Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:50 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:27:
Why don't I remember it being this way, where you could trade/resell? Is this revisionists history?

They claimed you could do it but it wasn't going to be supported at release (they didn't even provide a vague release date) and no publisher had signed up to do so.

Their digital blahblah was really just a method of locking down discs to a more familiar licensing system that Microsoft prefers and could capitalize on. It had little to no advantages to offset all of the negative issues for consumers.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:30 nin

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:27:
nin wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 09:37:
"A new wave of gaming where you could buy games digitally, then trade, share or sell those digital licenses. Essentially, it was Steam for Xbox.

Goddamn, I love a good train wreck...

Why don't I remember it being this way, where you could trade/resell? Is this revisionists history?

There's hints that it might happen (in some recent steam code), but it hasn't happened yet, at all. And just like with MS' promises, until publishers decided to support it (and why would they?), it's a dead issue.

Valve may support it first, but if you have steam, who doesn't already have all of valves games?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:27 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 09:37:
"A new wave of gaming where you could buy games digitally, then trade, share or sell those digital licenses. Essentially, it was Steam for Xbox.

Goddamn, I love a good train wreck...

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:16 Frijoles

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:06:
Meanwhile I am getting more and more excited for Oculus Rift.
When I've seen CliffyB raving about it on Twitter I didn't care much for it, especially because CliffyB mentioned it, but many games seem to support it now and will be in the future.

HL2 is pretty god damn breathtaking with it, and that's on the low-res dev kit. I will be first in line for the HD version. Sadly HL2 wasn't designed for VR, so it's easy to get sick (motions are wonky, they take control of camera, etc). I can only last about 5 minutes, but I also just got my Rift 2 days ago.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:16 Drazula

Xbox One fans

All three of them... the rest of the signatures are PS4 fans encouraging MS to screw up more.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:14 nin

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:09:
Read the comments on change.org. A lot of it is pure irony. Hehehe.

I like the part about "1,095 supporters".

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:14 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:09:
Oculus Rift looks interesting but its the kind of thing I would never purchase without being able to try out for an hour or two.
I am pretty sure when they finally release them in retail there will be plenty of demo stations setup where you can try it, as well as return policy in place, as I can see that thing can make people sick.

I was about to buy the TrackIR also for Arma3 but I will hold off and see how the OR shapes up to be.
So far what I have seen of it, it looks like it will be awesome

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:10 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 10:06:
When I've seen CliffyB raving about it on Twitter I didn't care much for it, especially because CliffyB mentioned it, but many games seem to support it now and will be in the future.
Games like Arma3, Project CARS, Star Citizen, etc.
I think that device is going to be a game changer.

I nearly bought the latest Track IR (For DCS) but Im holding off because of the Oculus rift. Cant wait to fly the Mustang P51, the Huey and the A10 with that shit. Its going to cost me an arm and a leg but simming is never going to be the same after that device...

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:09 Verno

Oculus Rift looks interesting but its the kind of thing I would never purchase without being able to try out for an hour or two.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:09 InBlack

Read the comments on change.org. A lot of it is pure irony. Hehehe.  

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 10:06 SpectralMeat

Games like Arma3, Project CARS, Star Citizen, etc.
I think that device is going to be a game changer.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 09:57 Verno

Literally not a single publisher had commented that they would use or adopt Microsofts system and Microsoft itself refused to talk about it in detail which tells us that the underlyings wouldn't have been too favorable to the consumer. This is like the worlds worst case of stockholm syndrome.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 09:43 Axis

Sooooo much xbone press (marketers know press is good regardless if it's good or bad for the most part).

I won't be buying one, I may get a PS4 but even that I may pass.

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 09:35 SpectralMeat

New Xbox Live update drops points, hikes up prices
When you think they can not sink any lower, they prove you wrong!

and as far as this:
Xbox One fans call on Microsoft to reverse its U-turn.

Now I really wish Microsoft would have kept everything the same so idiots could experience first hand how nice the cloud computing is when the servers are unavailable to play your single player game, or when the games are locked to your profile and can not resell them just like how Steam operates.
Fanboys FTW!

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo