Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"

Rockstar Games now offers the promised new gameplay video from Grand Theft Auto V, their upcoming open-world action sequel. That page seems to be a little choked up, but the clip is also available on the YouTube (NSFW). The clip shows off the game's environments, some cutscenes, and introduces the game's three "heroes." It also shows off gameplay, and how the player can switch between the viewpoints of the multiple protagonists. The clip concludes teasing "and then there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will show you properly soon."

View
116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

76. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 16:25 Panickd

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:48:
wasteoid wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:39:
I wish the GTA games allowed you to create your own character, like in the Saints Row games. I wonder if they restrict players to only preset characters due to limiting the player interactions or animations. There has to be some good reason for not allowing full character customization these days.

It's even worse as there aren't any girls to play, I mean why not? Story works fine whether char is male or female but they obviously thought 3 dudes is the way to go..

To me Saints Row is far superior exactly because of that. I want over the top open world action gameplay with toppings of insanity and awesome.. not a realistic crime simulation with 3 unlikable dudes that takes itself sooooo damn serious. But I guess some people like this... to me there is nothing more boring ;/

Must be an age or cultural thing

They give you the option to be female in the MP portion of GTA IV so I imagine it will be similar in GTA V. And there may be a few slipshod story reasons that you only get to play male protagonists in the SP game, but that's just down to lazy writing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 16:22 NegaDeath

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the GTA series. But this looks gooood.  

74. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 16:10 Cutter

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 13:44:
SlimRam wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 13:43:
After watching this video all I can say is:

THIS ERECTION IS GOING NOWHERE!

not even 4 hours of naked Betty White pictures can deflate the rager I've got for this Damn game!

"In the rare case where an erection lasts more than four hours, seek immediate medical assistance."

Creston

That's not a medical issue, it's a scheduling problem.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

73. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:57 ItBurn

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:49:
TheEmissary wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:47:
I kind of like the idea of the character switching. In GTA4 you had missions where you came in contact with the dlc characters here and there. Think about the diamond heist stuff towards the end. In GTA4 if you had all the DLC you were able to play or see all points of view of the major missions. I liked being able to get different POVs of the missions so I will like the character swapping.

One of the previews I read said that was the inspiration for the character switching in this one...

That's part of the issue for me. I absolutely hated the biker DLC, because of the character. I loved the gay tony one though. The thing is, even though these three characters met during the game, I still felt like I was Niko when I played the original game, and then I still felt like I was only the black guy when playing gay tony. Different experiences where you could really immerse yourself in the character.

72. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:49 nin

TheEmissary wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 15:47:
I kind of like the idea of the character switching. In GTA4 you had missions where you came in contact with the dlc characters here and there. Think about the diamond heist stuff towards the end. In GTA4 if you had all the DLC you were able to play or see all points of view of the major missions. I liked being able to get different POVs of the missions so I will like the character swapping.

One of the previews I read said that was the inspiration for the character switching in this one...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

71. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:48 eRe4s3r

wasteoid wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 12:39:
I wish the GTA games allowed you to create your own character, like in the Saints Row games. I wonder if they restrict players to only preset characters due to limiting the player interactions or animations. There has to be some good reason for not allowing full character customization these days.

It's even worse as there aren't any girls to play, I mean why not? Story works fine whether char is male or female but they obviously thought 3 dudes is the way to go..

To me Saints Row is far superior exactly because of that. I want over the top open world action gameplay with toppings of insanity and awesome.. not a realistic crime simulation with 3 unlikable dudes that takes itself sooooo damn serious. But I guess some people like this... to me there is nothing more boring ;/

Must be an age or cultural thing

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2013, 16:04.

70. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:47 TheEmissary

69. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:47 Yosemite Sam

Looks absolutely awesome. Rockstar shows again they are the masters of the sandbox and everyone else are just pretenders.

The multiple characters will probably feel weird for playing the story line but should be great for just sandboxing. You won't be stuck with just one character, can pick your fav and just run with it... get bored with that one, jam with one of the others. Going to eat up my entire fall schedule methinks.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

68. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:43 Fion

There will be a PC version. There have always been PC versions and they sell very well generally. So I'll either wait for that or get it when the PS4 version hits.  

67. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:41 Wildone

Looks like it was pre-cut for the cinematic/story I doubt stuff in game would be like that.  

66. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:18 DG

I'm certain I'll be buying this game, question is whether I can wait for the PC version.

If R announced there'd a be a tool to convert 360 saves into a PC save then I know I'd be buying both.

65. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:15 Quinn

I can't be the only one who is being burried in the feeling -- every time I read or see anything GTAV related! -- that this game is, no matter how outrageous it sounds, not coming out for the PC, right?

It's that same gut feeling I had with RDR. They could've made loads of money releasing it for the PC but they didn't, and I think they'll do the same with GTAV somehow.

Personally, I think they look back at their buggy GTAIV PC release in horror and, although it was their own goddamn fault, can't be arsed with the whiney PC gamers anymore: They'll make plenty of $ with console versions, with way less blood and sweat and money that has to be spilled post-release.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

64. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:14 Brazor

"Looks" nice.
If they keep the pattern going then I'll wait till after the console versions are out and potentially nab the PC one. After all the bugs are known (not necessarily fixed).

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2013, 17:44.

63. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 15:07 Yakubs

Just a friendly reminder to those of you jizzing your pants that there is literally no rational reason to ever pre-order a video game. You'll thank me later.  

62. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 14:45 SirKnight

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:08:
The trailer looks good but there's no way that was rendered in real time on current gen consoles. Rockstar has a history of putting out pre-release media that is of much better quality than the final game. Plus it remains to be seen how well optimised the engine is, especially after the GTA4 fiasco.

On Rockstar's page, one of the devs said this was footage from the PS3 version.

The engine is optimized quite well, for consoles anyway. Just look at RDR. The graphics quality of this video reminded me a lot of RDR.

61. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 14:32 Verno

Just watched it again and noticed there were PS3 button prompts when Trevor is rappelling off the helicopter.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

60. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 14:08 theyarecomingforyou

The trailer looks good but there's no way that was rendered in real time on current gen consoles. Rockstar has a history of putting out pre-release media that is of much better quality than the final game. Plus it remains to be seen how well optimised the engine is, especially after the GTA4 fiasco.

It's all very well looking good in a 720p YouTube video but it really comes down to how it actually plays. The PC version hasn't even been announced and will like by the best part of a year down the line, at which point we'll already have next-gen titles like Watch_Dogs and possibly Mafia 3. I want to be excited for GTA5 but I've been burned by Rockstar too many times.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

59. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 13:44 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 13:43:

not even 4 hours of naked Betty White pictures can deflate the rager I've got for this Damn game!

"In the rare case where an erection lasts more than four hours, seek immediate medical assistance."

Creston

58. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 13:43 SlimRam

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

57. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 13:33 Dmitri_M

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:39:
I'll totally wait for the 1.5 version of the game, also known as the PC version.

1.5Beta

116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo