Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"

Rockstar Games now offers the promised new gameplay video from Grand Theft Auto V, their upcoming open-world action sequel. That page seems to be a little choked up, but the clip is also available on the YouTube (NSFW). The clip shows off the game's environments, some cutscenes, and introduces the game's three "heroes." It also shows off gameplay, and how the player can switch between the viewpoints of the multiple protagonists. The clip concludes teasing "and then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

View
116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:41 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:36:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:32:
No. But in reality, it does lower PC sales a lot. And that means less PC versions or PC port quality in the future. My words were strong for entertainment though.

I don't really believe that to be true, what data and information are you basing it on? I bought both versions last time and the PC platform has had a strong resurgence in the past 5 years. I don't see how buying what is primarily popular on consoles hurts the PC any. I still buy tons of PC games and whatnot.

He said himself that he would rather play a PC or PS4 version. Just trying to help him. Also, I don't see why I shouldn't tell him whatever I want...

I think nin's point was that when you earn his money for a living then you can tell him how to spend it. People don't respond well to such comments, usually starting with F and ending with an off

I think it's obvious that if the game isn't available on PC at launch, most people will buy it on other platforms. And also, verrrrry few people are going to buy the game AGAIN on PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:40 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:38:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:31:
nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:29:
Please don't be a bitch.

Please don't tell other people how to spend their money...

He said himself that he would rather play a PC or PS4 version. Just trying to help him. Also, I don't see why I shouldn't tell him whatever I want...

If he wants to play it now, it's his decision, not yours. And there's nothing you can do about that, even calling him a bitch.

This is the internet, I can call whoever I want a bitch :p I was not serious when I said it. I fully expected him to tell me to f-off, which is fine with me.

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:39 HorrorScope

Looks good, but also think how much a 360 and PS3 straps it. This would have been an amazing next gen only title. But I get why they didn't go that way, I'll totally wait for the 1.5 version of the game, also known as the PC version.  

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:38 nin

ItBurn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:31:
Please don't be a bitch.

If he wants to play it now, it's his decision, not yours. And there's nothing you can do about that, even calling him a bitch.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:36 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:32:
No. But in reality, it does lower PC sales a lot. And that means less PC versions or PC port quality in the future. My words were strong for entertainment though.

I don't really believe that to be true, what data and information are you basing it on? I bought both versions last time and the PC platform has had a strong resurgence in the past 5 years. I don't see how buying what is primarily popular on consoles hurts the PC any. I still buy tons of PC games and whatnot.

I think nin's point was that when you earn his money for a living then you can tell him how to spend it. People don't respond well to such comments, usually starting with F and ending with an off

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:32 ItBurn

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:29:
Zyrxil wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:27:
Holy shit, these comments went full retard hard and fast with the idea of "GTA Online" as a separate game. There's no reason they would put that in this trailer unless it's just the name of the multiplayer component to GTA V.

Yeah, I'm not sure where people getting that idea from but it's a bizarre derail. I was pretty impressed with what I saw in the trailer here, it looks like a proper update in the same line as SA. I liked GTA4 but man its flaws were really obnoxious. I just hope they have finally nailed the shooting controls, it always felt clunky in previous iterations.

Please don't be a bitch. If you buy it on consoles, you are literally shooting yourself in the foot. There are tons of other quality games that are comming to the PC, you're not a slave to them... The PC version will also be a MUCH better experience and you'll basically be playing a shitty version of what could be. If you love it that much, don't you want to play the best version of it?

Buying this on a console doesn't preclude buying the PC version later or buying other PC games dude, chillax

30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:31 ItBurn

Please don't be a bitch.

29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:30 siapnar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:01:
Going through the video slowly
Thanks for the run-down.

It'll tide me over until the inevitable pop-up video for this trailer.

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:29:
I just hope they have finally nailed the shooting controls, it always felt clunky in previous iterations.

From the looks of this video, it seems as though it's much improved with precision and fluidity

I have projectile dysfunction.

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:29 Verno

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:27:
Holy shit, these comments went full retard hard and fast with the idea of "GTA Online" as a separate game. There's no reason they would put that in this trailer unless it's just the name of the multiplayer component to GTA V.

Yeah, I'm not sure where people getting that idea from but it's a bizarre derail. I was pretty impressed with what I saw in the trailer here, it looks like a proper update in the same line as SA. I liked GTA4 but man its flaws were really obnoxious. I just hope they have finally nailed the shooting controls, it always felt clunky in previous iterations.

Please don't be a bitch. If you buy it on consoles, you are literally shooting yourself in the foot. There are tons of other quality games that are comming to the PC, you're not a slave to them... The PC version will also be a MUCH better experience and you'll basically be playing a shitty version of what could be. If you love it that much, don't you want to play the best version of it?

Buying this on a console doesn't preclude buying the PC version later or buying other PC games dude, chillax

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:29 nin

Please don't be a bitch.

26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:27 Zyrxil

25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:26 siapnar

I didn't see any melee combat in there. Wonder how it's improved, if at all

Would be awesome if you could attend martial arts classes and level up that way.
Ex. Learn new moves and use them in the game

I have projectile dysfunction.

24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:26 avianflu

it looks great -- but I am wary of lots of $$ DLC crap immediately after release. there seems to be no mention of DLC one way or the other as far as I can tell.  

23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:24 ItBurn

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:19:
*mind blown*

/pre-ordered. Fuck it. I can't wait for the PC or PS4 version to roll around maybe a year later. I need to play this.

I practically choked on my water with laughter when I saw Trevor trying to flush a fucking FOOT. Hahahahaha.

Creston

22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:23 Creston

siapnar wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:40:
Sounds to me like GTA Online is just the multiplayer component of V, no?

That's the idea that I got as well.

Creston

21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:19 Creston

*mind blown*

/pre-ordered. Fuck it. I can't wait for the PC or PS4 version to roll around maybe a year later. I need to play this.

I practically choked on my water with laughter when I saw Trevor trying to flush a fucking FOOT. Hahahahaha.

Creston

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:17 Malachii

I am surprised at some of the hate on the character switching. It made me fall in love with it. I suppose I understand the point of character immersion, but I guess I'll have to relate to each one of them in some way :-)

I'm sold for console (never liked these type of games on PC) but man do I have to do something with this ridiculous backlog of excellent titles.

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:13 nin

McSterls wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:09:
Not loving the character switching, but the game's visuals look amazing. I'm in.

I was always a little skeptical, from when they announced it as seamless. They basically put a quick loading screen on top of it.

That said, I'm fine with it. I don't care for Trevor at all, so I doubt I'll be switching to him unless I have to...

18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:09 McSterls

Not loving the character switching, but the game's visuals look amazing. I'm in.  

17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:08 nin

InBlack wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:56:
siapnar wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:52:
Dunno why you fellas are predicting GTA Online to be a stand-alone game.
Is there any documentation to back this up?

From this trailer, it just sounds like the multiplayer portion of V

I hope that youre right.

Certainly looks like that's the case with the online portion.

116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo