Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"

Rockstar Games now offers the promised new gameplay video from Grand Theft Auto V, their upcoming open-world action sequel. That page seems to be a little choked up, but the clip is also available on the YouTube (NSFW). The clip shows off the game's environments, some cutscenes, and introduces the game's three "heroes." It also shows off gameplay, and how the player can switch between the viewpoints of the multiple protagonists. The clip concludes teasing "and then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

View
116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

56. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 13:12 Krizzen

Wow, the voiceovers still sound like they're recorded at 22khz. I don't get it. I just don't get it. Why? WHY?!?

Otherwise, I was impressed. Sure, the switching between three characters might be a bit annoying and jarring, but since buying assets is in, I'm in. That's what I've missed most since Vice City.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 13:05 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:54:
Everything has much more weight than other games. Models seem beefier.

But man, watching them switch clothing brought back awful memories of SA on the PS3. Switching clothing was excruciating. That game was crammed with so much useless, not fun crap that was either slow to load or just boringly time consuming.

GTA4 didn't catch me for similar reasons - stuffed with things that weren't fun.

Hoping this fixes that, because this looked sweet. I'd just worry that, again, they put things in for the sake of having a lot, rather than a lot of quality, and that they focus too much on a story I don't care about.

SA was on PS2, but I know what you mean. It took like 8 seconds to change a shirt on the PS2 in SA. I doubt it'll be an issue here, since they are mandating installs to the hard drive.

As for the graphics issue, the PS3/360 can definitely do graphics and detail like these. The big question becomes, what kind of frame rate are we going to be looking at? It wouldn't surprise me if this dips into the single digits from time to time.

Creston

54. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:54 Beamer

Everything has much more weight than other games. Models seem beefier.

But man, watching them switch clothing brought back awful memories of SA on the PS3. Switching clothing was excruciating. That game was crammed with so much useless, not fun crap that was either slow to load or just boringly time consuming.

GTA4 didn't catch me for similar reasons - stuffed with things that weren't fun.

Hoping this fixes that, because this looked sweet. I'd just worry that, again, they put things in for the sake of having a lot, rather than a lot of quality, and that they focus too much on a story I don't care about.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

53. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:54 ASeven

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:51:
ASeven wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:40:
3:45, the van crashing against the wall. That looks a lot like PhysX, doesn't it? And that means the footage could be on the PC.

Then again, I'm probably hoping too much.

They use Euphoria for physics and it's been in some of their past console games already. The trailer does not look like a PC at all to me, it's well edited and the game looks good but not uprezzed + 4xMSAA good.

Ah true enough, forgot about their own engine. Still, one can hope against hope.

52. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:51 Verno

3:45, the van crashing against the wall. That looks a lot like PhysX, doesn't it? And that means the footage could be on the PC.

They use Euphoria for physics and it's been in some of their past console games (GTA4, RDR, Max Payne 3) already. The trailer does not look like a PC at all to me, it's well edited and the game looks good but not uprezzed + 4xMSAA good.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

51. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:45 ItBurn

Me and a couple of buds feel that it looks too good for the ps3 or 360. Kinda does look like it's running on PC. But that doesn't make sense...

50. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:40 ASeven

49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:39 wasteoid

I wish the GTA games allowed you to create your own character, like in the Saints Row games. I wonder if they restrict players to only preset characters due to limiting the player interactions or animations. There has to be some good reason for not allowing full character customization these days.

48. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:22 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:39:
Looks good, but also think how much a 360 and PS3 straps it. This would have been an amazing next gen only title. But I get why they didn't go that way, I'll totally wait for the 1.5 version of the game, also known as the PC version.

If they made it next gen only, their potential installed client base would drop by 100 million. I'll gladly rebuy it when they release a PS4 or PC version.

Creston

47. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:18 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:24:
Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:19:
*mind blown*

/pre-ordered. Fuck it. I can't wait for the PC or PS4 version to roll around maybe a year later. I need to play this.

I practically choked on my water with laughter when I saw Trevor trying to flush a fucking FOOT. Hahahahaha.

Creston

Please don't be a bitch. If you buy it on consoles, you are literally shooting yourself in the foot. There are tons of other quality games that are comming to the PC, you're not a slave to them... The PC version will also be a MUCH better experience and you'll basically be playing a shitty version of what could be. If you love it that much, don't you want to play the best version of it?

How about you kindly mind your own fucking business?

Creston

46. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:18 Cutter

Ladies, hitch up your panties and take a breath. The Online is the multiplayer component. And yes it'll be coming to PC as it always does 6-12 months later. And yes, I'm in full agreement that I'm not "down", as the kids say, with the switching characters thing. I'd much rather get immersed in one character's story ala Niko Bellic, Tommy Vercetti, et al.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:18 Fantaz

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:46:
I think the trailer was pretty awesome. Wasn't going to but I think I will get this game at launch.

it looks okay... well it's exactly the same as expectations, so not sure how this trailer changed anything?

44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:08 xXBatmanXx

Parias wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:02:
So is this going to have co-op multiplayer? The character switching mechanic practically begs for it.

Was hoping for the same thing. Saints Row did it - so obviously it can be done.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:05 Verno

Looks good, but also think how much a 360 and PS3 straps it. This would have been an amazing next gen only title. But I get why they didn't go that way, I'll totally wait for the 1.5 version of the game, also known as the PC version.

It's been in development for quite awhile too, it's possible they're just going to port after the fact since it wouldn't have made sense to disrupt production to start on new targets. There was a job listing at Rockstar Leeds that points to a PC/Next Gen console port coming later.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:02 Proudfoot

bwhaha, at 3:45 they totally remake the DeNiro robbery from Heat.  

41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:02 Parias

So is this going to have co-op multiplayer? The character switching mechanic practically begs for it.  

40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:01 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:29:
Please don't be a bitch.

Please don't tell other people how to spend their money...

Yea, added to "the list".

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:46 SpectralMeat

I think the trailer was pretty awesome. Wasn't going to but I think I will get this game at launch.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

38. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:45 Mad Max RW

I agree. Rockstar needs guaranteed sales now on systems millions of people already own, not in 2-3 years when the next gen consoles are eventually in enough homes to justify their development costs.

As I did for GTA4 I'll patiently wait for the PC version.

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:44 KTR

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:01:
Character wheel shows 4! people, DLC will be another character I assume?

4th character is your Multiplayer Avatar. It allows you to quickly switch between SP and MP.

116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo