Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash

This filing shows SEGA's claim that bankrupt THQ owes them $941,710.93 from preorders of Company of Heroes 2 preorders. The included detail notes that more than half of those funds were from preorders placed after THQ's Chapter 11 filing: "Pursuant to the Distribution Agreement, Valve made payments to the Debtor, in the ordinary course of the Debtor's business, of a certain game to be distributed by the Debtor. Such payments total $941,710.93. Of that amount, payments totaling $508,877.85 were made after December 19, 2012 ('Petition Date')." Thanks Eurogamer.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 11, 2013, 03:59 Jerykk

Not really sure what the point of this is. THQ has no money to give. Even if Sega does manage to squeeze some cash from them, it likely won't even be enough to cover the legal expenses.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 21:14 jdreyer

Tumbler wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 13:31:
That seems crazy, people put up all that money for a pre-order?! I can see paying $5 at your local best buy or something, but I laugh at even doing that. Amazon pre-orders are the only ones I'm willing to make because they don't take any money.

Does this mean THQ took enough pre-orders to collect that much money ahead of time!? That's crazy if so. Who are these crazies pre purchasing games!

Here's the original article on Eurogamer. Apparently, these are all Steam pre-orders, and Valve paid THQ after they filed for bankruptcy. I don't know how Steam preorders work, are you charged right away?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 14:07 Prez

I think the term "You can't take blood from a stone" applies here. The stone being the dead carcass of a horribly mismanaged once-great game studio.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 13:56 KS

> COH2

For the briefest moment I saw that as City of Heroes 2, and my heart soared.

Then I realized, no, my hundred characters and superbase akin to an HO train hobbyiest's basement, were still gone.

7. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 13:31 Tumbler

That seems crazy, people put up all that money for a pre-order?! I can see paying $5 at your local best buy or something, but I laugh at even doing that. Amazon pre-orders are the only ones I'm willing to make because they don't take any money.

Does this mean THQ took enough pre-orders to collect that much money ahead of time!? That's crazy if so. Who are these crazies pre purchasing games!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 12:44 Verno

Yeah I don't regret buying this, I am disappointed in many aspects of the multiplayer but overall I will get $60 of value out of it no problem. I just hope they don't DLC map packs or something silly, the game ships with a very weak number of multiplayer maps.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

5. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 11:42 Darks

Creston wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 11:39:
preorders of Company of Heroes 2 preorders

A game so awesome, you preorder it twice!

Creston

Not sure if your comments are on the level, but I do happen to really love the Theater of War. Playing Coop missions are just awesome. I am disappointed that there are no American or British units in MP though. I guess they will milk that with add-ons. That is, if this game ever sees the light of day again after all that’s going on with THQ.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 11:39 Creston

preorders of Company of Heroes 2 preorders

A game so awesome, you preorder it twice!

Creston

3. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 11:23 Armengar

if they are in chapter 11 then doenst the administrator get the money? the company STILL exists and the administrator gets as much money as they can to pay off the debts. so sega will get zip.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

2. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 10:33 Darks

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 09:55:
Good luck getting anything from THQ, I think even the bones were brothed at this point.

LOL, yep, but Im sure they will try seeing how SEGA is in the red this past quarter.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: SEGA Seeks THQ's COH2 Preorder Cash Jul 10, 2013, 09:55 Verno

Good luck getting anything from THQ, I think even the bones were brothed at this point.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo