasagna

"Angels with silver wings, shouldn't know suffering, I wish I could take the pain for you

If God has a master plan, that only He understands, I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through"

Depeche Mode - Precious

66. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 20:03 Dev

BTW, its best to shop in a browser rather than the client and keep a tab open with the latest contents of your cart. Steam is having great fun in repeating a bug I've seen before, namely emptying your cart randomly when you add something.
Buying 5 items at a time is probably a good idea so it doesn't kill off a whole cartfull.

65. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 20:00 Prez

PHJF wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 19:52:
You can always sell your Steam account for $300,000

LMAO! That made me smile on a shitty day. Thanks!

But, I think I'd rather go hungry.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

64. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:52 PHJF

You can always sell your Steam account for $300,000  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

63. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:46 Golwar

Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening. So no purchases on the Steam sale for me until I know that I can do the mundane things in life like pay my mortgage and put food on the table. Right now it's one of those "don't call us we'll call you" kind of things to see if I am still employed or not, so in the meantime there's a whole cabinet of heavy liquor begging to be drunk sitting in my kitchen. Bottoms up! Drunk2

Ouch! Weird day, I already heard 2 similar stories from other persons today. Good luck Prez and don't drink too much!

62. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:29 Rea1One

there goes my money!  

61. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:26 Dev

Wow man, that sucks!
Make sure your wishlist is updated, and put the stuff you most want at the top, you may end up getting some stuff anyway

60. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:19 jdreyer

Dev wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 18:59:
Careful, in the news was a whack job gal who tried to hire someone to kill her husband
news link includes video of her trying to hire
She said it was easier than divorce, wanted it done outside because it would be messy and hard to clean, and apparently mostly wanted it done so a gal friend of hers could move in with her.
She also tried to pay with the few dollars and change in her purse, and promised to pay more afterwards.

Wherein the truth is much, much stranger than fiction...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

59. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:17 jdreyer

Ooo, sorry to hear that Prez (job part, not the drinking part). Hope everything works out.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

58. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:16 Ray Marden

As always, be sure to check your wish list; most items I have on mine are discounted in some fashion and 15% or so of them have discounts of 60% - 75%.

There were some early bandwidth issues, but I've not had any issues since coming home from work. Steam is definitely no longer the de facto place for sales, but my biggest "letdown" of the impending sales is the lack of new, big games that I don't have and actually want to play.
Even more problems of the first world.
I basically have purchased any/every game I would really want to play. What I am left with now are the really flawed games (Remember Me,) buying the Steam version of games I already own/have played (System Shock 2,) or the cheapo indie games or third tier that I am not really sure I would like or play.

Really, I just look for the $5.00 or less items, money I don't mind spending to test something out. We all (or many of us) have a huge backlog of games that we could readily buy rather than buying more entries in our Steam games list.

Having just finished Dust: An Elysian Trail,
Ray

Edit: Derp derp. I post this and then can't access the store...

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

57. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:16 nin

Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening. So no purchases on the Steam sale for me until I know that I could do the mundane things in life like pay my mortgage and put food on the table. Right now it's one of those "don't call us we'll call you" kind of things to see if I am still employed or not, so in the meantime there's a whole cabinet of heavy liquor begging to be drunk sitting in my kitchen. Bottoms up! Drunk2

How cow, that sucks Prez! Very sad to hear. I feel bad for ya. Hope things turn around quickly!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

56. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:13 Prez

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

55. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 19:11 Dev

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1
"No results were returned for that query."

OMG really? You disable that search right when the summer sales start, then only let someone display the first 100 items on sale? Brilliant valve, brilliant. You sure are making it hard to throw money at you.

Edit: nm, it was just valve being valve and having storefront issues. Still no excuse though.

54. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 18:59 Dev

Pigeon wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 15:07:
I'm a little flummoxed Skyrim Legendary is only %40 off on a flash sale.
Were you the only one who didn't notice how long they kept original at $60 and how long it took to get any decent sales?
Seriously, why would they drop it if its still selling crazy well? The legendary is still in top steam sale charts at $60, why would they do a deep discount on it yet?

SlimRam wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:30:
Ah well the next time you guys hear from me I'll probably be in a homeless shelter after my woman tosses my dumbass to the curb.

...I just hope they have a computer there...
Careful, in the news was a whack job gal who tried to hire someone to kill her husband
news link includes video of her trying to hire
She said it was easier than divorce, wanted it done outside because it would be messy and hard to clean, and apparently mostly wanted it done so a gal friend of hers could move in with her.
She also tried to pay with the few dollars and change in her purse, and promised to pay more afterwards.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2013, 18:59.

113 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo