Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The Steam Store shows the eagerly anticipated Steam summer sale is underway, kicking off an 11 day extravaganza. Here's word:

July 11th, 2013 - Steam has launched our 2013 Summer Getaway Sale, with massive discounts on hundreds of PC, Mac and Linux titles. Right now, you can take advantage of up to 75% savings on hits like Bioshock Infinite, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Grid 2, Don't Starve and more.

The Summer Getaway Sale offers you more ways to save than ever, with a hundred Daily Deals launching over the next eleven days. Check back often to take advantage of our eight-hour deep-discount Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Voting Sales.

For the first time, buying discounted games at this year's sale now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cards that can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale will run from now until July 22nd. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community Choice Voting and more can be found at http://www.steampowered.com. For more information on our new Trading Card feature, please visit http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards.

View
113 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

93. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 12:31 Creston

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 19:13:
Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening. So no purchases on the Steam sale for me until I know that I can do the mundane things in life like pay my mortgage and put food on the table. Right now it's one of those "don't call us we'll call you" kind of things to see if I am still employed or not, so in the meantime there's a whole cabinet of heavy liquor begging to be drunk sitting in my kitchen. Bottoms up! Drunk2

Shit, sorry to hear that buddy.

I hope and pray you'll get a new job soon, or that it blows over...

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

92. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 11:43 Beamer

Hmm, $12.50 for Civ 5 Gold is probably a good deal, but I think I want to wait until I can get it with Brave New World for under $15.

Hell, through August I'm stuck with a laptop with Intel HD4000 graphics. I'm not even thinking it can do Civ V, but it does Civ IV just fine.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

91. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 11:35 Quinn

Argh, sucks to hear, Prez! Unless you were freakin' sick of the job but never got to quiting yourself!

Best of luck matey.

As for the new vote: I voted for GTAIV so I can own the game on Steam instead of that Rockstar Club or whatever ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

90. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 11:08 Verno

Prez buddy, make sure your wishlist is up to date. Very sorry to hear about your job  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

89. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 11:02 Alamar

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 22:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 21:50:
hahahaha You know it is time to back off when you say "ooooh! Dark Souls, I want that....*click*...." YOU ALREADY OWN DARK SOULS "PLAY"

Yeah, the embarrassment of every steam owner: "You already own...wait, what?!"

I have never had this happen, but I do find it quite funny : )

Regarding other comments... I played the hell out of Terraria (300h), and Dark Souls (~100 ish).

-Alamar

88. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 09:40 Armengar

Go postal prez. All you ex workmates talked about you behind you back. Load up and go wreak some righteous vengeance.

Either that or go temping until you find something better. Good luck fella.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

87. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 08:35 Mr. Tact

Good luck on the job situation, Prez. I need another ten years before I can leave the rat race. Being in your situation is pretty much the only thing I ever worry about, when I worry. Which I try to do as little of as possible.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

86. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 06:29 ASeven

Damn Prez, sorry to hear about the job, hope everything works out.  

85. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 03:13 El Pit

Sorry to hear, Prez. How can this be? A country without its Prez? A nation without its leader?

Bottoms up, mate! There's always a light at the end of each tunnel. Just make sure it's not the headlight of a train heading your direction.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

84. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2013, 01:46 dj LiTh

Sorry to hear that Prez, hang in there bro! We're all rootin for ya!  

83. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 23:47 Dev

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 20:13:
I'm thinking about getting Terraria, The Binding of Isaac, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and FTL: Faster Than Light. It's 4 games for less than $35 and that seems like a good deal.

Xcom is often on sale cheaper at GMG than steam usually puts it on sale for.

82. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 23:30 Mashiki Amiketo

Damn there Prez, that just fsking sucks. Hope you find something new job and quickly.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

81. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 23:25 fujiJuice

Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening.

Extremely sorry to hear that Prez. I hope it all works out quickly and for the best. Definitely some bluenews.

80. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 22:57 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening. So no purchases on the Steam sale for me until I know that I can do the mundane things in life like pay my mortgage and put food on the table. Right now it's one of those "don't call us we'll call you" kind of things to see if I am still employed or not, so in the meantime there's a whole cabinet of heavy liquor begging to be drunk sitting in my kitchen. Bottoms up! Drunk2

Oh wow, sorry to hear that Prez! I hope you find something soon, and that it pays well enough to support your Steam habit

I just started a new job a couple months ago after being at the same place for 15 years. It's kinda scary being out looking for something new, but can be a good thing too.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

79. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 22:35 SpectralMeat

hahahaha You know it is time to back off when you say "ooooh! Dark Souls, I want that....*click*...." YOU ALREADY OWN DARK SOULS "PLAY"
same thing happened to me when I was trying to buy Snuggle Truck

Steam: SpectralMeat

78. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 22:27 nin

Yeah, the embarrassment of every steam owner: "You already own...wait, what?!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

77. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 22:25 SlimRam

Keeping my eyes peeled for a price drop in 'Snuggle Truck'. When that hits:

*whispers* "...it's mine...oh yes"

The last time I went to a funeral, I looked over at the widow then look down at her husband's body and said, "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that suit."

76. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 22:22 Beamer

Ratty wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 21:28:
Wow - talk about bad timing! I think I was just fired from my job this evening.
That's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear it. I've had the same job, lived in the same city for decades so losing my job would be just about the worst thing I can think of. An evening drinking binge is definitely in order. I happen to have my glass of Franzia right here so bottoms up and here's to you! Salud and good luck my friend.
Hope it turns out fine, Prez.

And Ratty, wow. I've never worked for the same company more than 2.5 years, never had the same job more than 2, and, since moving out of my parents', never lived in the same city more than 3.5.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

75. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 21:55 SpectralMeat

That really sucks Prez, hope you find a new job quickly.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

74. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 21:50 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

113 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo