Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"

Rockstar Games now offers the promised new gameplay video from Grand Theft Auto V, their upcoming open-world action sequel. That page seems to be a little choked up, but the clip is also available on the YouTube (NSFW). The clip shows off the game's environments, some cutscenes, and introduces the game's three "heroes." It also shows off gameplay, and how the player can switch between the viewpoints of the multiple protagonists. The clip concludes teasing "and then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

View
116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

116. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 12, 2013, 11:23 Creston

Here's the entire Game Informer hub for GTA 5. Good stuff in there. I hate Gamestop, but I gotta admit that Game Informer really does these "featured games" series well.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

115. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 11, 2013, 18:59 nin

Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 16:42:
Here's some more info on the improvements of GTA5.

Creston

Thank you, thank you!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

114. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 11, 2013, 17:03 Quinn

Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 16:42:

Creston

From what I saw in the trailer, the gunplay looks allot -- if not identical! -- to Max Payne 3's, except that there's no bullet-time ofc. That's a very GOOD thing. One can say many things about MP3, but the gunplay felt f'ing good.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

113. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 11, 2013, 16:42 Creston

Creston

112. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 11, 2013, 15:30 Prez

That said, I'm not saying consoles are therefore worse than PCs. People seem to enjoy the couch+gaming idea and that's completely fine.

Yeah, there's really no point in the "which is better" debate. The choice between PC's and consoles comes strictly down to personal preferences nowadays to my mind.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

111. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 11, 2013, 05:17 Quinn

Prez wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 20:35:
I'm not a platform elitist, but I just really haven't had an urge to buy a console for myself since I built my first gaming PC. Well, except for JRPGs, because the PC never got those.

I wouldn't want to play GTA on a console; I've only ever played them on PC, from GTA1 all the way to 4, and it would be too much of a step down I think.

I agree and same here. Also, I wouldn't want to play it on a console due to the controls. This isn't even a matter for debate: You have more "free" control with M/KB. I remember playing Alan Wake on a console, and the mere effort it took to look around and take in the view defeated the purpose of doing so: to get a sense of freedom and tranquility.

But that's exactly it with controllers. I feel so goddamn shackled. It's completely fine with dumb third-person action games but that's all. Some of you might wanna reply with "get a mouse/kb for the console then!" but I've heard they' don't work as well as they should.

That said, I'm not saying consoles are therefore worse than PCs. People seem to enjoy the couch+gaming idea and that's completely fine. For me it's another reason why I'm not a console gamer. Playing a game in a livingroom, on your couch and far away from the screen, for me, breaks immersion. I'll always be "in the livingroom", and never completely in the game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

110. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 11, 2013, 04:34 entr0py

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 07:49:
Just noticed something, there is "five" embossed in front of the roman numeral "V". I guess thats for people who can't read roman numerals...

/facepalm

Ive heard that the U.S. education system has gone down the tubes in the last 20-30 years or so, but really? Is it really THAT bad???

They're trying to make the logo look like currency. Just changing the color and texture of the logo would be too subtle, but the FIVE banner in that font gives the instant impression of money.

109. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 20:35 Prez

I'm not a platform elitist, but I just really haven't had an urge to buy a console for myself since I built my first gaming PC. Well, except for JRPGs, because the PC never got those.

I wouldn't want to play GTA on a console; I've only ever played them on PC, from GTA1 all the way to 4, and it would be too much of a step down I think.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

108. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 20:31 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 18:41:
I actually devolved back into block writing (ie, no cursive connections)

That's exactly what I do...

That is what I TRY to do....but my writing still sucks. I tanked at an early age as I began to type at a very young age compared to my peers.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

107. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 18:41 nin

I actually devolved back into block writing (ie, no cursive connections)

That's exactly what I do...

106. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 18:27 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 11:54:
It's funny, I had to send in something to my doctor, and wanted to send an accompanying note with it. But my printer at home was on the fritz, so I just decided to write it instead.

Holy shit, but it's become damn hard to actually WRITE something!

Creston

Same problem here, I write so rarely these days I actually devolved back into block writing (ie, no cursive connections)

99.99% of all my communication is electronic. Heck, I have to sign stuff so rarely (electronic signature thanks..) that my signature is not settled. It looks different every time (depending on my mood) ;p

105. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 18:15 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 11:54:
so I'm looking forward to double dipping. (As I've done with every GTA so far.)

Creston

I do the same. Own copies of all avail for all platforms.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

104. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 15:20 Orogogus

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 09:56:
True I dont write in cursive often, or even rarely. And yes I just tried to write a sentence and it came out all fucked up and illegible. But reading it is no problem (if its legible) I think I would have to forget the alphabet to forget how to read.

But, I mean, why are Roman numerals important? I know them because I was taught in grades 2-4, but I don't feel it elevates me or anything. I do get kind of worked up about people not being able to perform basic arithmetic without their phone, or using their mouse instead of keyboard shortcuts for everything, but Roman numerals seem less inherently useful than, I don't know, Morse Code or Braille, and I don't know those. If they were cut from the curriculum it doesn't seem like it would do much harm.

103. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 11:54 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 08:46:
Just noticed something, there is "five" embossed in front of the roman numeral "V". I guess thats for people who can't read roman numerals...

/facepalm

Ive heard that the U.S. education system has gone down the tubes in the last 20-30 years or so, but really? Is it really THAT bad???

Yeah, but how often do you use roman numerals? It's like cursive, I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell you every letter, as almost everything is typed anymore...

It's funny, I had to send in something to my doctor, and wanted to send an accompanying note with it. But my printer at home was on the fritz, so I just decided to write it instead.

Holy shit, but it's become damn hard to actually WRITE something!

Anyway, back on topic, more and more hints are starting to show up for a PC version, so I'm looking forward to double dipping. (As I've done with every GTA so far.)

Creston

102. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 10:22 Verno

I'll just play it twice and have fun both times, I'll let you handle the weirdo platform zealotry stuff  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

101. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 10:06 ItBurn

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 03:00:
I don't understand why people deprive themselves like that. You are missing out on a great game. Played through it 2x. These type of games are made for a console anyway. Or at leats a PC hooked up to big screen using a game pad.....

I know he blocked me, but this is for the others
Reasons: Better controls for aiming, better textures, more details, more cars and pedestrians, better loading times, to support the PC platform, etc. Playing on console, even if it was released on them first, is a lesser version of the game. I love GTA 5 so much that I want to play the best version of it. I have no problem waiting forever if need be, there are a ton of other games that are also awesome... I guess that this is basically the masrhmallow test: Those who wait are more successful in life :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2013, 10:14.

100. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 09:56 InBlack

True I dont write in cursive often, or even rarely. And yes I just tried to write a sentence and it came out all fucked up and illegible. But reading it is no problem (if its legible) I think I would have to forget the alphabet to forget how to read.  

I have a nifty blue line!

99. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 09:41 nin

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 09:24:

/facepalm

Yeah, but how often do you use roman numerals? It's like cursive, I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell you every letter, as almost everything is typed anymore...

Please tell me that you can read cursive, because anything else would be just...wrong. As far as roman numerals are concerned I disagree, they are used quite a lot the title of this very game is an example. Everyone should know at least the first ten because they are still used quite a lot and it should be general knowledge from primary school onwards. I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X. Pretty simple.

If you don't use it, you lose it, as they say. Do you write in cursive often? I don't. If you asked me to write a sentence with it now, I'd struggle.

98. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 09:24 InBlack

/facepalm

Please tell me that you can read cursive, because anything else would be just...wrong. As far as roman numerals are concerned I disagree, they are used quite a lot the title of this very game is an example. Everyone should know at least the first ten because they are still used quite a lot and it should be general knowledge from primary school onwards. I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X. Pretty simple.

I have a nifty blue line!

97. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 10, 2013, 08:48 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 07:07:
For some people 400$ (or whatever the consoles cost) is still a lot of money. Most PC enthusiasts invest quite a lot of money into their PC hardware/software so buying another platform just to play a few exclusive games simply doesnt make sense financially. In adition to the financial expense, some of us feel that we are the last defenders of a stalwart and proud tradition. One platform to rule them all and all that...

I agree somewhat - but I am a gamer through and through. I try to acquire as many systems as I can and as many games as I can. I get the consoles for exclusives, GTA style games (end up buying on PC anyway) and racing/sport type games.

Learned on Atari and Commodore 64, was lucky enough to be in an IT family and have computers at a very young age. Parents were smart enough to understand where they were headed (as much room as they took up, that surprises me) and was encouraged in our home. Just lucky I guess. I forgo many other hobbies/wants for my gaming lifestyle.

116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo